The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: v1.20 Partial Change Log

By on November 11, 2009 10:31:55 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Demigod v1.2 has passed what we call our tech QA and is now in consumer QA (i.e. compatibility and such).

Here’s a partial list of what’s in this build:

Notable Bug Fixes:

· Fixes a serious desync that could potentially resolve a number of problem cases in MP.

Citadel Upgrades

• Graveyard Citadel Upgrade: Increased bonus from 10/20/40% to 15/30/50%

Favor Item Changes:

• Samm-El’s Cloak: Buffed cap from 25% to 15%
  • Dark Crimson Vial: Reduced cast time from 2 to 1 seconds
  • Staff of the Warmage: Increased mana from 700 to 800
  • Magical Coin Pouch: Buffed cost reduction from 10% to 15%
  • Horn of Battle: Increased health regen from 10 to 25

New favor items:

Spirit of the Fallen: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

1000 Health

8 Health Per Second

Haste Anklet: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

17% Increased Movement Speed

Pendant of Prescience: Generals only

5000 Favor Points

15% Dodge

20% Minion Dodge

Tome of Champions: Generals Only

5000 Favor Points

800 Health

5 Health Per Second

150 Minion Health

Items:

• Hex Scroll: Reduced cost from 500 to 250
  • Capture Lock: Increased cast time from 1 to 2 seconds
  • Combat Health and Mana Potions unchanged – we were afraid to tweak this one
  • Duelist Cuirass: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2500
  • Theurgist’s Cap: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2000
  • Hungarling’s Crown: Reduced cost from 6500 to 5500
  • Ironwalkers: Reduced cost from 3750 to 2750
  • Desperate Treads: Reduced cost from 5000 to 4000
  • Gauntlet’s of Despair: Increased mana drain from 200 to 300
  • Doomspite Grips: Increased weapon damage from 30 to 40
  • Forest Band: Increased minion armor from 200 to 300
  • Warlord’s Punisher: Unchanged
  • Ring of the Ancients: Reduced cost from 3500 to 2500
  • Parasite Egg: Reduced cost from 4000 to 3000

Game Mechanics:

• Dodge Cap increased from 30% to 40%

Queen of Thorns:

• Summon Shambler: Summon Shambler now increases health and damage of Shamblers as you gain new ranks. The values are 5/10/15 damage and 125/250/375 health.
  • Entourage: Shamber buff decreased to compensate for Summon Shambler’s boost. Damage reduced from 10/20/30 to 6/12/18 damage and 250/500/750 health to 165/330/495.
UPDATE:

·         Fixed TB’s ability to attack while moving in Fire Mode.

I’ll have a more complete list shortly.

Commenting is enabled to allow people to complain about the balancing since you can blame me for it. I read through the comments and various threads and compiled a list of requested changes along with my own experiences from playing.  So you can see a lot of things have been made less expensive. The new favor items are largely just “upgrades” (requiring a lot more favor points) to the existing ones. I tried to request items that could be realistically added.  So in other words, don’t flame GPG. Flame Brad (me).

The modding is going to become a big deal I believe as I am hoping we will be able to have our own mods that players will be able to distribute here on the game site or that we’ll eventually bundle with the game if they’re popular enough.

+912 Karma | 280 Replies
November 11, 2009 9:51:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,
You guys are really over reacting about the favor items. It just replaces, it doesn't change much in the grand spectrum of things.

Sigh..... It would be completely pointless to chose anything else besides the 1k hp item. Blood of the Fallen is bad enough with 800 and nearly everyone chooses that already.

November 11, 2009 9:53:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,
You guys are really over reacting about the favor items. It just replaces, it doesn't change much in the grand spectrum of things.
Yes it does, actually. There's currenly a handful of items that are effective, but they're a give and take. This skews things against them. The only way nothing really changes is if you view BotF as the only option currently.

November 11, 2009 9:58:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,

Quoting Polynomial, reply 96You guys are really over reacting about the favor items. It just replaces, it doesn't change much in the grand spectrum of things.Yes it does, actually. There's currenly a handful of items that are effective, but they're a give and take. This skews things against them. The only way nothing really changes is if you view BotF as the only option currently.

I'm just saying that instead of choosing Blood of the Fallen, now you would choose Spirit of the Fallen. I raised my concerns in general discussion, but hey, if its going in I'll deal with it. I know I can.

