The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Mystery Man! New Demigod

Unclean Beast's Awsome Post!

By on November 22, 2009 11:25:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

So, abonding my previous Slither post, i decided to try a new idea for an assassin. This guy uses illusions and manipulation to counter and defeat his enemies. UB and Erebus are going to have to adapt, or be easily killed. There is no way to play mind games with a master of illusion!

Name: Mystery Man, true name unkown (its a mystery!)

Class: Assassin

Alignment: Light

Health: 1500

Mana: 850

Armor: 550

Damage: 130-150

Move Speed: 4.9

Attack Speed: 1.19

Strenghts: Counters Demigods, Hard to Kill

Weaknesses: Difficult to use, No direct Damage

Play Style: Using reflective sheilds, and odd damage sources, this Demigod is defintely fun to play as. He runs around and tricks enemy Demigods, making fake copies of himself, and causing Demigods to miss on attacks. He is hard to use, as he has no direct damage or healin skills, rather temporary passives.

Abilities:

Mirrored Existence: 350/550/800 Mana, .5 Cast Time, 18 CD, Mystery Man creates a copy of himself, with 15/30/45% more Health and Armor than him. It's attacks will deal 50% damage, and this damage will be healed after 5 seconds. Enemy units cannot be killed with this damage, even if their health goes below 0. Clones attacks' will cause enemies to attack 3/5/8% slower for 6/8/10 seconds.

Deadly Reflection: 560/780/900/1200 Mana, .3 Cast Time, 13 CD, Mystery Man manipulates target allies or enemies existance, warping realities effects on their bodies'. Allied units will be healed for 5/15/25/35% of the damage they take, and enemies attacking this Unit will take 10/25/45/60% of the Damage they deal. If this is cast on Enemy units, they will take 5/15/25/35% more damage from all attacks, and Allies attacking this target will be healed for 10/25/45/60% of the Damge they do. This effect lasts 10 seconds.

Odd Luck Charm: 650/800/1050 Mana, .1 CT, 8 CD, Mystery Man creates an odd luck charm on target unit. If they are enemy, they will move 15/25/50% slower, and take 8/12/16% more damage. If they are allied, they will receive 15/25/50% more HPS, and have 10/14/18% more armor. This lasts 15 seconds.

Clover Ward: 150/250 Mana, Mystery Man creates a Clover Ward at target area. These will grant nearby allies +5/8% Move speed and Attack speed, Enemies will have - 8/10% move speed, and have 500/800 reduced armor.

Passives:

Luck of the Irish: Nearby allies will gain +3/5/7% evasion and 2/4/6% critical hit chances. All other chances of allies are increased by 1/2/3%.

Manipulative Master: Whenever an enemy attacks the Mystery Man, there is a 5% chance of him gaining 500 armor, and the enemy losing 350 damage. This will last for 5 seconds.

Riddles of Fortune: Mystery Man gains +8% exp, and 4 income.

Flip of a Coin: Whenever The Mystery man uses an ability, there is an 4/6/8% chance of healing all nearby allies for 150/250/350 Health, or damaging all nearby enemies for 250/450/650.

There my awsome and unique idea is! Hope you guys enjoy it! It may be kinda OP, but hey, that is what 1st drafts are for right? Anyways, tell me what you think, and ill see you tommorow! And remember, don't trust that bastard leperchaun when you see him!

+11 Karma | 11 Replies
November 23, 2009 12:42:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting idea...but,

Mirrored Existence: 350/550/800 Mana, .5 Cast Time, 18 CD, Mystery Man creates a copy of himself, with 15/30/45% more Health and Armor than him. It's attacks will deal 50% damage, and this damage will be healed after 5 seconds. Enemy units cannot be killed with this damage, even if their health goes below 0.

- With the clones having more HP than the actual god, it will be easy to indentify which is which.

- Healed after 5 seconds and can't be killed.......

I like Deadly Reflection though.....

Very unique idea.

November 23, 2009 8:33:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Neilo,
Interesting idea...but,

Mirrored Existence: 350/550/800 Mana, .5 Cast Time, 18 CD, Mystery Man creates a copy of himself, with 15/30/45% more Health and Armor than him. It's attacks will deal 50% damage, and this damage will be healed after 5 seconds. Enemy units cannot be killed with this damage, even if their health goes below 0.

- With the clones having more HP than the actual god, it will be easy to indentify which is which.

- Healed after 5 seconds and can't be killed.......

It means that basicly the damage that your clone deals, is fake, and cant actually affect them, but it forces them to think they are being injured. And, while they will catch on, he has other uses, such as a tower decoy, or a flag capper. Although, he cannot make use of items himself, he acts as a minion.

November 24, 2009 12:10:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmmm ok..i get what your saying...but perhaps it could inflict something else....Perhaps since he is confused after fighting all the clones the enemy could be stunned for 1/3/5 seconds as well?

Oh btw...flip of a coin...nice.

November 24, 2009 12:34:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmmm,,, never thought of it like that! Maybe the clone's attacks could have a debilitating effect, kinda like maim, or maybe an armor reduction? And thanks man, appreciate you commenting! And glad you like flip of a coin

November 24, 2009 1:39:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe the clone's attacks could have a debilitating effect, kinda like maim, or maybe an armor reduction?

Yeah perhaps a movement reduction...or even whilst taking damage from clones att speed is reduced 5/10/15%....

Adds to the lore of the character....

And yes...the coin flip is very cool, it got me thinking about a new favor item that might be do something similar.

November 24, 2009 8:34:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol actually, a favor item kinda triggered this Demigod. I was thinking of an all chance favor item, but then i thoguht,  hey, why not a Demigod?

November 24, 2009 9:10:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
lol actually, a favor item kinda triggered this Demigod. I was thinking of an all chance favor item, but then i thoguht,  hey, why not a Demigod?

I been looking around the lua's to see how this would work, and i think i should be able to do it. Would be a fantastic item i think.

BTW..check out my work so far...(shameless plug)

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369974/#2454716

November 24, 2009 10:36:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I check that out, gj dude!

November 25, 2009 6:46:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks man...with you permission mate, the next favor item i want to do is the flip of a coin. I will of course give you full credit for the idea and i will release it as part of my favor tab mod.

November 25, 2009 9:32:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hell yeah! Lol to have something in a mod that originated from ME is fuckin awsome! Go ahead!

November 25, 2009 11:15:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love how it creates a certain improbability towards how enemy attacks affect him, this fits well with my twisted mind!!! Although I am not a fan of leprecauns, he would be a good partner for Monarch Mistress, lol, play a game against them and you will come out crazy and defeated!

I don't get a good vibe from the chracter's name, some thing else should be there...like "The Chance Keeper, a lucky bastard"

*PM when you want my official review!!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.