The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Big Update: "High End Favor Items"

By on November 8, 2009 5:25:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

High End Favor Items. We’re discussing new high end favor items. They won’t be in this week but the idea is to have things beyond “blood of the fallen” and such that are simply better but cost more.

I don't think this is a good idea, Frogboy. Everyone has a bazillion favor points. I think instead time should be spent on items that force decision making to be made about choosing between items with different benefits, than outright buying better favor items.

Bring on Brad's Item Pack though! =P

+37 Karma | 46 Replies
November 9, 2009 11:59:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the idea of Favour, which rewards players for playing and playing well, however it simply doesn't work at the moment because once you've purchased the two or three items that you will use for 75% of matches, Favour ceases to have any value. By making all of the favour items equally attractive, and making all item cost the same, Favour points will regain their value. Yes, it places new players at a disadvantage, however this doesn't change things; right now, new players are at a disadvantage by design - the difference, however, will be felt once they can afford a new favour item; instead of reading the forums and grabbing Blood of the Fallen, they'll literally have numerous options available to them. Lower Tier items make the transition smoother, however ultimately keep them at a disadvantage longer, as they have to then reaccumulate Favour points to afford the higher tier items to level the field.

November 10, 2009 7:11:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,
For my vote, I'd suggest:

Balance all of the items to be equally powerful

Set all favor costs to be the same

This way you can try out items with different strategies, and not merely save up until you can afford the best ones. It also doesn't penalize the newbies for having lows amounts of favor. I'd furthermore suggest that the blood of the fallen should cost 0 favor points. It would give newbies a good starting item to give them a solid starting build to use. This way they won't get lured into using items that "sound" good, but don't turn out to be that useful in the long run.

I agree.

First we need all the favor items balanced and then make them cost the same points each. (lets say 1000 favor each item) Also this will prevent people to just save points to get the most expensive item (2000 points thinking that it is the best in the game.

Blood of the fallen along with 1 or 2 other good items should cost 0 favor, they should be like the starting basic favor items,  all the other favor items that cost points should be equal or slightly better than BoTF.

We need balance.

November 10, 2009 7:12:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Almost seems like this is the 'well, we don't know how to balance, so we'll just add more stuff'.

Exactly that is the case. Just adding new favor is a lot easier than balancing existing ones. Seems lazy imo.

p.s. sorry for double post

November 10, 2009 1:12:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Blood of the fallen along with 1 or 2 other good items should cost 0 favor, they should be like the starting basic favor items,  all the other favor items that cost points should be equal or slightly better than BoTF.

We need balance.
[/quote]

Just remove BoTF I am so sick of that favor item!!! Then lets see how all those UB players can play the game without thier +800hp at start of game

November 10, 2009 2:12:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just remove BoTF I am so sick of that favor item!!! Then lets see how all those UB players can play the game without thier +800hp at start of game

I disagree.

In fact i think we need more hp favor items. Buff the useless items that nobody uses.

November 10, 2009 5:53:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,
I disagree.

In fact i think we need more hp favor items. Buff the useless items that nobody uses.
Yeah, honesty I think the majority of itemization issues stem from lack of HP. If the most gloves had 150-300 HP added onto them you'd see a much larger variety of item choices and additionally HP would drop down because the 300 HP would still be less than the 500+ you'd get from a pure defence item. Same idea with favor items, a small amount of HP/second or max HP would help out a lot.

November 11, 2009 9:32:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,

Balance all of the items to be equally powerful

Set all favor costs to be the same

I completely agree.  It's hard to imagine another option that makes sense.

November 11, 2009 9:48:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseRadish,

We need balance.
[/quote]

yes lets take out the ones that work and stick people with the less appealing ones that need buffs....capitol idea!!!!!!

November 11, 2009 9:56:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

btw. botf is not that super item. it's good, certainly one of the best but there are others that are equally valuable.

November 11, 2009 12:31:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Derog,
btw. botf is not that super item. it's good, certainly one of the best but there are others that are equally valuable.

When it comes to pro v pro, Botf is really the only way you can go

Because its the best favour item, none of the health items can even match it adding to its power

November 11, 2009 1:14:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Because its the best favour item, none of the health items can even match it adding to its power

There are other items that are simply better in some cases. It depends on what demigod u are using. For example you wouldnt take BoTF and stack HP items with QoT, would u?

November 11, 2009 5:24:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _Golgoth_,

Quoting Derog, reply 34btw. botf is not that super item. it's good, certainly one of the best but there are others that are equally valuable.

thats wrong. i.e. take bots and you dont need any mana item. that way you can stack hp and armor and become a great tank late game who also can deal damage without running out of mana. ok early game its quite a disadvantage but later on it will save you 2 spaces (crown and helm) that are usually picked to guarantee having enough mana.

another good choice is horn of battle for minion builds. now its even more valuable with the really high hp/sec rate.

November 11, 2009 5:40:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Derog,
another good choice is horn of battle for minion builds. now its even more valuable with the really high hp/sec rate.
HoB got nerfed from 25 to 10 hp/sec, according to Frogboy. Although, I didn't know that HoB was buffed to 25 hp/s in the first place at some point...

November 11, 2009 6:15:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not really, BotF and Staff of Renewal are equally viable depending on the DG. Cloak of Night is almost up there as well. With these new items there will be no doubt though.

November 11, 2009 6:29:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agreed 100%

November 11, 2009 7:01:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,
Not really, BotF and Staff of Renewal are equally viable depending on the DG. Cloak of Night is almost up there as well. With these new items there will be no doubt though.

Exactly, the additional 200hp and HP regen on offer cement it as the "go to" item. It also supplies and indirect buff to Monks for any General who selects it - picking any other combo simply doesn't make sense.

November 11, 2009 7:17:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it buffs sigil as well.

November 12, 2009 3:50:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

There are other items that are simply better in some cases. It depends on what demigod u are using. For example you wouldnt take BoTF and stack HP items with QoT, would u?

No I wouldnt stack health items

Because taking BotF prevents me from having to >>

November 12, 2009 4:05:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
I tend to agree Poly. I play with a small number of favour items, depending on the builds and strategies my team and I are going to use, and there are some that are simply not good enough.

Swift anklet and blood of fallen, so I have to agree with Zeh here.

November 12, 2009 4:08:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

Actually ya I do use that with QoT closed form and it works pretty well, plenor, vleh, and some management literally means I'll never run out of mana unless I spam uncontrolably.

November 12, 2009 8:41:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually ya I do use that with QoT closed form and it works pretty well, plenor, vleh, and some management literally means I'll never run out of mana unless I spam uncontrolably.

Try cloak of Night with QoT. That way u can never die.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.