However, the only forseeable problem that I can tell is that its an assassin only item. I guarantee its because the generic favor item UI is full

November 11, 2009 10:01:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
The other QoT buff we're looking into is giving her the ability to repair friendly towers.

Wait a minute a thought just came to mind, if you do this will she only be able to heal default towers or will she also be able to heal rook placed towers as well?

November 11, 2009 10:09:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok, I may be a noob, but hear me out, please:

The Queen of Thorns should be taken a little more siriously! You plan to allow her to heal allied towers? Well, I guess that she has had a change of heart! Oh dear, is she getting every allied demigod some christmas presents too?

I don't mean to be harsh at all, but please think carfully. The Queen of Throns should take part in being an ally by providing a strong attack frontier for her team, she's no backstage nurse. The Queen of Torns should have more evil abilties. Let the Bi*ch play her role! Instead of having her heal other towers, let her uproot ability to "convert" towers and fortresses to her side. Think about it, she turns nature to her side, forces the structures to bend to her will with her roots. She is manipulative, like all ex-wives and bi*ches. Now, about her shamblers, they should have melee (hand to hand) attacks, not that little wave of thorns, and the wave of thorns should be Qot's visual type of attack. Her attack wave should damage all units in the way, equally (not disregarding their armor ofcorse, some would loose more health than others). Her attack should go to the end of her line of sight. The shamblers, again, should have melee attacks. Like priests, they should also have a minor ability that allows them to root themselves with with the unit/demigod/tower that they are attacking and steal 3% of their current hear. The ability ofcorse, is automatic, they choose it when ver they can. If the target moves, the ability is aborted with a 6 sec cooldown. Great for structures and when they are being attack by enemy demigods, but provides a balancing draw back to attacking hordes of enemy creeeps. The abiltiy provides endurence for the shamblers and more sieging opportunities for the queen. The shambler stats chnages you made, along with what I have given so far, are fine. Be aware that other ablities of her do need boosts (take a look at cosmoe's post for a great opinion on these changes).

I think that QoT should get a new abiltiy too. In her story, she is able to manipulate a man. So why isn't she allowed to do this in the game? Sure, she may have no power over her brothers and sisters, but what about the creeps? She should have some sort of abiltiy to temp. control creeps:

Active:

Lusting Scent - 3 Lvls - 30/45/30 CD - 3/2/2 CT - A sinful aroma causes enemy units (does not include demigods, but includes minions) in  QoT's line of sight to blindly obey her will for 10/20/30 secs. They attack what she wishes to attack and moves as she wishes them to. They do not move and attack independently. (They basically become her minions, but do not recieve any boosts what-so-ever, such as from items or from abilties. They are still enemy units, will be attacked by allied creeps and such. Will not be attacked by enemy structures, and creeps, ect.)

I am just tired of all of this BS on balancing curent heros, while they should have come balanced for 20-40 bucks (or w/e), and that we should be focusing on future additions. Seriously People!

November 11, 2009 10:20:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting VitaNova,
ok, I may be a noob, but hear me out, please:

The Queen of Thorns should be taken a little more siriously! You plan to allow her to heal allied towers? Well, I guess that she has had a change of heart! Oh dear, is she getting every allied demigod some christmas presents too?

I don't mean to be harsh at all, but please think carfully. The Queen of Throns should take part in being an ally by providing a strong attack frontier for her team, she's no backstage nurse. The Queen of Torns should have more evil abilties. Let the Bi*ch play her role! Instead of having her heal other towers, let her uproot ability to "convert" towers and fortresses to her side. Think about it, she turns nature to her side, forces the structures to bend to her will with her roots. She is manipulative, like all ex-wives and bi*ches. Now, about her shamblers, they should have melee (hand to hand) attacks, not that little wave of thorns, and the wave of thorns should be Qot's visual type of attack. Her attack wave should damage all units in the way, equally (not disregarding their armor ofcorse, some would loose more health than others). Her attack should go to the end of her line of sight. The shamblers, again, should have melee attacks. Like priests, they should also have a minor ability that allows them to root themselves with with the unit/demigod/tower that they are attacking and steal 3% of their current hear. The ability ofcorse, is automatic, they choose it when ver they can. If the target moves, the ability is aborted with a 6 sec cooldown. Great for structures and when they are being attack by enemy demigods, but provides a balancing draw back to attacking hordes of enemy creeeps. The abiltiy provides endurence for the shamblers and more sieging opportunities for the queen. The shambler stats chnages you made, along with what I have given so far, are fine. Be aware that other ablities of her do need boosts (take a look at cosmoe's post for a great opinion on these changes).

