The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Intersting Citadel Upgrades

By on November 16, 2009 10:59:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

So while i was responding to a couple of posts, i suddenly struck some really intersting ideas for Citadel upgrades, mainly regarding Creeps. Some of them may need to nerfed or completely trashed, but they should all be taken into account. Anyways though hope they catch ur interest, and plz sign if you agree with these ideas!

Signed, Unclean Beast, your community Badass

These are my new creep ideas! First of is one that is totaly weird, but could help people who are easily UP in a match, get that gold to catch up!

Mining: 2,400 Gold, Gives you A gold mine, a small building with a large mound of gold, near your Portal Flags (yes all of them). Two miners will be created at these mines. Miners will produce 14 gold a strike, and strike slowly. There will be infinite gold at these mines, and enemies that capture your mines, will steal them only if they have mining also.

So it is an intersting idea right? I mean currency is good but, its not good enough. Here is what i think about for currency to make gold investng more worth while...

Curreny also gives at a max 60% more gold per kill. I think this could really help those in need of gold, but can't afford farming. Already rich DG's could use this to take you down also so be ready...

Hell Riders: 4,200 Gold, (Can be taken instead of cata's) this will spawn 4 Hell Riders per wave. Hell Riders are highly mobile ground troops mounted on flaming horses. They have Meduim stats, and when they first enter combat, they will charge forward, dealing tons o' damage and throwing smaller enemies into the air! Perfect for creep control.

Enigneers: 8,300, Gives 3 engineers to your portal waves. These units will automaticly repair your damaged buildings. They have very low stats.

Drakes: 2,800, Can be taken in place of Angels, These beasts have low defensive stats, but great AS/DMG, and their attacks slow enemies MS. They could be great at taking down Demigods, for shredding through basic creeps.

Collossi: 6,400 gold, Can be taken in place of Giants, One of these will be spawned per portal wave. They have epic stats, but are very slow moving and attacking. They are double the size of giants. They will atuomaticly spawn additional troops each portal wave. The number of bonus creeps they produce depends on the number of flags you control.

Magi: 1,800 gold, can be taken in place of preists. 3 of these creeps will be spawned per portal wave. They will restore mana instead of HP, and have much better range DMG, but are much weaker in defense.

Butchers: 8,300 gold, can be taken in place of Enigneers. These units have a base DMG of 260, slow AS/MS and High HP, and decent armor. Their attacks will heal nearby allies for 45% of the damage they deal. If they kill a unit, they will heal nearby units for 25% bonus hp.

So those are my ideas for new creeps. The prices may be off, and tell me to change them if they are. I also have some ideas regarding current creeps, and what effects they should have. I have an upgrade idea for that small problem, and this should make each and every creep count for much more!

Divine Capacity: Gold each rank(r1=900, r2=1800), The first rank will increase the Divine Capicity of your basic soldiers by a tiny amount. Their stats will grow by 1% per each other allied Solidier present. The next ranks will allow angels to Ressurect units, and heal others on death. Catapults will Deal bonus Dmg over time, and giants' attacks will be splash and slow MS/AS of enemies.

Honor Training: 4000 Gold, Increases your creeps' Move Speed and Attack speed by 25%.

Okay, so there are my creep ideas, and here are some General Defense ideas, and i hope you guys like em'!

Flame Pits: 4000 gold, adds several fire pits around your base and your portals. These will activate if any enemies stay on them for more than 4 seconds, and will deal 350 damage initialy, and an additional 500 over 5 seconds. Enemies effected will have  45% less armor for 5 seconds. This will be in splash.

Ice Pits: 3500 gold, adds several ice pits around you towers and structures. If an enemy comes near, it will activate, dealing 350 damage, and slowing their AS/MS by 30% for 10 seconds.

Gattling-Arrow Towers: 5100 Gold, adds Gattling-Arrow Towers to your base. These are super fast shooting towers, and have a very short range. Each arrow that hits an enemy will reduce armor by 3. They will have a base damage of 15 per shot.

Monolith of Fear: 3600 Gold, adds a monolith of Fear to your base. this structure has no damage, but instead will reduce enemies MS/DMG by 60% for 12 seconds.

