The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demon Assassin Feedback

By on November 25, 2009 11:02:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

I love this new Demigod.

He seems to be in the same vein as Erebus: a character for an aggressive play style. I agree with Frogboy - a very lethal monster, and/or a great experience/cash resource for the opposing team. He has good Health, but his armour is feeble, which is entirely apt and seems to balance him. I was expecting him to be faster - characters like this typically are - and I`m glad to see he is not. Gets away from the cliche. Again, he seems very well balanced. Some hilarious commentary from him too.

I`m looking forward to trying the other Demigod. I am also pleased to see 4 additional Demigod slots made available; I wonder if we have that many in the pipeline from GPG/Stardock or if these are simply allowances for possible player mods.

+18 Karma | 33 Replies
November 25, 2009 11:23:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am also pleased to see 4 additional Demigod slots made available;

What now?

November 25, 2009 11:31:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe talking about the "random" slots?

November 25, 2009 6:13:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Random slots? 2 each in the General and Assassin columns - I had assumed these were available slots for additional Demigods.  (?)

November 25, 2009 7:59:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's alright, but at least we all now know we can take this feedback with a grain of salt... those are definitely random slots and have been there for quite some time now

November 25, 2009 8:30:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have a really hard time killing the DA, I am much more successful killing others with my Oak.

November 25, 2009 8:45:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What I find interesting is that I'm having a hard time taking DA down as reg. Despite him having supposedly low hp, it seems people just hp stack him and carry a mana potion and they're in business. I managed to kill on in a game I just had only by a lvl 3 snipe, lvl 2 mark, baiting him over 6 shrap mines, then threw 3 more shrap mines at his feet. I made it out with about 20% hp. That required a plan to do, and it happened to work out exactly to plan. Had I not had those shrap mines, he would have beaten me down with hp to spare - even if I had had a sigil. Had he managed to not trigger all my mines, I would have been dead too.

In short, DA builds I'm running into are actually pretty tough. I'm seeing DAs using sigils and getting 7k hp before lvl 10. Considering they do their high damage so quickly, they almost can't be considered a low-hp DG.

November 25, 2009 10:34:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

figured he'd be OP

November 25, 2009 11:48:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He seems to be in the same vein as Erebus: a character for an aggressive play style.

Erebus only playes that agressive be he is very overpowered compared to the weak demigods, erebus can full most roles though there are similarys in erebus and DA ganking.

DA only have the burst damage to kill the squishy demigods and fails to be able to theaten the strong ones, HP stacking is just too good.

November 25, 2009 11:59:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, I have played this new Demon Assassin. Now with my experience with him, some can call him overpowered, some can call him well-balanced, and some call him too weak. First off, what can make him overpowered is his warp slash, which if you max that SOB out, you can crit with it, and focus on his evasion and crit, makes him a MONSTER on the battlefield. Of course at first he IS a low hp starting off, until you get him some really good health adding gear to make it up. I have found that his warp slash (single target one) and his spine shot is pretty damn devastating...even though so far I have faced easy AIs...HE IS ONE POWERFUL SOB if you skill him correctly. When a Demigod flees, warp slash can pretty much say "there's no escape, you're screwed". Of course his multi-target warp slash is though weak, but hits 4 targets for 250 damage at lvl 1.

The guy that is basically on the front cover of the game box...I don't remember his name...but he kept trying to flee and sometimes he was successful, and other times he faced death. Other than that he's not too bad to play with. I have yet to see how he will fare against normal AIs and well people overall. Those with long range Demigods, I don't think you can expect to keep your range distance from him...because DA basically throws the concept of long range out the window and is basically in your face in a matter of seconds. I have found the main thing to focus on to make him devastating offensively is critical hit rate AND dodge. Once you get that, he's basically a walking God. Most towers couldn't even hit me with a high amount of dodge.

November 26, 2009 4:20:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TBH, i think DA's AA is a lil weak. It should have a minor buff. I feel as though DA should be some sort of an outrageous dps character next to UB but i dont think he lives up to it when compared to a UB. 

November 26, 2009 11:45:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
TBH, i think DA's AA is a lil weak. It should have a minor buff. I feel as though DA should be some sort of an outrageous dps character next to UB but i dont think he lives up to it when compared to a UB. 

It does seem weak, but maybe the better solution is to boost his passive skills.

November 26, 2009 6:05:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

right now he seems underpowered to me:

- Spine attack takes 12 second even though it does same damage as a fireball (which takes nearly a third of that time to recharge)

- His AA damage is a joke, you need to give him gloves to make the crit passive worthwile, but in doing so you neglect armor/HP which are another weak point for him...

- His area warp strike is another badjoke, oculus does the same, only that to everybody not just 4 targets...

- He cannot solo anything (except regulus perhaps) due to his long cooldowns. Without a team he is 0.

November 26, 2009 6:13:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so tru

November 26, 2009 7:07:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've found that a good UB abd DA together are damn near unbeatable. Especially late game.

November 26, 2009 7:23:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i managed to hold up well against a UB and DA while being a DA and having a Rook AI as my team mate. The game was stalemate for ages even though my rook was killed over an over again. Once u reach level 18 with DA you're pretty much set.