I think that QoT should get a new abiltiy too. In her story, she is able to manipulate a man. So why isn't she allowed to do this in the game? Sure, she may have no power over her brothers and sisters, but what about the creeps? She should have some sort of abiltiy to temp. control creeps:

Active:

Lusting Scent - 3 Lvls - 30/45/30 CD - 3/2/2 CT - A sinful aroma causes enemy units (does not include demigods, but includes minions) in  QoT's line of sight to blindly obey her will for 10/20/30 secs. They attack what she wishes to attack and moves as she wishes them to. They do not move and attack independently. (They basically become her minions, but do not recieve any boosts what-so-ever, such as from items or from abilties. They are still enemy units, will be attacked by allied creeps and such. Will not be attacked by enemy structures, and creeps, ect.)

I just tired fo all of this BS on balancing curent heros, while they should have come balanced for 20-40 bucks (or w/e), and that we should be focusing on future additions. Seriously People!

Where shall I began, where shall I began? Ok first and for most this is not a role playing game so no one cares about a character being in character but what is most effective in game. Secondly if you think QoT isn’t a backstage character than you really better go play her again her greatest strength isn’t destroying enemy demigods it is destroying their armies, leveling their towers, and keeping allies alive which 1 out of 3 of these things are far out of character. A queen who sticks with her teammates and keep assist in kills is a good queen, a queen who can hold her own against other demigods, level towers, and protect her allies while her life is in just as much danger and survive is a great queen. Everything queen does, every single one of her abilities excluding shield , thorns, and spikes are not front line abilities.

edit:

Fine let’s focus on future  abilities, let’s make UB and Ere even more damn powerful, let’s give Reg ability to see through mist and stand at hi crystal sniping enemy demigods at their own crystal, let’s give tb the ability to set the entire field on fire and do 1500 dot…. You get my point, without balance there is no point nor any fun.

November 11, 2009 10:51:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zechnophobe,

Quoting pacov, reply 97Just checked... horn of battle is +10 health per second PRE-patch.
Yeah I was going to make that same comment.  Either it is going to be a buff, or someone is very confused.

I guess Stardock wanted to match horn of battle more evenly with Tome of Champions. 

November 11, 2009 11:14:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The new items and new demi's will definantely get me playing the game again, but I hardly call it balanced. Once I get my hands on the patch I will spend some time "in the lab" devising new ways to abuse the hell out of people in this game. It seems like stardock included new items for the sake of adding content and is letting the balance decisions go to the modding community. Which will fail horribly because you can't get anyone in this community to agree on anything outside of spit is the best spell in the game lol. Raising the casting time of cap locks is good considering with the inherent lag now you might have a chance of interrupting a cap instead of hitting the intterrupt in time, only to have your oak cast his penitence after the fact, while the erebus bat swarms away. Mass charm III is still 3 seconds, and portal locks are cast in 2 seconds, so you can still indefinantely lock a portal without giving hte other team ANY way to stop you lol since mass charm is AOE, so even if you have 4 demigods guarding a portal, you can charm - lock, bat swarm out lol.

Thank you for making sigils stronger by offering increased HP options. The meta game doesn't seem like it's going to change, and the abuseable strategies are now easier to abuse more effectively. If you made sigils more expensive you coulda changed the way the game is played drastically. Sigil's are like a instant-cast get out of jail free card.

Horn needed an HP buff? I think this one is frogboy helping out his boy erebus here lol.

So an erebus with invincible minions that already has bite and bat swarm / mist for escape and priests can heal even faster? lol this is awesome. It doesn't balance anything but it makes for some really nasty erebus abuse. The easiest and most effective demigod just got easier to play and more effective.

Yet alone abusing some interesting tactics with the new demigods to make something more devious than the unbeatable triple stun combo. More to follow later

As far as prices go for the new favors. I only have.....  47,160 favor points laying around lol. OH noes! don't make me spend 5,000 to get an item that gives me 1k hp with nasty regen off the start. 8HP / second + splitting up your monks and I'll have absolutely no reason to ever leave the battlefield with OOOOZE BEAST FTW lol.

