The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Entourage Buff Really a Buff???

By on November 22, 2009 10:15:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We all know that shamblers were buffed... KINDA

But I think we all agree the buff was in he chasing fix and all the handling changes. They handle much smoother now. But now entourage just isn't worth it. I found myself getting ground spikes instead of entourage in my CLOSED build just becuase it wasn't worth the points anymore.

I say take what the original entourage was which at level 8 gave 750 health and 30 damage right onto summon shamblers. Then just replace entourage with an ability that supports open build or something. Open QoT is what is suffering Closed QoT isn't. The problem is fixed in my opinion.

An open QoT just doens't have the survivability needed to make an OPEN only build. The hybrid builds focus around using ground spikes as demolition and occassionally taking out a wave of creeps you spend 90% of your time in closed still. And Closed QoT is a very big possibility right now but now you have a choice between entourage or uproot and both of them aren't very useful at this moment in time.

Maybe add a vampire effect and have the skill replace entourage. 5/10/15% of the damage done by abilities and auto attacks is turned into mana and health. (I say mana because it would make it so QoT scales later in the game and doenst need as many mana items and can focus on getting health and damage to offset her late game weakness)

+11 Karma | 49 Replies
November 23, 2009 12:31:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what happened to all the other skills that shouldve been buffed? and lets not forget her stats...

November 23, 2009 3:42:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What if we made a mod for QoT?

Do you think that people would actually use it?

November 23, 2009 4:09:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

some would, but not all.  If enough of us on the forum adopted it, it would probably see inclusion into the actual game.  balance changes would have to be VERY well documented (eg changed X from X to Y)

November 23, 2009 4:56:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
some would, but not all.  If enough of us on the forum adopted it, it would probably see inclusion into the actual game.  balance changes would have to be VERY well documented (eg changed X from X to Y)

I can easily implement entourage into the summon shambler skill.

But what would be best for entourage to be useful?

Xaviors recomended a vampiric effect, which i dont know how to add.

Sigh.... i will try again

November 23, 2009 8:47:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Man morpheas, I am really impressed with how much work you have been putting into modding, especially since you are sort of teaching yourself as you go from what I gather. You make me want to try again, even though I've failed many times with past games   +1 Karma

GL on QoT... I would love her to finally get balanced out seeing as she is my main demi.

November 23, 2009 4:32:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Morpheas if you make a replacement for entourage I will love you forever lol. But seriously I do love how you try so hard to make demigod succeed. Also plus one

November 23, 2009 4:49:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting XaviorsFist,
Morpheas if you make a replacement for entourage I will love you forever lol. But seriously I do love how you try so hard to make demigod succeed. Also plus one

lol thank you!

I am currently trying to implement a vampiric aura to entourage, to replace the useless minion buffs. It is actually a copy paste to Erebus's vempiric aura that he gets at level 15. I made the neccessary changes ofc. If i succeed, then i can make it a unique skill for QoT, which will be a vamp aura for health and mana, but small at entourage 1. then it will increase as u get more skills to entourage.

Ok...first attempt to test it.....fingers crossed.....oh dear this will be an epic fail....i can feel it....

November 23, 2009 4:59:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol hopefully it won't. And if it succeeds as I said I will love you forever. Thats a very nice aura though. It would give Open QoT more of a buff than Closed which is what I wanted.

November 23, 2009 5:02:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok my first attempt was fail.

But i can try again and again and again. Will get to it sometime.

Back to the drawing board....

November 23, 2009 5:40:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am going to need a new name for the entourage replacemnt skill.

I cant keep the name "Entourage" becuase it causes a conflict, with my mod, and the games original skill.

Any ideas?

November 23, 2009 5:56:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Given how everything works, don't you want to overwrite the old Entourage with the new version of Entourage? That way you get to keep all of the support code for entourage (placement in the skill tree, icons, etc).

As an addendum, might I suggest simply buffing Entourage before replacing it with a new skill? As I understand the GPG balance process, they would much rather change the value of a skill rather than replace it entirely. That being said, how does a x4 modifier to all the current values wok?

November 23, 2009 6:16:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,
Given how everything works, don't you want to overwrite the old Entourage with the new version of Entourage? That way you get to keep all of the support code for entourage (placement in the skill tree, icons, etc).

As an addendum, might I suggest simply buffing Entourage before replacing it with a new skill? As I understand the GPG balance process, they would much rather change the value of a skill rather than replace it entirely. That being said, how does a x4 modifier to all the current values wok?

I tried to just add the vampiric effect at start but it didnt work. the original skill in the dgdata.zip file and my modded skill had a big conflict.

In the demigod log file, i saw: "Duplicate skill Entourage I" and then the game crashed when i selected the skill. Which means i needed to find some other way.

