The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod Concept Idea: Nova

The Twisted King

By on November 26, 2009 4:03:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

VitaNova's New Demigod Character Concept:

Name: Nova

Type: General, Forces of Light

Appearance:

Outfit A

http://www.thelipstickdiaries.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/lady-gaga-red-lace-vma-outfit-lrg.png

Outfit B

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_X0cNr-SAHmM/SvuNiCDwdrI/AAAAAAAAEXg/AAh_BmywAOk/s1600-h/Picture+17.png

Outfit C

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_X0cNr-SAHmM/SvuNhzA0k3I/AAAAAAAAEXY/8QwlY24waHg/s1600-h/Picture+12.png

Nova himself looks like outfit A but manly and black, with a deep indigo/violet cape looking like a king’s robe. Jester type, but not really, outfit yes, but Nova is still a king and needs a crown such as that of Lady Gaga's red outfit. http://thumb2.visualizeus.com/thumbs/08/05/03/design,face,harlequin,mask,photography-8e50717e82e810e52df6146e2ca141aa_m.jpg

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/CRT/CRT155/jester-carnival-mask_~010741AT.jpg

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/images/mask_harlequin_blue_h.jpg

spikey stuff pointing up!

Minions are the white figures in Outfit B and C, they have long fingers/claws

Death would be him turning exploding into black dust and smoke (sortah like a vamp)

If you feel like these need to be modified in anyway please note so!

Taunts:

1. “Me and my twisted nerve…”

2. “Meet me at Insanity’s domain.”

3. “Let the stars rise.”

4. “I drown in ecstasy.”

5. “I am the king of trance.”

6. “I am the shadows in your mirror.”

7. “You amaze me.”

Pros: High Mana, Great recovery Abilities,

Cons: Cannot use totems/ scroll minions, Low Armor

Average:  Health, Mana

Game Play: Nova is a general hybrid assassin, has minions, but can’t use totems/wards. You temporary lose your demigod while you are using your minions. A crazy character, fun to play with, fun to play against. Brings forth a lot of chaotic events in order to escape, and uses random debuffs and buffs to throw the game off -balance. Attack and Offensive abilities are used mainly to tear down enemy defense frontiers.

Back-story:

In a kingdom far, far, far, far, far way, in a very, very, very, very distant land. There were many, many, many bored people. But one of them was born with the special ability to entertain. He entertained them so much that they killed their current king and crowned him, the new king, “Viva Nova Vita,” celebrating the new life that sat on the throne. Nova pulled up half of the fine silk cloth covering his face and showed his mouth. He said that his first decree was that they would party for infinity afterwards. Eventually they all died, some with drinks on their hands, and to this day the hollowed images of the guests are summoned whenever Nova decides to have another party, what can you do other than Just Dance to the music???

Abilities – Active:

**Nada Mas – 2 Lvls. – 900/900/1000/1250/1500 mana - 2/2/2/3/5 CT – 25/25/30/30/35 CD – Bring torture to the minds of your enemy, by demolishing reality and time. Create an illusion where all objects (structures and units) are invisible (but still targetable) and target demigod’s speed is cut by 25%/50%/55%/60%/75%.  5% base mana drain per second. Lasts 10/10/13/13/15 seconds. (to the targeted player; things are seen in slow motion) (Good for fleeing and for catching up to those who are fleeing)

**Ultima Nova – drains all mana - 2 CT – A whole bunch of small spheres of black light fall in from the sky and are absorbed by his body, giving him a really black glow, then he implodes blasting out black lightning bolts. Stretches everything absorbing everything, in his line of sight. Towers lose 50% health. Minions (including Nova’s if Nova Pas isn’t in effect) and creeps/spawns are absorbed and destroyed. Demigods are stretched in but are not absorbed, they cannot move while ability is active. They lose 5% base health per sec. Ability lasts 15 seconds. Nova is invulnerable while ability is in effect. Affects everything in Nova’s line of sight. Nova dies at the end. (You know how on bleach and stuff when an ability is really powerful or like their spirit is really strong or w/e you see those lines on the screen indicating intense pressure on the atmosphere, that would be a nice visual addition to this, also putting everything in Nova’s line of sight to grayscale and inverting the colors of things that are sucked in, only applying to things in Nova’s line of sight)

