The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Improving your game and premades

By on November 10, 2009 11:17:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

-Play against premades

-play with premades

-Play with/against experienced players

-listen coordination, if no one is coordinating you should do it. 

i often see people complaining about premades and having no chance against them, however actually by losing against these pres you'll learn quite a bit. I am not saying play against experienced players with 50 games noobs on your side.In that case ask the host for replacement. But if you have a decent pug team, you should definetly play. Even if they have the advantage, you'll have to chance to see new tactics or try your tactics against good players.

Meanwhile: where did all the pres and experienced people go?I don't see anyone online but my small community of friends. We can't find anyone to play. I hope people comes back when the new demigods come out. Otherwise i am about to quit the game as well.

0 Karma | 21 Replies
November 10, 2009 11:40:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Orcun, part of the reason for lowered traffic could be due to the slew of new games recently released (DA:O, COD6 [don't buy it please], Torchlight, etc.).

OT: I love playing against good players--even moreso now with replays.  I do NOT like, however:

1.) Pre-mades posing as pug teams--if you're a premade, just come out and say it

2.) Stackage of teams (at least give the pug team a chance )

November 11, 2009 9:00:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm playing Dragon Age, KALEL hasn't logged on because he knows that I won't log on (I told him) and RAWR pretty much quit to play WoW, Pacov is playing borderlands with Trouser and irek plays occasionally but only pug games, I think, Purgespam quit... so I know that's pretty much what happened to my premade (or, at least, the ones I played with the most).

Futile, Tim and Sarmis pretty much gave this game up with the overlay so that's another one of the top-tier premades gone.

I think, Orcun, that your group is the only super-active top-level premade, other than Morpheus-Playground-Dice.

November 11, 2009 9:37:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

before there is no teamed automatch feature i won't play premade like games. i wont to register a team and enter a queue awaiting other teams matched to our level (well, this needs of course a working stats/ladder backend that we still lack!).

up till than i keep puggin and sometimes joining a friends game. or i will stop playing.... no otehr features are so needed like this must have for every multiplayer rts game!

November 11, 2009 10:16:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the update abuggerhedgie.

November 11, 2009 10:28:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hedgie, i'm still playing a game or two nightly, then mixing a bit of DA in afterwards.

I will not be buying COD6 and i've been a dedicated COD player since the original. 

Screw IW.

Rawr went to warcraft, boooo lol. 

Clan Wars should have been made a priority

November 11, 2009 10:36:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

-Play against premades

-play with premades

-Play with/against experienced players

-listen coordination, if no one is coordinating you should do it. 

i often see people complaining about premades and having no chance against them, however actually by losing against these pres you'll learn quite a bit. I am not saying play against experienced players with 50 games noobs on your side.In that case ask the host for replacement. But if you have a decent pug team, you should definetly play. Even if they have the advantage, you'll have to chance to see new tactics or try your tactics against good players.

Meanwhile: where did all the pres and experienced people go?I don't see anyone online but my small community of friends. We can't find anyone to play. I hope people comes back when the new demigods come out. Otherwise i am about to quit the game as well.

I love playing against premades especially Orcun_BL's lowers my win % so more people let me in there games

November 11, 2009 12:16:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I miss a lot of the good players but I have been having more fun lately playing with orcun and others because orcun is a pretty good about even teams.

November 11, 2009 12:22:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
I miss a lot of the good players but I have been having more fun lately playing with orcun and others because orcun is a pretty good about even teams.

Ya he is good about that even teams but most of the Time I just want to play it is hard to get a good game. Even though I know I am going to lose I like the challenge of trying.

November 11, 2009 5:32:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes – there are currently only 2 high level premade teams still actively playing that I'm aware of.  Quite a few mediocre/up and coming one’s though.  I’ll mostly just get in a random PUG here or there at this point.  I’d imagine members of my team will all be on a quite a bit more once 1.2 goes live and all the more when the new Dgs go live.  I don’t know how much we will all be playing together though.  I’m pretty much to the point of refusing to wait around 30-40 minutes to play a game so I can play with my team.   Sad, but I think my days of premades are dead and gone due to people asking us to switch teams to balance (eg breaking up the team) and lack of teams to play against.  No where near as much fun, imo.  Oh and I’m playing borderlands w/ Kalel/kokujin/kassaum/trouser and dragon age whenever I can.  I’ll be on DG tonight if the patch goes live though. 