November 23, 2009 6:29:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What was the structure of your mod? I just replaced the QoT's summon skill and it seemed to work without problems.

November 23, 2009 6:45:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,
What was the structure of your mod? I just replaced the QoT's summon skill and it seemed to work without problems.

Really? I copy-pasted Erebus's Vampiric Aura and made the neccessary changes ofc, but when i try to load the game it hangs, and never actually loads.

Here is what appears in the log file:

warning: 00:02:50: Error running '/lua/ui/game/gamemain.lua:OnFrame': ...games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\ui\game\hud_casting.lua(81): attempt to loop over local `abilities' (a nil value)
         stack traceback:
          ...games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\ui\game\hud_casting.lua(81): in function `Func'
          ...ock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\system\callback.lua(47): in function `Call'
          ...ck games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua(220): in function <...ck games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\ui\game\gamemain.lua:219>

I hope you can help me somehow, becuase i cant figure out what exactly i am doing wrong here

November 23, 2009 7:09:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

obviously abilities has not been initialized. look for references to "abilities" and where it is set.

November 23, 2009 7:15:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Derog,
insert one line at a time to see where it is happening. could be that its a simple typo and the script throws an error.

I cant insert one line at a time, becuase i am trying to replace her skill.

I modified the files: HQueen_Abilities , HQueen_AIBlueprint , HQueen_SkillLayout , HQueen_unit . and added my skill's name. But it doesnt seem to work for some way. So i am gonna try to just add the vampiric effect to the entourage skill, keeping the shamblers health and damage upgrade.

November 23, 2009 8:19:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can you post mod files for the various things you have tried so we can look at them?

November 23, 2009 8:49:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,
Can you post mod files for the various things you have tried so we can look at them?

Sure! any help is greatly appreciated!

Ok here is my first attempt: In this one i tried to implement erebus's level 15 skill "Vampiric Aura" into entourage, and replace the minion buffs that it gives. I changed its name in order to do that.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zyl5zlulzqz

This is my second attempt where i tried to just overwrite QoT's entourage by keeping its name, in order for the program to use my mod. It launched the game normally, but when i selected the skill, it crashed to desktop. In my first attempt it didnt even launch the game. Look at my other posts for more info.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z0myftzmouo

In my Third attempt i just buffed shamblers Health and damage, and although it works fine, i am not happy because i want something better than a simple buff to shamblers health and dmg. it is so easy anyway that i am not gonna even bother to post it. I just changed the numbers on their HP and dmg. Anyone can do it. But i wish you can help me figure out what is wrong with the vamp effect and "what went wrong" there.

November 23, 2009 9:54:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you guys for being dedicated to this and all. I think shamblers needed more than a buff is the thing. They are fine as is with just the summon shamblers buff that they have. I wanted an ability to make OPEN QoT more viable. Closed QoT easily can stack up to enemy demigods pre level 15 and even up til then I find myself demolishing demigods one on one. It's that I want an open build because all her open build ideas are great but they don't seem to work well with her base stats and stuff so something to make up for that would be great.

Once you get really good at this morpheas maybe you could entirely replace Uproot or make it so it heals allied towres or something. Because that would be absolutely amazing.

November 28, 2009 4:07:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I got it to work thanks to Ptarth who showed me exactly what mistakes i did in the code.

Entourage has now a Life Steal Aura, instead of the minion buffs. This Aura applies to all allies, minions demigods etc.

However, i cant help but think that Open QoT is still not viable unless she gets an open-form exclusive skill that would make it worth going for an open-form build.

I need some suggestions on this matter.

btw the Life steal - Entourage mod is ready, if anyone is interested i can upload it.

November 28, 2009 3:37:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did you upload it Morph... I would really like to try it out.

November 28, 2009 10:12:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sacrificial_Soul,
Did you upload it Morph... I would really like to try it out.

I will upload it soon, but i need some suggestions first.

Entourage I gives 8% Life steal Aura. This Aura applies to all allies.

Entourage II gives 12% Life steal Aura. This Aura applies to all allies.

Entourage III gives 15% Life steal Aura. This Aura applies to all allies.

Now as you can see it no longer gives shambler HP and damage. I can increase the Life steal % or i can make summon shamblers skill to give more HP and damage.

What would you like?

November 28, 2009 10:24:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can u make them cost slithly less and have a faster attack rate?

also with the vampriric effect can u make ground spikes inheret this effect?

November 28, 2009 10:31:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sure, i will try.

November 28, 2009 10:51:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ty.... wheres the code to change demigod stats? for example if i wanted to make fireball have a longer range where would i find the these numbers to change?

i checked the characters folder in the dgdata.zip but there's nothing that says in a selected character that bite lvl 1 deals 250 dmg. can u help me lol?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.