The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[HELP REQUEST]Giving Goggles 'tracker' ability

questions about LUA coding...

By on November 27, 2009 1:15:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First off, I know that others are working on this and I'm just trying to learn more about modding and this seems like a fun thing to try and do.

Second, I'm taking Morpheus' Goggles as a base (vision +12, +5 HP Regen, +10% mv)

Question:

I've thought about this a lot and I'm thinking that the easiest way to target all enemy demi's for the effect to work is to make an "aura" that has all enemy demis as a target and that has infinite range.  Would the following lines accomplish those settings:

Code: javascript
  1. AbilityType = 'Aura', -- This in combo with AffectRadius = -1 = the whole map?
  2. TargetAlliance = 'Enemy', -- ensures only enemy are tracked
  3. TargetCategory = 'HERO - UNTARGETABLE', -- ensure that only heros are tracked
  4. AffectRadius = -1, -- infinite radius... whole map
  5. AuraPulseTime = 2, -- What does this do??

This is in the AbilityBlueprint section.  I'm just not sure about the AffectRadius = -1 I'm wondering if that will make the effective range the whole map... I would prefer to not hardcode a number that is huge... it just doesn't feel as elegant and it would be prone to bugs if people make HUGE maps some day.

Anoyone out there have any comments on my questions?

Thanks for helping get better.

+1 Karma | 2 Replies
November 28, 2009 12:23:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok first of all i have tried to give this ability to the Goggles but i failed.

I tried to do it as a useable item, that when activated it would track all enemies for 10 seconds. I simply copy/pasted regulus's tracking bug skill, and i made the neccessary changes. it didnt work. - To be honest i didnt spent a lot of time on this. Just 15-25 minutes. I should have given it a little more time, i think i can make it work.

Anyway,

I think your idea is better and simpler, but if it works this item would definitely be OP.

An answer to your question:

-1 means infinite, and i think this would cause problems, since Auras are not supposed to have this value (-1).

But it may work. Still it would be a lot better if you simply set it to 5000.

5000 yards range is the range of Teleports, Cloak of Night, Amulet of Teleportation, and other items that have the whole map as a range.

5000 covers the entire map, you can use it safely.

The AuraPulseTime is how many seconds each effect stays on you, when you get out of the Aura's range. Since you plan to have it cover the entire map it is useless, leave it as it is, or remove it. It doesnt matter.

Hmm... what else? Any other questions?

November 30, 2009 9:41:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cool, thanks.  That's helpful.  I can send you the rest that I have, but the piece that's missing is that I have this part setup to a cast ability.  So althogh this is an aura, its not on for ever.  its currently got a duration of 20.  So basically, for 20 seconds you get to see the other demis, then you dont until you activate again... I'm just using the aura so that I don't have to figure out how target all the enemy demigods when I activate the ability (pure laziness) .

If you're interested in the code I've got IM me and I can send you what I've started.

Cheers,

Than.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.