The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD REQUEST] Hotkeys for Minion selection

By on November 30, 2009 3:44:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HI guys,

is it possible to create a UI Mod to enable hotkeys for minions? I i play Erebus the most and almost always use the button to select "all" Minions and DG. If i could just set a Hotkey for a monk for instance to sent him to my ally, it would be so much easier to hold him there :/. Now i always klick my usual button and he will run back to me.

EDIT:

OK some further explain. It seems i was not clear enough.

I ask for a mod which allows to set a "hotkey" for a specific choice of minions. For example: mark the minions i want to give a hotkey like all nightwalker and monks but not the archers. Give it a hotkey, so monks dont move but everything else does.
All ingame avaliable key settings are useless for my question.

I hope someone else also needs it and has some modding skills in his hands

0 Karma | 7 Replies
November 30, 2009 4:01:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

. . . this existed from day one, check the keybinding menu. I currently have my Monk button mapped to H, my summoned to C, my siege archers to V, and my Berserkers mapped to Y.

I'm not sure what the default is. This does, however, have the limitiation of selecting all minions of a certain type, not all the minions in a certain area around your demigod/cursor which makes monk-splitting a pain. I'd recommend bman's Rampaging Minion UI mod for micro'ing that, though it is somewhat buggy. Still nice though.

November 30, 2009 4:17:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,
. . . this existed from day one, check the keybinding menu. I currently have my Monk button mapped to H, my summoned to C, my siege archers to V, and my Berserkers mapped to Y.

I'm not sure what the default is. This does, however, have the limitiation of selecting all minions of a certain type, not all the minions in a certain area around your demigod/cursor which makes monk-splitting a pain. I'd recommend bman's Rampaging Minion UI mod for micro'ing that, though it is somewhat buggy. Still nice though.

All your seggestion dont help at all. As Lord Erebus i have 16 minions on the field in midgame. The only thing i can do is "select all" i cant always select one type. Rampaging Minion Mod is also not useful in this case as i still need to select them all to move them around. I cant select all and then reselect the monk to sent him back. That drives me crazy oO.

Thanks anyway, but

I STILL NEED HELP

November 30, 2009 4:47:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow. You didn't read what I said at all. Allow me to tell you what buttons YOU NEED TO PUSH. ffs

1. Start Demigod

2. Push Options

3. Look at the right under "Minion Control" notice the following:

"Select Soldiers"

"Select Archers"

"Select Priests"

"Select Special"

Next to all these little bars should be a letter. I changed mine to Y, V, H, C, respectively, as I said in my original post. Therefore, I cannot tell you what buttons you need to push. 'Special' is your summoned minions. If you are Erebus, they are Night Walkers. If you are Sedna, they are Yetis. If you are Oak, they are Spirits. If you are Queen, they are Shamblers.

/learn to freaking read when you ask for help/

November 30, 2009 6:03:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,

/learn to freaking read when you ask for help/

Wow i wonder who is the one who cant read....
You should not answer anymore as you still dont understand the problem.

BTW you sound like an asshole. I hope its not true, but i am pretty sure as you talk like one. You should learn some respect.

November 30, 2009 6:25:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What Lordi wants is to devide his monks so 1 goes to an ally and 1 stays with him and have hotkeys for them both.

Now how u gonna do that with a hotkey for monks?  

The  solution i see is making a mod that enables  us to select a specific group of minions and then assign a hotkey to them.    

Modmakers u know what to do                                          

December 1, 2009 6:00:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/370227

Bman's is the best out there so far. You can choose one priest by clicking on the green buttons on the minion portraits. Don't think they work with hotkeys yet but it's something.

December 1, 2009 8:41:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

as far as i have tried it the lua where the keys are being set cannot be hooked/modded, but i didnt investigate it very far...

perhaps its possible to edit them later ingame or reload them with changed settings

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.