Dodge cap increased, should help with demon assassin. Stun cap is still the same.... aka triple stun is still abuse-able.... niiiice!

You can give QOT a million buffs, but she still doesn't have an interrupt. So she'll always be 2nd tier to a character that can stun you out of teleporting / portal locking / doing a move. Coulda left shamblers the same and just made ground spikes have an interrupt effect.

Does dark crimson vial stack with sigils? If it heals 33% of your max health, but you pop a sigi for 50% more health, does it stack?

On a side note:

Outside of the new demigod's and fixing a desync bug (thank you stardock). This really took that long to do? adding new favors that are mirrors of older favors, but stronger and cost more favor points (like that even matters lol). Tweaking a useless favor here to there to make it less worthless, but still not viable. I dunno.

Hex scroll decrease still does not interest me. Since most decisive battles are greater than 1v1, why spend 250 to decrease attack damage from only 1 demigod, when you can spend 500 and increase your HP 50% for 25 seconds which helps you against all three demigod's on the battlefield in the same way - it costs more but is more cost effective.

In short:

If you were abusing minions before, it just got easier

If you were abusing HP stack before, it just got easier

If you were abusing sigil's before, it just got more effective with greater HP options

If you were abusing triple stun before, it just got easier because you can stack more HP than before

Cataract just got even more boring as possession of the fort flag is even more critical. It royaly f**s the noobs in that they can't afford the new favors, which makes holding that flag even harder, and once the enemy gets that flag, it makes it even more impossible to win lol.

Rook is going to have a harder time now, but that's ok, he's already too strong on cataract, I guess that's fair

Sedna's healing wind will stack nicely with the new HP items

Oak becomes more viable as a defensive interrupt / cap lock stopper, which is cool. Increasing his already strong late game potential.

Nothing in the patch changes the way the game is played, it just enhances what was already strong.

It's like saying it's too easy for people to hit homeruns in baseball and people want a change - they ask for larger stadiums, instead the players get to swing metal bats lol .

People will be dying less with more HP options, so less gold will be spread around, could make getting artifacts harder to do. Definantely makes spit less viable.

Erebus used to be overpowered on steroids, now erebus is overpowered on steroids derived from crack rocks lol

But in reality, all of this is conjecture until I get my hands on the new demigod's. If they scale well with the meta game, then the game won't change, if they offer metagame changing strategies then things will be different. Since the two new guys are the only guys who offer a brand new game mechanic - being able to move players around the battle field against their will - my guess is hopefuly the game will play differently. Changes have been made, but demigod is still the same old demigod. Everything rests on the shoulders of the 2 new dg's. Let's hope all these months of testing and developing were put to good use.

November 11, 2009 11:30:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait a minute a thought just came to mind, if you do this will she only be able to heal default towers or will she also be able to heal rook placed towers as well?

I don't see the point of healing rook towers.

November 11, 2009 11:35:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Izuz,

I don't see the point of healing rook towers.

Or netural towers, there's already an item for that, an item that anyone can buy. Or you can just buy FS1 and some tp's and make sure you never lose a tower to begin with via teamwork and communication.

November 12, 2009 12:19:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WHy didn't the Stardock or GPG consider the ability to blind select your demigod? For example: you can check a box that automatically prevents doubles (if you want that to happen) and then each side picks their demigod's without being able to see the other sides demigods. Also, hitting tab and seeing what the other team has off the start is still retarded. Negates the surprise of going random (random player here). I think you should have to see an enemy demigod before you can know that you are against them, it adds an extra element of strategy.

November 12, 2009 12:21:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Apart from the new favour items this looks to be a very good addition to the game

Love it!

Ty stardock and gpg,

BTW fix for TB YAY!!

November 12, 2009 2:19:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fixing desync would be a blast.

Nice to see you gave TB much more power.

Maybe its time to try some new items.

November 12, 2009 2:58:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
The other QoT buff we're looking into is giving her the ability to repair friendly towers.

YES.YES.YES.YES !!!!  

November 12, 2009 3:02:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I echo the sentiment that I would prefer better microing with QoT than a large buff. Also, it'd be nice if we could summon shamblers at full health when we stack minion health items.

November 12, 2009 4:07:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
Just checked... horn of battle is +10 health per second PRE-patch.
Oh .

Please do not buff the HoB... and please remove the new favor items.