**Forgotten Fete – 3 Lvls. – drains all mana – 5 CT - 50/50/50 CD – Millions of red rose petals begin to rain down on Nova’s line of sight for 5 seconds ( while this happens,  nova can’t move ), disables enemy mana and health regeneration while the petals fall within line of sight, as decrases movement speed by 20% for those five seconds . Iras rise from the petal’s collected amount on the ground once the five seconds pass and the petals stop falling down. Nova summons 3/5/7 Nebular Iras (Nebular Iris singular) to take control over. An Iris looks like outfit A and B, they are only a little bit shorter than Nova. Each deals 90 damage and have 600 health, cannot be healed in any form and have no health regenaration. Have attack speed of 1. Movement speed of 6.1(attacks by clawing and scratching enemies) (the cool thing about minions is that they mimic Nova’s movement in whatever he does, and when they are standing still, they are sortah dancing and making those hand movements in Lady GaGa’s Bad Romance video) They are not affected by items. At level three, the death of a Iris heals Nova by 600 health and 500 mana.

**Tainted Tantrum – 5 Lvls. – 2500 mana – 2.5/2.5/2/2/2 CT - 30/30/30/30/30 CD – Nova (and minions if any) freezes on whichever position he is in and puts each hand on either side of his head, about six inches away, he then shakes his head violently and really fast, lasts 20 seconds. Causes small white light spheres and large black light spheres to fall down and violet laser lights to beam down from the sky in his line of sight , and the screen of all players to shake. While this is going on, the stats of every unit on the map goes crazy with each second. One second you may have 6 speed and 200-400 attack the next you could have 15 and 70-60 attack or w/e. 3456 current health 4000 base health, next second 627 current health 9000 base health. It’s crazy. Affects, health (1 min, 10000 max), armor (0 min, 10000 max), mana (0 min, 10000 max), all types of regeneration, everything really, also the visual size of characters (excluding the Nova and minions that are casting the ability), like a really tiny rook, a really thin and tall priest, a really wide QoT. Doesn’t kill anything, but provides the chance to kill any unit in case that unit gets a tiny amount of health, and to escape certain death in case you had small health and next second you could have a lot. Lasts for 10/15/20/23/26/30 seconds. Doesn’t affect structures; however, structures are unable to attack while ability is in effect. Affects entire map. Every unit can move except for Nova and minions. If Retro Violence is in effect Nova can move, but not minions, they keep shaking their heads like him and thus keep the ability going

Abilities – Passive:

***Nova Pas (Requires Nada Mas lvl 2, Forgotten Lotus Petals lvl 3) - 1 Lvl: Every 10 seconds Nova turns invisible, while Minions are Visible, and every 10 seconds the Iras minions are invisible but Nova can be seen. (this effects all players excluding player that controls Nova)

***Twisted Cataclysm – 1 Lvl (requires Tainted Tantrum): After tainted tantrum is over, all units in Nova’s line of sight including Nova + Minions are stunned for 5, 10, or 15 sec (variables are randomly chosen, you have a 1/3 chance of getting stunned for 5 seconds and so on).

***Violet Iris– 1 Lvl (requires Forgotten Lotus Petals lvl 3): Improves Nova’s Minions, turning their outfit red and bloody, they now have 180 attack, 600 health, and provides them with  60 health per second regenartion but still may not be healed by any other means, they are not affected by items.

***Retro Violence – 1 Lvl (Requires Violet Iris, Tainted Tantrum) – For every attack dealt to Violet Nebula Iras, Nova heals for 180 health. Affects them at anytime. Allows Nova to move and attack or w/e while Tainted Tantrum is in effect, but not the minions as the keep shaking their heads and keep the Tainted Tantrum ability going.

***Shadow Phase – 3 Lvl (Requires Forgotten Petals) – Nova and minions phase out of existence into the shadows, they can get a 5%/10%/15% dodge ability)

STATS:  Beginning level, Last level

HP:   2500//3500 (Divide {last level hp minus beginning level hp} by 20,  and you would get how much hp he gets per lvl up)
MP:   3000//5000 (divide by 20)
Armor:  
150//150 (divide by 20)
Damage:   100-300//300-350 (divide by 20)(I picture him attacking by casting violet magic spheres from his hands at enemies)
Attack Speed:   
Range:   
9 yards

Movement Speed:    5.9

Comments are WANTED!!!

