The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Launch Problem + partial solution 1.20.0211

By on November 30, 2009 5:32:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Prior to patch 1.20 I could launch Demigod without issue.

Since then when I launch from the desktop or from within Impulse, it won't launch, nothing happens.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, validating, etc.

I went into the program folder.  When I double-click on the icon "Demigod" in the bin folder it won't lauch.

When I click on the icon "DemigodLaunch" in the bin folder, it launches fine.

So, problem solved, but since "DemigodLaunch" has no icon, it doesn't look like things are working as intended, and the game still won't run from within Impulse.

Any further solutions are welcome.

+9 Karma | 6 Replies
November 30, 2009 9:26:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"><description>
    Demigod Compatibility Stub
</description><trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3"><security><requestedPrivileges><requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false"></requestedExecutionLevel></requestedPrivileges></security></trustInfo></assembly>

-Manifest File, from the extracted DemigodLaunch.exe file

Try running as administrator?

December 1, 2009 10:06:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmmmm, thanks, but beyond my technical expertise.  Is there an easy way to run as an administrator?

December 1, 2009 10:21:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what os are you on, fearzone?

December 1, 2009 10:24:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

-Credit of the image goes to Dash, impulsedriven.com

Right click, "run as administrator"(2nd image, non-xp ). Simple as that. Or edit the properties so that the program is always launched as administrator.(1st image )

December 2, 2009 1:27:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
what os are you on, fearzone?

Windows XP.  Will upgrade soon but that's what it is now.

Okay, this is dumb, and I apologize for my noobishness... but by right clicking the Demigod icon and selecting "Run as..." I was able to choose administrator.  BUT it wants a password, and won't let me enter a blank password.  I'm pretty sure I never set an administrator password, and tried the passwords I commonly use just in case it might work, but anyway.  But interesting idea I'd like to try it, will keep working on the administrator part.

EDIT: Alrighty, I set my administrator password, and ran Demigod as an administrator, and there were no changes.  Demigod still wouldn't launch from the Demigod icon.

December 2, 2009 9:42:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please contact [email protected] about this, they should be able to help.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.