The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod, The Judge (of the Afterlife)

By on November 29, 2009 8:24:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My first demigod idea I posted, altough i had many other toughts before. So the judge of the afterlife, based a bit on Anubis , who weiged the arguments and deeds of those before him, before they went to heaven or hell, is a Light Assassin who focuses on damage and debuffs, and can switch between a good judge, and an evil/corrupt one.

He Looks like this: http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dhuum.jpg , but entirely in white/ silver, with blue accents on robes and scythe.

Strenghts: Has good/exellent damage output, is versatile.

Weaknesses: Mana dependant, Low health

Starting Stats:

725 Mana

1500 Health

500 Armor

6.1 Move Speed

1.53 Attack Time

153-168 Damage

Play style: The Judge is a force to be reckoned with in it's own way, but being overconfident and thinking you will win with power alone will end up killing you, and eventually will cost you the game. He looks for those who are to be judged, and through his (or your) judgement he will ascend to godhood. He is equally effective at taking down creeps and demigods.

Abilities:

Active:

Key 4: Weight between good and evil. The judge adds weight to the balance and tipps it to Good/Evil, Making him switch between Good and Evil Judge and their forms of skills. You initially start as good untill you pick the skill. Effect: Good: Grants access to the Good version of your skills, increases armor and Health by 100 per level. Evil: Gives access to Evil version of skills, increases Attackpower by 30 and speed by 5% per level. 5 levels.

I have 2 versions for key 3, i'll list them as A and B, or i can just make 'em Good and Evil again.

Key 3: A: Lies or truth? The Judge knows the target lies and silences them. Effect: Silence target for 2 seconds. +2 seconds per level. 3 levels.

Key 3: B: Aura of truth. The Judge manifests truth by planting his scythe in the ground. Effect: Deal 500 AoE DoT damage. + 250 per level for 10 seconds. 3 levels (it's like a weakened circle of fire, but it moves with your DG)

Key 2: Weight of deeds. The Judge weighs your deeds and punishes you for them. Effect: Target moves 15% slower and reduces armor by 200. +5% speed reduction and + 200 armor reduction per level. 4 levels

Key 1: Judgement. The Judge slashes with his scythe to punish the target for it's deeds. Effect: Deal 300 damage to target and: Good: Heal self for half the damage done. Evil: Deal half the damage done in AoE. +200 damage per level. 4 levels

Passive:

Judge's strenght. Effect: Good: Increases mana regen by 5, +5 per level. Evil: Increased health regen by 10, +5 per level. 4 levels

Judge of sins. Effect: 10% chance to lower targets damage by 5 %. Lasts for 10 seconds. +5% chance and lower damage per level. 3 Levels

Enhanced attributes. 5 levels

Story: Before the progenitor was cast down, another god was exiled and stripped from his godhood. This god was previously the judge of life and death, but when he was cast down as a god and became mortal, he was reborn and lived in the slums, near the edge of the city, and as a farmer's son. He lived many years there, working as a farmer, together with his father, continually mowing the wheat with his scythe. He eventually grew tired of this, and travelled to the industrial centre of the city and worked as a balancer for a mediocre amount of money.

He suddenly heard a voice in his head whilst packing his stuff to go back home, which whispered to him: Do you want to become whole again? Do you want to know what you are once again able to become? He was told to go home, sleep and then look into his closet. The following morning, he found silver-white robes in his closet, toghether with his scythe. He donned the robes and then took his scythe, which, to his suprise, transformed into a tool, not for mowing, but judging and punishing. He then also created a mask, meant to resemble the reaper, but once it was done, it turned white.

He asked what he was to do, who he was, to which the voice replied: You are the banished god of judgement, the one to decide who lives and who dies. You were cast down for you were to powerfull for the ancient ones to control. He then immediately knew that he was able to transcend once again. He then travelled, donning the name: The Judge, and finally found how to retake what belongs to him.

Lots is still subject to change, and I still need to add a lot of things, but it's the basic idea.

