The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] Play as Demon Assassin and Oculus

Play as DA and OC

By on November 21, 2009 7:36:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I replaced Random Assassin and Random General selection functions with a simple return of DA and OC directly.  This mod works becuase HeroUtil.lua was not locked.

Select Random Assasin to play as Demon Assassin.  

Select Random General to play as Oculus.

Download: http://peppe-dg-mods.googlecode.com/files/Random_EQ_New.zip

To play online/multiplayer all players must have the mod extracted to the mod folder correctly.  A common error is to have an extra directory more details below.

How to Install:

Find your demigod install folder and extract the mod to:

Demigod\bindata\mods\

Default path is something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Demigod\bindata\mods

Create mods folder if it doesn't exist, but it should already exist.  You should end up with one 'Random_EQ_New'  folder in your mods folder (if your extraction tool created an extra directory move the files up to the top level Random_EQ_New.  Enable the mod in the mod manager in game and select the random demigod you want to play.

Final Install path should end up:

Demigod\bindata\mods\Random_EQ_New

In that folder you should see a hook folder and the mod_info.lua

To play offline single player you can use the mod above for skirmishes only or edit your registry for tournaments.

Single player option, Registry Edit:

This registry edit will allow playing as DA/OC in single player skirmishes and tournaments.  With this change the icons for the demigods will no longer be grayed out for all offline menues ingame.

Start -> Run -> Regedit.  Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Stardock\Drengin.net\Demigod\DLC

Change the value for 9 and 10 from 0(disabled) to 1 (enabled). 

Credit to ntropy for the regedit if he wants it

+48 Karma | 61 Replies
January 3, 2010 11:09:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

actually I did everything correctly what Peppe said it looks like:Demegod/bindata/mods/Random_EQ_New and I can 't figure out the problem....is there something besides that, that i need to extract??? 

January 3, 2010 12:17:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Random_EQ_New should have mod_info.lua and the hook folder inside it. ( then inside the hook/lua/common there should be HeroUtil.lua )

It should show up in the ingame mod manager then.

January 13, 2010 3:57:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The registry fix is doing nothing for me... All values are 1 and Oculus is still greyed out...

January 13, 2010 4:01:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Update and add your registration, it should work

January 13, 2010 4:06:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nope, nothing. Furthermore, if I change any other to 0, nothing happens again. I don't disable a demigod.

January 13, 2010 4:20:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NM, just checked. The new update makes the game ignore said registry entry altogether.

June 30, 2010 10:18:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I honestly have no idea what i am doing now...

I need help understanding pretty much everything to do with the registry edit thing...

SOMEBODY HELP ME

June 30, 2010 10:58:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting whitemagek,
I honestly have no idea what i am doing now...

I need help understanding pretty much everything to do with the registry edit thing...

SOMEBODY HELP ME

Dude, this is a mod to play as DA and Occulus. This mod was good, back then when Occ and DA werent officially released by Stardock just yet.

With this mod people were able to play these demigods a little sooner than expected.

But then these 2 Demis were released by Stardock, thus making it useless atm.

All in all, you SHOULD be able to play these demis without this mod. Just play an online game, and they should be unlocked automatically for you.

If they dont, then contact support, or talk to someone from Stardock staff here in these forums. Sometimes they respond, even if this isnt a help & support kind of forum.

That would be all.

June 30, 2010 11:21:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks lots sorry havent played in a while

probably should have tried that...

and now i feel stupid

June 30, 2010 11:22:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and i like the emoticons if you couldnt tell

June 30, 2010 12:53:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah well, everyone makes mistakes.

Its ok mate

That would be all.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.