The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Queen of Thorns BUFFED WITH 1.2 PATCH !!!

By on November 20, 2009 7:38:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Aroddo

Join Date 04/2009
+59

Shamblers with entourage now deal ONE POINT EXTRA DAMAGE for each rank!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH, TAKE THAT, UNCLEAN BEAST !

Locked Post 19 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 20, 2009 7:43:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ugh I hate when they over-buff those weak demigods!

November 20, 2009 8:55:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL, you are assuming anyone in their right mind used to take Shamblers IV.

I dunno if 3 extra points of damage and being forced into taking Shamblers IV can be considered a buff.

November 20, 2009 8:59:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I too don't see how this is in anyway an over-buff. She's functional now. Very enjoyable to play.

Imho, of course.

November 20, 2009 10:09:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting bearblue,
I too don't see how this is in anyway an over-buff. She's functional now. Very enjoyable to play.

Imho, of course.

I think you have missed the sarcasm. She is not more playable with shamblers now, she is far worse off trying a shambler build.

November 20, 2009 10:26:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
LOL, you are assuming anyone in their right mind used to take Shamblers IV.

I dunno if 3 extra points of damage and being forced into taking Shamblers IV can be considered a buff.

+1

It's an early game buff but a late game nerf.  Shamblers IV is beyond useless.

November 20, 2009 11:08:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting bearblue,

Imho, of course.
it just went over your head.

November 21, 2009 2:39:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, I agree that the QoT wasn't buffed as much (or any) as I would like, however the patch did fix the shambler targetting issues. They now will pursue and engage targets instead of just standing around.

November 21, 2009 7:46:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Holy, this buff will change everything ! ! ! *sarcasm off*

November 21, 2009 9:25:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSzEf--cIWs

November 21, 2009 12:46:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The buff basically gave shamblers 200 extra health for getting entourage and summon shamblers. Just do away with entourage please and replace it.

No need to make a questionable skill now even more questionable. You almost need it for shamblers but for 3 skill points it is hardly worth it.

November 21, 2009 2:10:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shamblers got a massive damage increase this patch, assuming they work correcly (I haven't played QoT yet).

Anyone who played QoT at all previously knew damn well that they couldn't even correctly engage stationary and moving targets. If your target weren't sittign on top of you melee'ing the shit out of you, your only damage was coming from autoattack and idols.

So it's more than a bit dishonest to say that shambler damage increased by only 1 point, or to say that QoT was outright nerfed.

November 21, 2009 2:14:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Either way the "buff" has done nothing to her - she is still the weakest DG imo.

November 21, 2009 2:45:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,
Shamblers got a massive damage increase this patch, assuming they work correcly (I haven't played QoT yet).

Anyone who played QoT at all previously knew damn well that they couldn't even correctly engage stationary and moving targets. If your target weren't sittign on top of you melee'ing the shit out of you, your only damage was coming from autoattack and idols.

So it's more than a bit dishonest to say that shambler damage increased by only 1 point, or to say that QoT was outright nerfed.

I'm a little dissappointed at the buff she received since its very build specific where you'd actually get a benefit.  I've been experimenting with a HoB Shambler Shield build thats promising, since her main buff is that shamblers targeting has been fixed as far as I can see.

However, imo she is still by far the lowest on the ladder... unless Oculus sucks worse?

November 21, 2009 2:58:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,
Either way the "buff" has done nothing to her - she is still the weakest DG imo.
So? I'm not saying you shouldn't make helpful posts about how she's too weak.

Posting about how shamblers didn't receive a buff isn't insightful or helpful if you want Qot to be fixed, it just shows that no one here played her enough to understand her most basic problem, if I were a dev this would be a red flag thread directing me away from these people's 'feedback.'

I agree she's almost definitely still too weak, but let's try to be a bit more directed with our feedback.

November 21, 2009 4:43:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,

Quoting DalzK,
reply 12
So? I'm not saying you shouldn't make helpful posts about how she's too weak.

Posting about how shamblers didn't receive a buff isn't insightful or helpful if you want Qot to be fixed, it just shows that no one here played her enough to understand her most basic problem, if I were a dev this would be a red flag thread directing me away from these people's 'feedback.'

I agree she's almost definitely still too weak, but let's try to be a bit more directed with our feedback.

Didn't you just state in your previous post that you haven't played her in 1.2 yet?  How would you know whether the targeting issues have been resolved or if she has been improved significantly?

I think people are just stating that the only balance change to QoT (rather than bug change) is negligible.

November 21, 2009 4:52:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hmm... I prefer the Queen of Thorns with some buff, but not too buff.  Don't want her to have man-arms or anything.

(okay.... not helpful. sorry.)

November 21, 2009 6:34:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Didn't you just state in your previous post that you haven't played her in 1.2 yet?  How would you know whether the targeting issues have been resolved or if she has been improved significantly?

I think people are just stating that the only balance change to QoT (rather than bug change) is negligible.

Bug fixes are oftentimes more important from a balance perspective than specific, intentional balance changes.

November 21, 2009 6:50:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also the shamblers target and pursue fine now, as I suspected.

November 30, 2009 1:24:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

she's better than before if you don't take entourage. but if you do take entourage, the numeric buff is a joke.

i wonder if the improvements to the shamblers' combat routine is helping her become competetive.

PS: I don't need anyone to tell me that she already was competetive, so don't waste your breath.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time: