The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The New Demigod's "Availability"

By on November 20, 2009 7:24:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. What I've understood you can get the new Demigods and play them online if you happen to get invited by an Stardock or GPG employee who add them to your account. Is that correct or can only SD/GPG test them?

2. Currently AI can pick the new demis in single player mode. Why can't players do that to? That would enable players to help beta testing them without ruining something online.

Would be great if SD could answer these questions. Especially with Q1 I feel that we have been given some quite confusing information (or I just haven't read it thoroghly enough).

+10 Karma | 42 Replies
November 20, 2009 7:33:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2. Currently AI can pick the new demis in single player mode. Why can't players do that to? That would enable players to help beta testing them without ruining something online.
Stardock wants to test the new Demigods first. In the first phase only they can play it, then some RTP users and then everyone will be able to play them. During that time, every player can play against/alongside them (which naturally includes the AI).

November 20, 2009 9:25:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can we at least get to play/test them in single player mode only, and maybe later have them unlocked to be played in online mode?

November 20, 2009 9:27:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Izuz,
Can we at least get to play/test them in single player mode only, and maybe later have them unlocked to be played in online mode?

^^this

November 20, 2009 10:17:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Izuz,

idk why this wasnt implemented to be honest, but i trust GPG and SD they have no reason to be evil so im sure there is a reason

November 20, 2009 10:23:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree. Stardock should at least make them available in Single player.

November 20, 2009 10:56:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Getting them to work in singleplayer is very very easy. Every admin can do it.

November 20, 2009 11:05:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ntropy,

Well if u could tell us how, we would appreciate it....

November 20, 2009 11:08:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://www.box.net/shared/o9lv4ct2am

done

November 20, 2009 11:13:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't think SD would like that and I gave you a very good hint already.

Single and Multiplayer are handled differently btw. I banged my head into the wall after finding out how easy the SP fix is. The multiplayer compares some random memory locations, which I don't really know what they are unfortunatly. The new dgs will also likely be out before I figure it out.

November 21, 2009 12:52:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They probably do not want to sour your experience with not fully balanced DG's.  Either they are too strong and get balanced down and you hoot and holler about it or they start out too week and then you rage for the opposite reason.

November 21, 2009 1:12:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DA is a bit too strong and Occ is a bit too weak right now. That's my point on this.

November 21, 2009 1:52:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ntropy,

I'm sure SD knew they would be unlocked via mods, don't know why that would make them unhappy. You gotta tell us unenlighted souls out to unlock these demigods in single player.

November 21, 2009 2:16:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They randomly appear in online multiplayer when you join a lobby if the host has it

November 21, 2009 2:27:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im having issues with trying to install r2p.

b4 it tries to install i get a pop up saying "Problem with XML. Application file list not found (ready2play)".

can anyone help?

November 21, 2009 4:53:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
im having issues with trying to install r2p.

b4 it tries to install i get a pop up saying "Problem with XML. Application file list not found (ready2play)".

can anyone help?

Try keeping on topic here. I'm sure people want to help, in the RTP forum

As I said earlier, enable them in single player. That would also stop a bit of the "rush" when they are released when everybody want to try them online but only 4 ppl per game can.

November 21, 2009 5:51:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ha.

November 21, 2009 1:08:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes we need it to be enabled in single player. It wouldn't cause balancing issues and people would still play online.

November 21, 2009 1:21:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting IntentionallyLeftBlank,

done

Well, I downloaded the mod linked by IntentionallyLeftBlank and it works. Just download the file he linked. Unrar it and place the folder (it's called "Queen and Oak") in your mod folder which you'll find under Demingod/bindata/mods. Then enable it in the Mod Manager. The mod allows you to play as the Demon Assassin when you select the Queen of Thorns and as Oculus when you select Oak. Been having with it all morning.

November 21, 2009 1:32:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lebriar,

Quoting IntentionallyLeftBlank,
reply 8

done

Well, I downloaded the mod linked by IntentionallyLeftBlank and it works. Just download the file he linked. Unrar it and place the folder (it's called "Queen and Oak") in your mod folder which you'll find under Demingod/bindata/mods. Then enable it in the Mod Manager. The mod allows you to play as the Demon Assassin when you select the Queen of Thorns and as Oculus when you select Oak. Been having with it all morning.

Lol nice

November 21, 2009 1:41:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh...I thought it was just a bad link, didn't know you picked QoT to play as Demon .Assassin

November 21, 2009 1:44:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lebriar,

Quoting IntentionallyLeftBlank, reply 8http://www.box.net/shared/o9lv4ct2am

done

I used this last night. It is very similar to something I was working on, and is an extremely crude, albeit effective way to use the new demigods. Basically it just replaces QoT files with DAs, and Oaks with Occulus. This causes a couple problems. The smaller of which is that the game still thinks you are QoT/Oak. Meaning any achievements go towards them, and since for example QoT does not have an achievement for swapping places with DGs, you don't get any credit.

The big problem is that this mod is not entirely complete. QoT and Oak do not replace DA/Occ. So, while using this mod, QoT and Oak are basically not available, and DA/Occ are twice as likely as normal to be picked by random, and DA can be picked by random general.

Ohh, it also generates a large amount of warnings in the log due to duplicate meshes, skills, etc.

Hopefully a better solution is found soon.

November 21, 2009 2:58:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You dont need a mod to play DA or Oculus, omg ,guys its so easy...

November 21, 2009 3:05:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Fil26,

Can you please tell us then? Pretty please? Pretty pretty please?

November 21, 2009 3:15:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hes being sarcastic,  i just played Demon Assasin in skirmish he is really fun!

November 21, 2009 3:17:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Fil26,
If it's so damn easy than spit it out or stfu about it. It ignores the hell out of me when people do stupid shit like this.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.