November 26, 2009 8:31:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think DA was really well designed and very unique from the other demigods.  He doesn't fight well in drawn out battles, nor does he do well against masses of creeps, but he is great at burst damage and ganking.  Also, his Swap ability hasn't turned out nearly as game breaking as I originally feared.

His only real problems so far is that his passive abilities are somewhat useless, and that his final Warp Strike skill is too strong.

November 26, 2009 9:06:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

His only real problems so far is that his passive abilities are somewhat useless, and that his final Warp Strike skill is too strong.

and so it should be coz he lacks so much in other departments like dps, health and def.

November 26, 2009 10:48:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Archon_Saar,
right now he seems underpowered to me:

- Spine attack takes 12 second even though it does same damage as a fireball (which takes nearly a third of that time to recharge)

- His AA damage is a joke, you need to give him gloves to make the crit passive worthwile, but in doing so you neglect armor/HP which are another weak point for him...

- His area warp strike is another badjoke, oculus does the same, only that to everybody not just 4 targets...

- He cannot solo anything (except regulus perhaps) due to his long cooldowns. Without a team he is 0.

Agreed.

And noone can call him balanced cos of his final "OP" Warp Strike. DA will rarely get to lvl15, he's so fragile and mana intensive he'll get bullied and abused by almost any other demigod before reaching lvl15.

Oh, and if we're calling Final Warp Attack OP/IMBA let's not forget other lvl15 skills like UBs omgwtfbbqOP Acclimation.

On the other hand, I DO find his passive abilities somewhat useful, especially dodge and speed, 3 points in speed is a free no item/favor wasted slot Swift Anklet. But ye his Crits passive is laughable.

November 26, 2009 11:59:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And noone can call him balanced cos of his final "OP" Warp Strike. DA will rarely get to lvl15, he's so fragile and mana intensive he'll get bullied and abused by almost any other demigod before reaching lvl15.

ppl always seem to forget its still a chance skill to achieve a crit with it. and i dont rlly think its OP coz by that time, everyone has HP stacked to the max meaning DA needs SOME sort of massive dmg dealing skill to counter this.

On the other hand, I DO find his passive abilities somewhat useful, especially dodge and speed, 3 points in speed is a free no item/favor wasted slot Swift Anklet. But ye his Crits passive is laughable.

he still needs to have a base speed of 6.3 imo.

November 27, 2009 7:23:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dont know if its me but DA is so WEAK. Spine take age to cast, he got low health, even reg hit harder then him. Even if DA got some "armor" items he got lot of damage. Imagine with peni, spike from QoT, etc. He will go down fast. His damage is not so stronght...we dont know if its a melee demigod or a caster demigod like TB. Its seems, whatever u will take...u wont survive enought to kill. Anyway like i said....maybe its only me

November 27, 2009 8:01:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it's not just you, I opened a thread complaing about the 12 sec coolodwn on spine and a bunch of dudes came saying it's not even though they have no clue about DA. figure it out

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/370177

November 27, 2009 10:29:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i think the more DA is being played, the more we come to realise that hes not at all OP in anyway whatsoever. If anything, he is a little underpowered.

warp strike doesnt even close the gap between you and a fleeing foe well at all coz you come to a stop at the end of its execution making u fall behind. It does minimal dmg early levels and proves to be no threat to well HP stacked opponents. When compared to swarm, it is completely inferior to swarms versatility. Swarm can be casted anywhere, it doesnt need a target and it hits all enemies within its path. Based on swarms current status warp strike should be something like this:

Warp Strike
Range: 20/20/25/30
Does 300/500/700/900 dmg to target on entry.
Slows target by 10%/20%/30%/40% for 2 secs. This is for the pause after this skill is executed allowing DA to establish his persuit position.
>>The dmg will now seem like it does something. You are also risking your life with this skill as you are squishy to you'd expect it to be some sort of a threat.

LVL15 - has a 75% chance of doing a 1.5x critical hit.
>>Effectively the same as what it is now but balanced according to its unconditional dmg.

I have a real big issue with DA's AA and im not gonna stop arguing my point till something is done. Either buff his attack dmg or his attack rate. One way this could be done it to add a +5% attack speed for each level of DA's speed passive skill line.

Hes just too dependant in many areas.
- hes mana heavy
- squishy
- weak aa
- slow movement for a character that has no debuffs

to try fill in the gaps and make him a worthy character, theres just too few equip slots to accomodate for these areas he lacks significantly in.

I might even mod him up and test him with what i think he should have (if im able to, that is), coz right now hes just not bringing it!

November 27, 2009 10:52:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes he needs more melee damage and crit power with his passives, but his abilities are FINE(cept for warp aura).

If your comparing his skills to Erebus then ofc Erebus has the better skills, but Erebus is FUCKING OP. He was buffed in the 0-day patch while he was very very good and noone was good enough in the game to understand that.

November 27, 2009 12:57:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Crit build are not effective enough. You can tank ok, but you dont deal alot of damage, because the base AA is too low.

November 27, 2009 6:51:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but Erebus is FUCKING OP

i completely disagree

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000687   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.