The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Self proclaimed Pro's Favor Whore's

By on November 19, 2009 12:22:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

FYI when I host a game it has High Towers and Favor off.  All you so called pro's who come into my game and whine about the settings go somewhere else that is why I hosted ( I pick the rules I did host the game why did you join my game and tell me to change the game I want to play). If you so called experts can't play this game without your precious favor item.  Then you are not that good.  You are just using an item that you are exploiting.

+12 Karma | 17 Replies
November 19, 2009 12:31:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exploiting an item?

Right. Okay. Moving on.

November 19, 2009 12:39:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can sympathize with HorseRadish here. Sometimes people even join a game that is titled "5v5" and immediately demand a 3v3...

November 19, 2009 12:43:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whenever I play chess, I insist that we remove the queens from the board. Only n00bs use her. My opponents find that all of their fancy strategies go out the window whenever she's removed from the game.

When you alter the rules of the game, you change the dynamics which changes the optimal strategy. Most players don't play games without favor items, so it gives you an advantage over them.

November 19, 2009 12:45:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Then they can leave the game and host their own.

But taking out a part of the game and calling people noobs for not having it... right.

November 19, 2009 12:50:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,
Then they can leave the game and host their own.

But taking out a part of the game and calling people noobs for not having it... right.

When you join my game and my rules that I hosted and whine precious isn't available!!  I don't want to hear it!!!  I hosted the game.  If you think your 80% win percentage can take a loss stay but then again. You whined and left cause you know the whooping you were going to recieve. (Not directed at Poly, Just the so called good players who were afraid to stay in the game last night)

November 19, 2009 12:58:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with go host your own game if you don't like it.

But people are not noobs for using favor items.

November 19, 2009 1:00:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseRadish,

Quoting Polynomial, reply 4Then they can leave the game and host their own.

When you join my game and my rules that I hosted and whine precious isn't available!!  I don't want to hear it!!!  I hosted the game.  If you think your 80% win percentage can take a loss stay but then again. You whined and left cause you know the whooping you were going to recieve. (Not directed at Poly, Just the so called good players who were afraid to stay in the game last night)

In other words, if you can't play with that advantage over them htan they should leave; your just whining your damn self.

November 19, 2009 1:01:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe you should go noob bashing cause they don't have any good favor choices and I gave them a game they were'nt at a favor  disadvantage. Just a knowledge or skill disadvantage. Which can be taught in game. But since your statements  obviously fall into the latter Noob Favor Whore Poly that is what I will classify you from now on.

November 19, 2009 1:05:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So you're suggesting we remove favor items period.

November 19, 2009 1:06:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HorseRadish: why do you attack Poly and basically generally people who like to use favor items? I thought you want to address this thread at people who demand to change the game settings of your game...

November 19, 2009 1:10:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This guy is hilarious so since people use favor items than they are noobs? I guess players that use strategy are noobs also? No let’s not stop there because players who also use UB, LE, and Rook should also be consider noobs because these are literally the three easiest demigods to play.

November 19, 2009 1:17:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,
HorseRadish: why do you attack Poly and basically generally people who like to use favor items? I thought you want to address this thread at people who demand to change the game settings of your game...

It was first directed at people who want me to change my game settings.  Which just irritates me to no end. Go host your own game then with setting you want but don't whine. When I had two people on my team with under 15 games played and they both said they didn't have any good favor items. So I said No problem I can play without Favor.  Then a couple of experienced players come in and join other team both +200 games played and whine about the settings.  If they were any good they would have beaten us badly. But they were both afraid to play without their precious favor item. I took my frustration out on Poly since he was here defending them. Which I guess I owe him an apology for!!!

November 19, 2009 1:37:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, back when favor didn't work, and people kept losing it, I'd host games with no favor items.  It seemed fair.  But at this point, I think they are an integral part of the game, and the enjoyment thereof. it *sucks* that new players don't get to use them, and I think it makes sense for 'new player' games to turn them off. But I can respect that joining a game, and then finding out you aren't playing the full game, is annoying.

Though, I also agree that if you don't like the hosts settings enough, you should leave.  I'll politely ask the host to change if he does something obnoxious (like starting at level 20) but if that is just the game they want to play, might as well leave.

November 19, 2009 1:39:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Self proclaimed Pro's Favor Whore's
This isn't how to pluralize, and why do you have pro, favor, and whore capitalized?

November 19, 2009 2:05:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the whor... eh whole part.

November 19, 2009 2:30:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you so called experts can't play this game without your precious favor item. Then you are not that good. You are just using an item that you are exploiting.

If you can't play the game with people using favor items.  Then you are not that good.  You are just unable to strategize.

I doubt the people you are referring to "whined" but rather attempted to reason with you.  You're changing from the "standard."

You also sound like a whiny bitch by saying "I LIEK TO PLAY MY WAY AND IF U DONT LIEK IT GTFO.  THE REASON YOU DONT LIEK IT IS BCUZ U SUCK AND HAVE NO SKILL"  what are you 12?  People who would rather play the standard settings in this game are exploiting noobs?  Weird, I could have sworn it was the people who made random settings and learned to play well with those settings so they could take advantage of the vast majority of players who have no experience under those settings were the people exploiting noobs.

In closing, you are the reason behind everything bad in the world.  Please die.

November 19, 2009 2:56:02 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If I join a 4v4 game that someone is hosting and immediately ask them to play a 2v2, the words learn to read come to mind.  If I join a game called 4v4 NO FAVOR and I ask the host to add favor, the words learn to read come to mind.  If I notice non default settings in a game I joined that didn't indicate non default settings, I see no problem in asking if the host is ok with defaults.  Then I can simply leave the game if the host doesn't want to make a change.  No real harm in asking if its not declared in the game title, IMO. 

Not sure what behavior caused you to want to want to make this post, though.  A screenshot might at least explain what you are on about... all I can figure is that you are pissed off...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.