The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

R2P Framework

Not working

By on November 17, 2009 12:21:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks like R2P now requires NET Framework 3.5 which isent compatable with my version of XP.

Now it wont work. =/  Woe is me.

+8 Karma | 12 Replies
November 17, 2009 12:31:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Works fine with my XP.

November 17, 2009 6:31:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Then why dont you install framework 3.5?

November 17, 2009 10:15:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NET Framework 3.5 which isent compatable with my version of XP.

Cause I can't

November 17, 2009 10:21:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HappyWulf,

quoting post
NET Framework 3.5 which isent compatable with my version of XP.

Cause I can't

Hmmm correct me if im wrong but isnt Framwork 3.5 compatible with all versions of XP?

Also what version you have?

November 17, 2009 10:22:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Running retail without service packs or something? 3.5 should work fine on any updated copy of XP.

November 17, 2009 10:25:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HappyWulf,
Cause I can't
What error do you get when installing .NET 3.5?

November 17, 2009 10:55:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

a bit offtopic, but when  firt time tried to install .net 3.2 the installer showed the error:

cannot continue installing due to the follwoing process blocking something: process was the installer itself.

i needed an half hour to stop loughing.

November 17, 2009 3:26:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

.net 3.2?

Interesting.

Also, .net 3.5 should run on any up to date XP installation.  Really, upgrading to .net 3.5 is not unreasonable.  There is a lot of fantastic functionality added in it, specifically functionality that make applications like R2P much easier to write and maintain.  Also, .Net 4 is right around the corner (with more really cool functionality added.)

If you're using some hacked version of XP where you cannot update, then I doubt many will feel much sympathy.

November 17, 2009 4:39:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bit offtopic, but when firt time tried to install .net 3.2 the installer showed the error:

There isnt any 3.2 net framework.

only 3.0 and 3.5....

November 17, 2009 4:51:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah what ever it was... it was an update once. does it matter what version it was? just told a funny story i had with it. after third try it finally worked.

November 17, 2009 4:55:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyway, HappyWulf, you can install Framework 3.5 and R2P will work.

If you are having problems with Net Framework you should contact Microsoft.

Why did you make a thread here?

November 18, 2009 3:56:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting HappyWulf,
Cause I can't

Can't?  Or won't?  The only reason I could think of is that you are running a...  *ahem*...  "non-standard" copy of Windows.  There may be another reason out there, but we won't know how to help you unless you give us more information.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.