The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Process for Mods to be included in Patches

How to save Stardock some $$ and make the game better

By on November 26, 2009 3:44:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there a process determined for including mods into the next patches?  I know that you guys (SD) are very active on the forums, but is there an official 'process' for this? 

There was mention of 'the most popular mods will get included' but what about some mods that are actually bug fixes?  For example, it seems that someone has fixed the minions spawning with less than max health when +health to minions bonus items are equiped.  That seems like a no brainer to me... is there a process by which we "the community" can put these forth for consideration for your QA dept other than everyone loading it up?

The minion one is a perfect example to me:

- you may say: "If its important enough, people will load it and we'll catch it there"; but what if we're just too lazy to load the mod or people don't play generals and therefore a subset of the community doesn't bother with the mod (meaning all others can't load up the mod if they want to play with them).

I can understand that balance mods are harder, but bug fix mods seem a no-brainer to me...

I guess I'm just looking for an official process to 'promote' or 'vote' on mods that should be included.  It just seems innefecient to try and get your attention on the forums or to try and force people to get a mod that resolves bugs...

Frogboy, thoughts?

Thanks for an awesome game made even AWESOMER by modding support!!!!

+1 Karma | 0 Replies
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.