The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What can be done right now?

By on November 10, 2009 8:47:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm bored. Extremely bored. I would like to start working on a balance mod, but I'm curious about what work can and should be done before the release of 1.2. Is it worth it to get started, or are tools for which I should wait going to be released?

+37 Karma | 18 Replies
November 11, 2009 8:02:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thought you wouldnt like a balance mod.

November 12, 2009 3:09:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've no idea. I'd be interested in doing this too.

November 12, 2009 10:41:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Obscenitor, all this demigod is ruining your micro / macro for sc2, it's making you soft. Ignore mods, go pick up throne or ROC again and get those micro skills again. SC2 will be worth it. Modding a game that is on it's way out won't be.

November 12, 2009 11:06:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there is still 1 1/2 years till SC2. so he will have more than enough time to get his "skills" back. SC2 wil not be release before 2011 like the announced recently.

November 12, 2009 11:15:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,
there is still 1 1/2 years till SC2. so he will have more than enough time to get his "skills" back. SC2 wil not be release before 2011 like the announced recently.

My buddy diceareevil has a real life friend out in cali who works for blizz, this guy pillar's ex-starcraft pro who is developing starcraft 2. Says the beta should be out in the spring. The beta is all you need. I had frozen throne beta, I started in beta, and played that shit until..... well.... I still play it from time to time lol. All you need is the beta the actual release is just the frosting on the cake.

November 12, 2009 11:19:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, this may be the case for you but probably not for obscentitor at whom you addressed your posting.

November 12, 2009 12:34:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You should wait a few months after the patch to get started. You need to see how the new dg's effect the meta game. For all we know, they can - when mixed with other units / items / abilities - create new scenarios and matchups.

They could be bugged, for better or worse. like the priest / sedna bug from before.

or like TB auto attack / minion spawning if you're not erebus.

But I think a mod where the host can choose which favor items are allowed / not allowed would be great. Forcing people to choose from brilliant bubble or goggles or coin pouch could be interesting.

November 12, 2009 2:16:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Obscenitor, all this demigod is ruining your micro / macro for sc2, it's making you soft. Ignore mods, go pick up throne or ROC again and get those micro skills again. SC2 will be worth it.

aah, sweet memories..    

i should really go back a little to war3, i tried one game some week ago and i'm pretty rusty now.     

November 12, 2009 2:20:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would be interested in trying to create a survival scenario, where waves of minions continually come at you.

November 12, 2009 2:31:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
I would be interested in trying to create a survival scenario, where waves of minions continually come at you.

That would be tower defense or defense of the ancients from war 3. It's fun. Everyone get's a hyper speed rook - and infinite mana. As they progress through levels their towers do more dmg, or they have slow, or AOE effects etc.

November 14, 2009 3:44:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was wondering if we could do UI mods.

November 14, 2009 9:57:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tower Defence Demigod!!!!!!!!

November 14, 2009 2:01:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Obs you could always try to implement gkrits items. Some effects might not be trivial to do. Can't hurt if we know how to do it. You could also do a write-up on how to do item-modding for example. Lots of things to do.

November 15, 2009 11:24:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://67.55.41.251/Demigod/mod.rar

Okay dockey here go. As modding support is not enabled you have to write over the old files. I've marked the Code Block that changed in

SCREEN_shopachievements.lua

The rest is simply added to the end of the file. May out may not work on the newest version of the game. 

Oh and sorry I didn't add a real item from your list. You can see the other favor items in the file achievement_items file and use them as a base to make more. The biggest slow down for you will be Icons. As you can see I used the Icon for the hammer but alot of your items will require completely new icons.

November 15, 2009 2:07:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Been trying to do this all weekend and now i see that you have done it!

Well i downloaded you mod but it doesnt seem to like v1.10 (i see that your using clean install - 1.00)

made me very sad,

Basically when i load it up and mouse over the new tab the new shop window moves up to the top left of the screen, cant work out why tho. and your code doesnt look like it should influence that so i am officially confused lol

Anyway hopefully we will know more this week about compatibility etc

November 19, 2009 4:18:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That should be renamed Banhammer >>

November 19, 2009 7:16:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As a response to what can be done right now... 1.2 is out now, so get crackin'!

November 21, 2009 5:38:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Been trying to do this all weekend and now i see that you have done it!

Well i downloaded you mod but it doesnt seem to like v1.10 (i see that your using clean install - 1.00)

made me very sad,

Basically when i load it up and mouse over the new tab the new shop window moves up to the top left of the screen, cant work out why tho. and your code doesnt look like it should influence that so i am officially confused lol

Anyway hopefully we will know more this week about compatibility etc

Yep same here! The shop window is a sneaky little fellow!!

Anyway, i will try creating new favor items next week. right now i am into new items

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.