The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

how does /serverproxyonly switch work?

I seem to get varying results

By on November 13, 2009 12:47:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've permanently put this in my shortcut, but I would love to understand how this works.  I find that I end up having direct connections even when the switch is on...

Either I'm doing something wrong, or I don't understand how it should work (or both ). 

Should i expect that with this switch ALL connections I have are (proxied) connections?  Because that's not what I see.

Thanks,

ThanatosESC

+1 Karma | 3 Replies
November 13, 2009 1:17:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it's

/serverproxyonly

November 13, 2009 3:00:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sorry I was writing it from memory.  I do have the correct syntax on my shortcut.   I probably should have mentioned that.

November 13, 2009 7:11:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah ok. Well, I think with /serverproxyonly the game and ImpulseReactor will first try a direct connection and if that doesn't work it will proxy your connection instead of trying a NAT punch through. I am not sure though, maybe it should always proxy.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.