Teleportation Glyph: 4100 gold, Adds several Teleportation Glyphs to your base. If you stand one of these for 1.5 seconds, you will be able to teleport to any allied structure or flag for free.

Army of Theives: 1,350 gold, whenever your creeps kill an enemy creep, you will gain 1 gold.

Aritllery Cannons: 2400 Gold, Adds several Artillery Cannons to your base. These have a super long range, and great damage and massive aoe. They are slow shooting, and easily killed.

Runes of Restoration: 1200 gold, adds several runes of restoration to you flags. If the flag is capped, the rune will go inactive, unless the enemy has this too. These will heal you by 20% whenever you come in range. They heal one every 60 seconds.

Glyphs of Bonding: 200 Gold, allows Runes of Restoration to Heal 50% of your health, 35% of your mana and they will purge negitive effects.

Shock Wave Tower: 3200 Gold, adds a Shock Wave Tower to your citadel. This will activate whenever enemies come in range. It will deal 350 damage to all Demigods and stun them for 3 seconds, and will deal 1200 damage to creeps. This is in a massive 360 degree AOE. This tower has a 45 seconds CD.

Bone Shattering Waves: 360 Gold, allows Shock Wave Towers' attacks to deal an extra 350 damage to Demigods and creeps. It also adds a 30% slow and armor reduction effect for 15 seconds.

Structural Capabilities: 450 Gold, Increases your structures attack range by 10% and attack speed by 15%.

Tesla Tower: 2500 Gold, Adds several Tesla Towers to your bases' defenses. These towers have an attack that bounces of mutiple targets, each target will increase the damage by 10%. It can bounce off of a maximum of 8 targets. It's attacks can be sent through towers of light (they will attack using them, like the tower reflects it). These towers have a base damage of 125, low defense, and long range, 15 CD.

Barracks: 1200 Gold, Increases the amount of creeps your portals summon by 2 (for each creep type).

So there are my awsome ideas! i will have many more soon, so be sure to keep on checkin this post out! And remember to sign and check out  my book of awsome! I hope these ideas are interesting, and worth your time. They sounded great to me, but you guys may find some flaws. Plz sign off if you agree with these, and give feedback!

+11 Karma | 17 Replies
November 16, 2009 11:24:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Resurect 10.000 This option will bring back all your destroyed towers. I would be interesting option for endgame - whether to get units or save for artefacts or resurection of towers.

Inflame 2.000 gives towers second attack which damages units and demigods over time (something like ub spit)max 500 damage to demigod.

Inflame 5.000 gives towers second attack which damages units and demigods over time (something like ub spit)max 1000

Inflame 8.000 gives towers second attack which damages units and demigods over time (something like ub spit)max 2500

November 16, 2009 11:49:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm interesting ideas, and thanks for postin!

November 17, 2009 12:55:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shock Wave Tower: 3200 Gold, adds a Shock Wave Tower to your citadel. This will activate whenever enemies come in range. It will deal 350 damage to all Demigods and stun them for 3 seconds, and will deal 1200 damage to creeps. This is in a massive 360 degree AOE.

Bone Shattering Waves: 360 Gold, allows Shock Wave Towers' attacks to deal an extra 350 damage to Demigods and creeps. It also adds a 30% slow and armor reduction effect for 15 seconds

whats the cooldown? should be like 45-60 sec or it would be OP.

its cools to see other options for end game than giants/catas or artefacts. it will also have big impact mid game. i love it.

November 17, 2009 11:58:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i like your ideas

However, some of them are OP, and some of them are unappropriate.

November 17, 2009 12:09:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bad idea. what do you want? eliminating any minion build out of the game? comon... your lack of competence playing a strategy to conter want's you now to rome all what you don't know to handle?

November 17, 2009 12:26:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I reckon the Army of Theives is too expensive and that the gattling towers and pits are OP for the price

Interesting ideas though

November 17, 2009 12:50:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bad idea. what do you want? eliminating any minion build out of the game? comon... your lack of competence playing a strategy to conter want's you now to rome all what you don't know to handle?

he he.. 

