The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Big Sound Error

By on November 20, 2009 5:34:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm having a massive sound issue with the new update. The voiceover sounds are completely random. I mean I went to select QoT and heard regulus talking and so on. Becomes very annoying when you start clicking places and it says stuff like "THE FORCES OF DARKNESS CONTROL THE MAP" and you are 20 seconds into the game. Is anyone else having this problem.

The other problem I'm having is the icons while in the lobby for the new demigods appear in bright neon colors to me. Stuff like neon orange and pinks. Yet in game I have no issue.

Sorry if these have already been posted. Great job on demigod ideas. DA and Oculus are really good. Expecially for their AI.

+11 Karma | 13 Replies
November 20, 2009 6:33:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I too have this....i thought it was funny when as Oak i heard TB's Ice ice baby...then it was obvious it was randomly choosing sound bytes from all the characters, no matter who i was playing with.

Instead of "THE FORCES OF DARKNESS CONTROL THE MAP" after about 10 seconds of playing i got "our citadel is under attack".

And i too see the Da and Oc in a bright glow effect.

I verified my DG install in impulse but it was fine.

Thoughts?

November 20, 2009 7:15:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same for me!!! lmao

November 20, 2009 8:29:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I havnt noticed this yet. Make sure to note if you are using mods as some else has reported a sound issue when the TB-fix mod was enabled. Being such a new feature its possible this build is bugged so all mods are glitched.

November 20, 2009 8:58:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My uh, Unclean Beast is saying some really sultry things, kind of like the things from QoT.  All kinds of weird sounds everywhere.  Anyways, no mods, no changes made to anything.  One minute everything was working well, the next, weird noises right after the update.

November 20, 2009 9:12:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Repost

November 20, 2009 9:13:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Make sure to note if you are using mods as some else has reported a sound issue when the TB-fix mod was enabled. Being such a new feature its possible this build is bugged so all mods are glitched.

Nope,  no mods, vanilla game in all modes.

From the lack of responses this is not a community wide issue. Is there perhaps a common element that all us share....?

I have Vista 64bit Q6600, Nvidia 8800gts and latest sound and video drivers.

My inpluse did error during update, i had to reset data and restart the pc, then it updated fine.

November 20, 2009 9:15:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No error with the update, Using Vista 64 Bit, Q6600, ATI Radeon 5850, Creative SB X-Fi.

And of course, Vanilla with no problems before hand.

November 21, 2009 12:47:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Neilo,

Make sure to note if you are using mods as some else has reported a sound issue when the TB-fix mod was enabled. Being such a new feature its possible this build is bugged so all mods are glitched.

Nope,  no mods, vanilla game in all modes.

From the lack of responses this is not a community wide issue. Is there perhaps a common element that all us share....?

I have Vista 64bit Q6600, Nvidia 8800gts and latest sound and video drivers.

My inpluse did error during update, i had to reset data and restart the pc, then it updated fine.

I have the same video card. Maybe that is it. I'm also using Vista.

November 21, 2009 1:19:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I fixed it. In your demigod files under program files and stardock games there is something called dem_loc_update and if you run that it will fix it in seconds. All my sound was back to normal everything.

For my computer it was under C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Demigod. It is an application type program and shouldn't be hidden at all.

November 21, 2009 3:33:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Won't work for me. Says i do not have the right permissions, even thought i took ownership of both dem?loc?update and the en_voice.exe.

I guess i'll just uninstall and reinstall the game.

November 21, 2009 4:34:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I didn't get a chance to try what Xaviors said, but I can confirm that uninstalling and reinstalling does indeed work.  And you get to keep all your favor points in single player mode as well.

November 21, 2009 7:26:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I reinstalled and it still did not work, but then it dawned on me to try disabling my AV suite.

Running the dem_loc_update.exe then worked like a charm.

I guess my AV was blocking the permissions to run the file.

January 3, 2010 9:04:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It doesn't work with me!

I tried to close AVG and disabled Windows firewall. I can run dem_loc_update.exe but nothing happens to the game.

Can anyone help me please?

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.