The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Reward for Pantheon Winner Side

By on November 2, 2009 4:09:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First of all: I have mentioned that in the pantheon suggestions thread just a minute ago, but i dont think this thread is activ so i hope its no spam to write this a second time...

Reward for the winning Side

Hi there,

i got an idea to improve Pantheon. What do you think about some kind of a reward for the winning side or the side which one the last pantheon episode.

Im thinking about some nice looking Item for example, nothing to improve any stats ingame so it causes an advantage. Better would be some really good looking Item like a crown? Or a cape? or maybe some improved outfits for the winning side.

It should look really good so ppl will want to earn it. To avoid any trouble with players who dont like it, just allow to pick up the item ingame for 0 cost or something like that.

Thats a thought after i played some pantheon and i really dont see any reason to look after the stats. There is just no motivation.
So my advice is to implement some sort of a motivation to really fight for the side you have chosen. And i think it would be a good idea to do this with a nice looking (not stats improving) item for the winning side to wear like a cup to show your the winner

Ow and to motivate the ppl even more to play, you could also only give the opportunity for those items or the item only to those who play pantheon. Not to all. Or maybe just for the best 100? or best 50.

Any thoughts ?

0 Karma | 3 Replies
November 3, 2009 3:01:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would even be ok with special 'Pantheon only Favour items' that are unlocked by winning.  maybe just a new tab on the favour items page?  I'm ok with stat bonuses.  I know it might exagerate the skewed problem we have now for the 'winning' team, but its a good idea to add depth to the Pantheon idea.

Maybe every 6 Pantheons one demigod gets promoted to god (the one DG that had the best overall score; not the playre, but the DG) and all the players that were that DG get some kind of health bonus in their games for the duration of the next Pantheon... maybe +5 HP regen or something...  its not totally game changing, but it does make a diff?

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Than.

November 3, 2009 5:27:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would wager it's most likely to just direct more players to the winning side, increasing wait times.

November 3, 2009 8:07:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yea think itll cause more of an incentive to join the winning side, however it'd be a nice addition in a system where sides were randomly chosen, and there were no longer specific demigods related to these sides.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.