November 12, 2009 9:53:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really enjoy playing this game but, lately, I've been playing less and less. The main reason is time wasted vs time enjoyed. For one balanced good game, there will be dozens of minutes waiting, many games crashing (lobby or in-game) or noobs ruining games (with me or in front of me).

I'm glad seeing what 1.2 contains and happy to get stuff from time to time but I think my number of games will decrease. Especially with Left 4 Dead 2 coming next week.

So sad... The feelings when the end of a game is totally uncertain are wonderful!

November 12, 2009 10:01:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually... I've seen higher numbers on the stats site.

I have no explanation.

November 12, 2009 10:53:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't think it's due to the slew of new games. It's due to no competition.

I've played every blizzard title online competitively, some professionally, and while many games come out in the years in which I was playing a blizz title, I still mained that blizz title. This is because there's a player base, no bugs, competitive ladder that works properly, and every patch brings MAJOR change.

For example, we had new heros in frozen throne after a patch, changed the game up. From frozen throne 1.2 --> 1.3 all they really changed was adding dmg + hp to the tier 1 night elf archer, and boosted beastmasters stats, this made everyone change from massing huntresses with KOTG to massing ranged with the beast master, this was a loooong time ago, and it wasn't the most balanced patch considering NE now raped orc but that 1 small changed made everyone change their heros, build orders, creep patterns, army compositions. That made the game more fun. Every patch is like a brand new game in that strategies that worked before are no longer as effective and new strategies come out.

I stopped playing this game because it's the same thing every game, added to the fact that most people you play have no idea what the hell they are doing. So what takes you 50 games to master every character in the game, someone else is 800-1000 record and still play's beast like a scrub. Although hearing the announcer yell GOD LIKE (quake 3 arena rip-off) is fun for a while, the self congratulations get old after a while and you just want a challenge.

And for those of us who are skilled, no one will play in your games anymore. No sense waiting around for 40 minutes to 2 hours for a game (2 hours, don't believe me? go read "the overlay is ruining my life") that is going to play the same way, on the same map, vs the same demigod's against some beast who's going to spit on you, chase you past a tower, then die like an idiot. Or a reg who tries to snipe you IN YOUR FACE, or a queen of thorns that doesn't get bramble shield and tries to tank your melee dg's, or an erebus that doesn't buy priests, or an oak that doesn't get shield 3, penitence, surge but 3 v 1's your team like he's John motherfucking Rambo. Or a rook that tries to 1v1 your tower by walking PAST a flag that YOUR team controls lolol. It's a fucking joke.

Also, the game is MEANT to be played with premade vs premade. The game is so much fun when you can coordinate properly, use synergy with the builds between your ENTIRE TEAM. Not just 3 guys pick 3 builds and just "wing it". You can control a lot of aspects of the game using strategy and unit placement, item purchases etc. But no one wants to play a premade and everyone is too fucking lazy to make their own. All you need is TWO other players VOILA! you have a premade! Incredible right? DiceareEvil and morpheas comprise my premade. Dice is my friend in real life, who got me onto the game and told me to buy it, he also showed me how to play at first. All he did was draw parallells between this game and warcraft, I became "pro" in a matter of weeks, less than a month. This game is basic. starcraft is chess, warcraft is checkers, demigod is tic-tac-toe. Morpheas was just some guy I met while playing over the course of my first month or two. He was always online when I was online, so I'd always ask him to game, we just clicked.

And don't use that "I don't want to play people who have voice" excuse. Morpheas doesn't even have a mic, and me and dice use our mics to laugh at the stupid shit you do on screen. If you play me dice and morph, and you die, morph has no mic and is saying nothing, and me and dice are laughing at your poor decision / our great move. After enough games you don't need to talk, you know what your ally is doing and what's going on. Good players will have map awareness, it's not like because I have voice I can be like "OMG OUR PORTAL AT LEVEL 10 PROTECT IT!" it's more like, everyone on my team isn't fucking braindead and realize we need to cover it. So we just ....... do it.