+8 Karma | 13 Replies
November 26, 2009 4:04:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is my baby, I love this more than anything, my brain child!!! I am so proud!!!

November 26, 2009 4:17:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He he, your next baby should be called 'Vita'

Firstly, DON't USE RED! It's hard enough to read it as is...

Also, could you explain how all his abilities fit together. I understand his playstyle (sort of), but unsure how it all work.

Because I get the impression of a VERY disoriented demigod, from Nova Pas and Nada Mas. In terms of gamplay flickering demigods and reduced player's control seem quite intense.

Lastly, comment on my stuff too........  

November 26, 2009 5:35:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DrRabbito1,
He he, your next baby should be called 'Vita'

Firstly, DON't USE RED! It's hard enough to read it as is...

Also, could you explain how all his abilities fit together. I understand his playstyle (sort of), but unsure how it all work.

Because I get the impression of a VERY disoriented demigod, from Nova Pas and Nada Mas. In terms of gamplay flickering demigods and reduced player's control seem quite intense.

Lastly, comment on my stuff too........  

Vita, lol, I don't think so, lol

RED? heavens, not again! many times have I gotten complains from using red, I can't take, I am partly color blind with red/brown/black and blue/purple so I am very sorry if I do something bad involving colors, so I will fix that, again sorry

Well, Nova is basically a character that is insane, he focuses on shadowy and dark energy type of powers, that affects the cosmic reality of what we perceve to be real, such as illusions and he uses cosmic abilities to keep himself entertained. Basically, use his abilities to get the least amount of damage as posible and to disorient your enemies to get openings for your allies to deal deadly blows, or if you get the chance within all this crazyness, deal the blows yourself! Get it?

I will totally search for all of your posts and put in my toughts, sorry if I haven't!!!

November 27, 2009 6:30:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok, I have just added a few details, I should be posting stories for Clara and Ugly, fixing Monotone and Junipo, and posting Nuix pretty soon!!!

December 1, 2009 10:36:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol this guy is a breath of fresh air! He is so invigorating and diffrent! His focus is messing up the battlefeild, and invoking chaos! This guys strenght could be his unpredictibiltiy! You dont have to have and exact  build, just go forth, and blow stuff up!

December 2, 2009 9:09:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
Lol this guy is a breath of fresh air! He is so invigorating and diffrent! His focus is messing up the battlefeild, and invoking chaos! This guys strenght could be his unpredictibiltiy! You dont have to have and exact  build, just go forth, and blow stuff up!

welcome to my world!

Nova perfectly adapts to the player, have everyone play as him and you would never be bored, because he absorbs the personality of everyone, he is like a snowflake, that kills things, and that there is no two of its kind!!!

December 2, 2009 9:56:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, a snowflake that kills people...? That sounds interesting....

December 5, 2009 2:41:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
lol, a snowflake that kills people...? That sounds interesting....

uh, that came out wrong, how about: a snow icicle of doom....that kills people....whose ability has nothing to do with ice other than the fact that they are super cool!!!

December 6, 2009 2:06:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ah, gotcha!

December 10, 2009 9:30:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have been thinking of this active ability:

Cosmic Dance- it basically causes a chaos amongst enemy abilities; enemies are trapped within Nova's line of sight and their abilities are fired off effecting anyone at random (no cool down, each ability gets activated every two seconds). Nova is not effected by abilities. (Good for tormenting enemies who have good damaging abilities such as UB, DA, and such).  asts 10 secs. Can only be active while at least two demigods are in line of sight

Other names:

Trance of the Stars

For My Amusement

December 10, 2009 9:40:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, i like for my amusement, cause it pwns!

December 10, 2009 9:54:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
lol, i like for my amusement, cause it pwns!

thanks for the help! so does that mean you approve of it being added?

December 10, 2009 11:41:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hell yes!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000485   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.