+1 Karma | 10 Replies
November 29, 2009 2:00:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

neat! this demi sortah looks like my Nuix demigod.

December 1, 2009 10:28:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, Hello its me UncleanBeast! Vita's freind, and an awsome Demigod creator! As i read this post, a sudden realization dawned on me: You used my Fear post to make this demi! I may be wrong, but since this is your first, it would seem logical to get some sort of medium to base yours of of! It has mode switching, the general image of my Demigod, and even that passive +30 weapon dmg in the other form. But, im not angry, cause frankly id rather have some new meat welcome into the community, and good idea for the Demi!

December 2, 2009 12:57:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
  lol, Hello its me UncleanBeast! Vita's freind, and an awsome Demigod creator! As i read this post, a sudden realization dawned on me: You used my Fear post to make this demi! I may be wrong, but since this is your first, it would seem logical to get some sort of medium to base yours of of! It has mode switching, the general image of my Demigod, and even that passive +30 weapon dmg in the other form. But, im not angry, cause frankly id rather have some new meat welcome into the community, and good idea for the Demi!

I have to disagree UncleanBeast, Although it is a little similar, the main idea is different, its a judge of the universe. It sounds hella cool.

December 2, 2009 12:58:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

December 2, 2009 8:40:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SprinkKnoT,

Quoting UncleanBeast,
reply 2

I have to disagree UncleanBeast, Although it is a little similar, the main idea is different, its a judge of the universe. It sounds hella cool.

well, one thing I NOTED, is how this demigod doesn't have much of a running theme...he seems to have alot of little things that don't really go together (abilities and such) concept wise, but it forms a unique idea, very interesting....

December 5, 2009 9:03:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ Uncleanbeast:

Ye, actually I based it on your lay-out for skills 'n stuff, not for the skills themselves. Also, I always thought guys with scythes are cool (I also play Guildwars, and my main is a dervish, ex: http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dervish ) The only real thing I can make out of the general image of your idea, is that it wields a scythe, not really something about robes, color 'n stuff. I however didn't know/realise there were so much similarities between this idea and yours. I checked multiple things for skills: wiki's and some other posts, like yours, but only to make the skills kinda balanced ( I actually based the +30 bit on rook's god's strenght, since it is also levelable), so sorry if you think that I "stole" your idea, I only wanted to post mine. I would also like to note that the skills themself don't change, only their effect, creating something different from your idea, getting different skills altogether.

December 5, 2009 2:25:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting nightreaper0513,
@ Uncleanbeast:

Ye, actually I based it on your lay-out for skills 'n stuff, not for the skills themselves. Also, I always thought guys with scythes are cool (I also play Guildwars, and my main is a dervish, ex: http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dervish ) The only real thing I can make out of the general image of your idea, is that it wields a scythe, not really something about robes, color 'n stuff. I however didn't know/realise there were so much similarities between this idea and yours. I checked multiple things for skills: wiki's and some other posts, like yours, but only to make the skills kinda balanced ( I actually based the +30 bit on rook's god's strenght, since it is also levelable), so sorry if you think that I "stole" your idea, I only wanted to post mine. I would also like to note that the skills themself don't change, only their effect, creating something different from your idea, getting different skills altogether.

relax people, we are bound to repeat over each other's concepts sooner or later.

December 6, 2009 11:36:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no, i dont think you stole it dude! Your fine, and i dont mind if people take my ideas, and mold them around. That's fine, and im glad you used mine. And, as just a side note, when i used to play as a dervish on Gwars, my main was a Dervish too

December 10, 2009 9:58:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
no, i dont think you stole it dude! Your fine, and i dont mind if people take my ideas, and mold them around. That's fine, and im glad you used mine. And, as just a side note, when i used to play as a dervish on Gwars, my main was a Dervish too

aww, the nerds have come at peace and found something in common, soon they will marry each other! aww, lol, just kidding, you guys get all pushy and now are all backing off from the fight, lol, amusing!!!

December 10, 2009 11:42:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol i never got all pushy, was just saying i saw some similarities with his and my ideas!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.