November 12, 2009 11:04:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no teamed matchmaking system -> no competetive palying. it won't and it does not work. most players left, and no one want to join premade games.

well, it's nothing that they didn't could knew prior release. that's also one of the main reasons why the very most part of the demigod players left the game for months. and it seems this is getting worse.

patch 1.2 may attract some players for a short time as it is something new to paly with. some weeks later we get back to the old status. end of story... sadly.

November 12, 2009 11:06:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,
no teamed matchmaking system -> no competetive palying. it won't and it does not work. most players left, and no one want to join premade games.

well, it's nothing that they didn't could knew prior release. that's also one of the main reasons why the very most part of the demigod players left the game for months. and it seems this is getting worse.

patch 1.2 may attract some players for a short time as it is something new to paly with. some weeks later we get back to the old status. end of story... sadly.

^^^

Couldn't agree with you more

November 12, 2009 12:07:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm... if anything, many of the enhancements have made it more difficult for highly ranked players to play.  Its certainly made it more difficult for friends to play together on the same team.  Oh well... not much we can do about this.  We might get a slight reprieve when the next epoch begins. 

November 12, 2009 12:23:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
hmm... if anything, many of the enhancements have made it more difficult for highly ranked players to play.  Its certainly made it more difficult for friends to play together on the same team.  Oh well... not much we can do about this.  We might get a slight reprieve when the next epoch begins. 

I hate having to go Pantheon to get a game.  The problem is those are just as unbalanced with friends cancelling unless there friend shows up in connectivity window so their premade team plays against a non premade. Even though I am loving playing 2 v2 against two beasts with no priests.  That is what I call Oak Food come here little doggie!!!

November 12, 2009 1:51:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting playgroundlegend,

Massive rant

You obviously find yourself playing with americans...

November 12, 2009 2:38:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _Golgoth_,

Quoting playgroundlegend, reply 12
Massive rant

You obviously find yourself playing with americans...

Perhaps you're right. Last night I played a game, went random, got beast. Peterdump truck went QOT and some douche nozzle went reg. I was level 18, closest person on either team to my level was 15 - I had a godplate and groffling - over 10k hp standard - acclimation etc. etc.

The other team had an erebus, rook, ice tb.

My reg....... decides to do.... something. I don't even know what he was trying. We're forces of light. But the other team had control of the fort flag, locked our gold flag, and had control of their own cooldown flag. This reg, runs alllll the way past the fort flag, and tries to just..... shoot stuff, i don't even know, he was just farming creeps 10 miles into enemy territory. He dies.

it's war rank 10, they have giants, we're stuck at 9 trying to build up warscore. icetb and rook go to one portal, and erebus goes to the other. No matter what me or peter do.... we lose a portal. if we split up, the 2 v1 portal will turn in favor of the 2 because thats how the flag system works. So in order to NOT have it turn, both of us need to be there.... but this means that no one is covering the ohter portal.

I ended up not dying once, having the highest level - nasty items, money for giants etc. and even the highest favor score in the entire game.... my team lost. because john fucking rambo went guns blazing with his squishy character to... kill creeps? I'm so confused.

I'm not pissed that I lost, I don't mind losing, losing = I learn something. I get pissed off when I waste 40 minutes of my life playing a game only to have some jerk off throw it all away at the last minute and I learn nothing from it because I didn't make a mistake.

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1081728/player/72049/

November 12, 2009 3:31:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tim, Futile, and I have quit DG because we like to play games together, and we don't like waiting an hour.  We've been bumming around in LoL lately because it's nice to get a game going instantly, but the gameplay isn't as good as DG, but the game is free

November 12, 2009 3:37:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sarmis,
Tim, Futile, and I have quit DG because we like to play games together, and we don't like waiting an hour.  We've been bumming around in LoL lately because it's nice to get a game going instantly, but the gameplay isn't as good as DG, but the game is free

Free + working > expensive + broken

Good call

November 16, 2009 9:22:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I enjoyed the premade matches for quite a while, but the lobby system simply isn't viable now. Even if you're solo people are unhappy with team comps more often than not, it's pointless.

I just play pantheon almost exclusively now and it's much more fun. There's not much competition most of the time, but that could easily change if the other people who are frustrated with the lobby system started doing pantheon matches too.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.