I know all his ideas can completely change the game, and probably none of them will be add to game anyway, but ideas are generaly good (if it was another, similar type of new game, they would all be awesome ideas to incorporate). Right now, some of ideas could be considered to put in, but most of ppl must agree first. I gave my vote that ideas are good, inovative, and if we add one, two or three ideas it wont hurt game, it could actually help the game with new cool content.

November 17, 2009 8:50:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Bobek_XY,

he he.. 

I know all his ideas can completely change the game, and probably none of them will be add to game anyway, but ideas are generaly good (if it was another, similar type of new game, they would all be awesome ideas to incorporate). Right now, some of ideas could be considered to put in, but most of ppl must agree first. I gave my vote that ideas are good, inovative, and if we add one, two or three ideas it wont hurt game, it could actually help the game with new cool content.

But ofcourse they will. Once modding gets out only thing stopping you is your imagination and amount of work u want to put  in

November 17, 2009 8:55:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Runes of Restoration: 800 gold, adds several runes of restoration to you flags. If the flag is capped, the rune will go inactive, unless the enemy has this too. These will heal you by 20% whenever you come in range. They heal one every 20 seconds.

I would say 60 sec on that one. Else u stay there for 2 creep vawes  and get almost 1/2 of your hp. They are too cheap too. Should be price like bishops -2400. well thats only my sugestion.

November 17, 2009 9:07:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow lol, thanks for postin guys! Lovin the positive feedback, and yes, i will change most of the upgrades around. I will also add some of your ideas irek, thanks for postin, and i hope they bring out modding soon too...

November 17, 2009 10:36:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy's protection 10.000 Frogboy himslef decided that you cause is right.  Every 45 seconds he will send ban hammer to struck enemy who attacks your buildings (something like heavens wrath). The ban hamer (aka hand of frogboy) wil deal 800 dmg to enemy demigods in small radius(radius of rook putting tower), in large radius it knockback enemies and cause silence for 5 seconds. it will also deal 800 dmg to creeps in large radius (radius of beast spit)

November 17, 2009 10:50:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol, thanks again irek, lol. I may find a way of incorperating that idea soon.... thanks for postin!

November 18, 2009 11:45:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have added some new ideas, and have reworked a couple

November 19, 2009 1:42:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Barracks -Very nice idea. I hope you can build more then one barrack. everytime you would build one the price might increase by 20%

Tesla Tower-What you think about that tesla tower would be improvment/replacment to light towers. that would cause chaining of those towers to cause more damage. Also having more towers would increase the boucing effect (lets say 1 extra target per each tower)

Honor Training-Overall good idea. in my opinion dosnt need changing.

I got one too

Builders - creates wagon like unit  that can set light tower, archer tower anywhere on the map. This unit is easy to destroy and slow moving, thats why needs to be protected to reach its target and during building process (lenght of the process depends on the tower chosen=archer tower takes more time then light tower). After every sucessfull construction builders next created tower have +10% dmg and hp increase (evertime they build tower, next towers they build are more stronger, thats why it is important to keep this unit alive as long as possible) Costs 2500, every next costs +40%. can have one activated at the time

Master builders - this builders are unlocked at warrank 8, they can create forts. After 5 forts created succesfully they are able to create healing crystal that heals only your team but can be destroyed. Even more slower then regular builders. Costs 5000. every next cost +40%. can have one activated at the time

I think my previus replay about skill inflame should affect forts only- that way they will be much more important

November 19, 2009 2:27:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Signed, Unclean Beast, your community Badass

Bahahaha!

November 19, 2009 4:23:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After looking hard I think mining needs an increase in price or a decrease in its kill bonus otherwise that UB with Journeymens Treads and an Ashkandor is going to rape you

And ironically enough although Hell Riders are expensive I think they might be a bit too powerful... However they would look very cool

Finally Bone Shattering wave needs a price increase

Oh and make sure you dont buff Giants at all. They are strong enough as they are

November 19, 2009 8:50:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for positive feedback guys I will fix those upgrades, and proly add in a variation of irek's idea.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.