Stardock and Gas Powered Games are pleased to announce that Demigod v1.2 is now available for download. The new version includes months worth of improvements based on player feedback and adds a new Demigod to the mix – the Demon Assassin.
Demigod is a real-time strategy game that combines action and role playing elements. In the game, the player takes on the role of a demigod, a single powerful being whose goal is to ascend into the pantheon of the god. The demigod does this by earning favor points with the gods through combat in a series of arenas.
The single player game includes both a skirmish mode as well as a “pantheon mode”. Online, players can choose to play custom games with an endless combination of options set by the host (with new options added in v1.2) or play in the Pantheon in which the players choose to fight for the forces of light or the forces of darkness in an effort to gain enough favor points to allow their side to win.
Demigod multiplayer “epoch 3” is set to begin next week in which player rankings and records from epoch 2 are added to the pantheon vault and new stats begun from scratch.
Here’s what’s new:
New Demigod added: The Demon Assassin.
New AI option in multiplayer: The host can set what the death of an AI player does in terms of how much gold and XP players receive.
New AI option: How much HP do Demigods get by default (very high, high, normal, low).
Modding Manager. Demigod now supports modding. We will be releasing mod samples in the next couple of weeks to get the ball rolling.
Mod System. Mods are treated in the game like options. If all players have a given mod installed and the host of the game has it enabled, it is used in the game.
Fixes to desync issues (thank you to users who sent in data) and other problems reported.
Citadel Upgrade: Graveyard Citadel upgrade: increased bonus to 15/30/50%
Improved Torch Bearer’s attack while moving in fire mode.
Additional improvements in MP to decrease apparent “lag”. Note to players: ping is not the only measurement of connection. Throughput is an important factor as well. For best online performance, disable background tasks that are consuming your bandwidth.
Updated favor items:
Samm-El's Cloak: Buffed cap from 25% to 15%
Dark Crimson Vial: Reduced cast time from 2 to 1 seconds
Staff of the Warmage: Increased mana from 700 to 800
Magical Coin Pouch: Buffed cost reduction from 10% to 15%
Horn of battle effect changed to provide fewer total HP regeneration over a longer period of time.
Hex Scroll: Reduced cost from 500 to 250
Capture Lock: Increased cast time from 1 to 2 seconds
Duelist Cuirass: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2500. Crit chance increased from 5 to 10%.
Gladiator Gloves: Reduced cost from 750 to 450
Theurgist's Cap: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2000
Hungarling's Crown: Reduced cost from 6500 to 5500
Ironwalkers: Reduced cost from 3750 to 2750
Desperate Treads: Reduced cost from 5000 to 4000
Gauntlet's of Despair: Increased mana drain from 200 to 300
Doomspite Grips: Increased weapon damage from 30 to 40
Forest Band: Increased minion armor from 200 to 300
Warlord's Punisher: Unchanged
Ring of the Ancients: Reduced cost from 3500 to 2500
Parasite Egg: Reduced cost from 4000 to 3000
Updated Game mechanics
- Dodge Cap increased from 30% to 40%
- Interrupts will no longer overwrite stuns
- Crit damage calculations fixes
- Item cost modifiers will now affect citidel upgrades properly. Previously, a citidel upgrade would charge a player the modified cost, but would not allow you to buy it until you had the full cost gold available.
- Improved shamblers to be a bit more capable of pursuit.
- Heroes will re-engage their attack target after performing an ability
- Fix for all of TB's Rings of Fire going away after the oldest ones time out.
- Fixes for demigods chasing after old targets at inappropriate times.
- Added support for ignoring players in-game. Supported commands: /ignore /squelch
Queen of Thorns Buffs
- Summon Shambler: Summon Shambler now increases health and damage of Shamblers as you gain new ranks. The values are 5/10/15 damage and 125/250/375 health.
- Entourage: Shamber buff decreased to compensate for Summon Shambler's boost. Damage reduced from 10/20/30 to 6/12/18 damage and 250/500/750 health to 165/330/495.
New Demigods voices are in Engllish.
A second new Demigod, Oculus, will be distributed in the coming weeks.
Videos in slow motion: