The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Crazy Idea - Dual Favor Items!

By on November 11, 2009 10:07:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Increasing the amount of favor items you can use from 1 to 2. Maybe with some restriction regarding the high end ones/original items.

CRAZY!? I think so. Crazy awesome.

+37 Karma | 41 Replies
November 13, 2009 1:07:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _Golgoth_,
All favour items at once 0_o

I prefer my idea ^^

November 13, 2009 1:35:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _Golgoth_,

Quoting _Golgoth_, reply 20All favour items at once 0_o

I prefer my idea ^^

Golgoth, the man so awesome, he can quote himself...

Anyway, i think they should add a spending cap on what you can get, say for instance, you can only spend 1100 favor per match, making you buy one good favor, and one that would just be interesting, but ofcourse, you would have to change the favor costs to make people have to pick one bad favor (You could still pick BotS and like, swift anklet under current conditions...)

DaBRUM

November 13, 2009 2:01:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DaBRUM,

Golgoth, the man so awesome, he can quote himself...

Damn straight

November 13, 2009 4:38:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Izuz,
Spirit of the Fallen + Blood of the Falled = 1800 + 13 hp/s

Hastle Anklet + Swift Ankelt = 32% movement speed

/signed
And I am the only person who see this as a bad thing?

November 13, 2009 5:06:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you know you can take at least one of them two? thus the advantage remains the same like using only one favor item. if you want it nullified take both yourself.

stacking usually does not increase the benefits overproportional! well, in case of the swift ankleth this could be if the %speed modifiers are multiplied (how one should assume).

November 13, 2009 5:54:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Izuz,
reply 4
Spirit of the Fallen + Blood of the Falled = 1800 + 13 hp/s

Hastle Anklet + Swift Ankelt = 32% movement speed

/signed
And I am the only person who see this as a bad thing?

No, you're true, this would be bad(with this new items), But without them ? huh, i dont know. I'm not thinking atm. It would require much of debate.

I think it is bad mostly because it is degrading the skill powers/strength. So its not that it would be unbalanced for players playing against each other, but unbalanced internally - skills having less impact on game, more giving to items. And i dislike that. I want skills even better (buffed) and this would mean indirect nerf to them.

well, maybe it is not that big deal, but i'm not really for that. had to say

P.S. yes, in a first place it seemed like totally cool, and maybe it could still be pulled out with positive result, but definitely without these new favor items. Period 

November 16, 2009 11:55:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What if say 15 minutes after you've chosen your first favor item, you're allowed to select a 2nd favor of 3/4 or 1/2 the price? That would encourage people to select their favor items early instead of waiting until they need something to pick it.

November 16, 2009 3:13:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What if say 15 minutes after you've chosen your first favor item, you're allowed to select a 2nd favor of 3/4 or 1/2 the price? That would encourage people to select their favor items early instead of waiting until they need something to pick it.

I was thinking something about it before. But it was different mechanics.

It goes like: you pick 1 at the beginning, but you can only choose among the cheap items(cause everybody starts with the same low number of favor points), and as the game progress, and base on how good you're in the game (game is always checking achivements - who is leading in what achiv. at the moment, and is accumulating favor points to you) when you collect enough points you can change/buy another favor item (which you couldnt at the start).

However It will work the best if favor items are set in 3 groups; One cost 500 (the amount everybody is starting with), 2nd is 1000, and the last is 2000 fav points. And all items would be rebalanced first so that they are equally good in each group.

November 16, 2009 4:32:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ToxDrawace,
Yeah, definitely an awesome idea. Make it a game option?

Favor Items:

1) Not Allowed

2) 1 Allowed

3) 2 Allowed

this.

kool idea.

November 16, 2009 10:04:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DaBRUM,

Quoting _Golgoth_,
reply 26

Quoting _Golgoth_, reply 20All favour items at once 0_o

Anyway, i think they should add a spending cap on what you can get, say for instance, you can only spend 1100 favor per match, making you buy one good favor, and one that would just be interesting, but ofcourse, you would have to change the favor costs to make people have to pick one bad favor (You could still pick BotS and like, swift anklet under current conditions...)

Lol, yes golgoth is awsome, but that is besides the point? we should make a thread worshiping me or golgoth later (well not later for me of course...) but our focus is on these favor items...and DaBrum is a fuckin genuis! This is such a great idea! It could keep them bastartds from using totally OP favor item combos! But, how about instead of only spending  a certain amount, you can only choose two with a total value under 1,500? or maybe it should be lower? Anyways karma for DaBrum:)

November 17, 2009 12:27:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,

Lol, yes golgoth is awsome, but that is besides the point?

No pretty sure it isnt. Totally viable by me

November 17, 2009 9:23:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, no Golgoth, it is besides the point. You see its always relevent with me, seeeing as i own the earth...

November 17, 2009 10:25:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

PIZNIT GREAT IDEA

the way it meant to be.

November 19, 2009 5:13:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
lol, no Golgoth, it is besides the point. You see its always relevent with me, seeeing as i own the earth...

Nope I really awesome. I can think about The Game but still win The Game

November 19, 2009 3:55:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[/quote]Nope I really awesome. I can think about The Game but still win The Game [/quote]

Shit, I lose ^^

DaBRUM

November 19, 2009 8:54:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I win always Golgoth... always

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.