November 12, 2009 5:15:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,
Please, please, please remove the new Favor Items. The Favor Item's cost is not a way to balance it, at all... the cost is completely irrelevant. All they do is make the old favor items pointless and the ones that were already pointless even more pointless of course... And they give an unnecessary advantage to players that played more games over other players with less games.

+1

I have enough favor points to buy every item available a few times over, at the least. Replacing the now depricated items would be good if such is not already the case. No need to clutter the favor list with near identical items.

Otherwise, this looks to be a good partial list so far. I'm hoping Rook ability fixes make the sequel. Thanks for the updates.

November 12, 2009 5:42:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

allowing qot to repair buildings will not make her more valuable. the buff on shambler summoning should be without the nerf of entourage! if it remains how it is said up till now qot will suck the same as before.

the highend favor items are reducing the diversity of used favor items highly. they also maybe will tip over the balance between some demigods. all in all i see more problems with this patch than it resolves. at least as far as the information is now.

November 12, 2009 8:30:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,

One thing, and lemme qualify this by saying I think all the other item changes are fantastic, but I really, really think that Sigils need a significant nerf. A 10 second duration is what I would do, but a % health or gold change could work as well.
also i think that wateva health u gain from sigil, stays with you (max health only drops, not current health)  and you dont lose that health when sigil effect runs out.

i wasnt stating thats what it does, i was actually meaning what it should be like (wateva haealth u gain from its effect, you keep and not lose the 50% that u gained when effect runs outs but then i dunno if that would make it OP?).
or instead of losing all health but 1 health, your current health should drop down to 10% of ur max health.

November 12, 2009 8:47:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and again with the new favor items ... was there any real thought process behind this?

did they ask themselves....

- what would happen if we implement these upgrades based on existing favor items?
- has anyone read the forums on the current BotF? (ppl alrdy complain thats its too OP, although i think its fine but 1k max health and 8hps?!?)
- will these new items take all focus away from all other existing favor items?
- should we buff the pros and let the noobs suffer (due to the cost)?

i think this would be the most important question to ask...

"Should we try balance all favor items so they have roughly equal effectiveness and efficiency and let the diversity determine how the game pans out?"

TBH, i think giving favor items a cost was a wrong step taken. Costs should be taken out altogether. Cost only delays a noobs potential for that much longer just because they havent played enough games. So its inevitable that any one person will go for the strongest favor item they can. This then makes all ppl ignore lower end favor items, making them redundant
(why even have them in the game then).
Favor items should be thought of as a "build maker" or "assist item".
Botf - tanking and durability
swift anklet - anti-flee'er or help flee.
cloak of night - surprise escape or surprise attack.
Blade of the serpant - debuff specialist 
Mards hammer - dps pro (although i think it should be buffed)
Staff of renewal - skill efficient

and the list goes on, but as i said before "favor items should be equal effectiveness and efficiency".

November 12, 2009 8:56:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hopefully today

November 12, 2009 9:23:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Again, all it does is replace favor items. The numbers change, but the concept is the same. Its not as big of a deal everyone is making out of it. The only potential problem is the favor items being general/assassin specific and I'm sure they are like that because the UIs for generic favor items is full.

November 12, 2009 9:28:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The new favors just beg the question of do the guys at gpg / sd really understand the game that they made and how it plays. That's what scares me the most.

November 12, 2009 9:30:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes it quasi replaces only. but it is quite a big deal. botf was already very strong, so strong that in most cases no alternatives were usefull (in most cases not all!). given now extra 200hp and hps from 5 to 8 is a quite big and TOTALLY UNNECESSARY upgrade. the advantage at the beginning of the game is quite big. yes, this 200hp are making the difference.

beside of that it is still a totally unnecessatry upgrade. i really don't get it how one can get this idea while there are so many issues arround here. an absolutly facepalm candidate!

edit: @playgroundlegen: like they proved it already many times: NO, THEY DON'T!

November 12, 2009 9:36:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

At the very least the people against it seem to think its the end of everything and the game's balance is going out the window. The argument against these high end items is more of the same, which we do not want. Which is true, we'd all prefer new favor items with more unique abilities. But at the very core these favor items do not change the balance. Its just more of the same.

I would hate to see these taken out at the last minute and see time wasted, but then again I've always believed Stardock and GPG could do a better job of communication patch content way before their release.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000938   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.