The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

One Thing Demigod Is Under Rated For!

By on October 29, 2009 11:05:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Which is the fact each Demigod has 8 different skill trees.

After playing LoL for a week...the fact there are about 36 heroes is awesome. But the each time you pick a hero you have to basically go the same skill build is quite depressing after playing Demigod. Even if there were 1000 heroes in LoL the heroes themselves still wouldnt be as diverse/fun/replayable as Demigods are. The fact I can start a DG game up with any character and then go to my self and say "hmmm which build I should take" is awesome.

However, the one thing that kills this huge bonus DG possesses is the items. In LoL - although my hero build has to be nearly-identical each time - the amount of different item builds I can do can certainly make up it. If Demigod just had more viable items/more interesting items/a larger amount it would kill LoL depth wise. (not to mention Demigod has 8 maps, generals, flags and citadel upgrades).

Because of the items/connectivity/features that LoL has though it still beats Demigod depth wise. We just need
A ) More Items
B ) More Viable Items
C ) More unique AND viable items

After that the only thing Demigod doesnt do better than LoL imo is connectivity/features (which is really important)

+26 Karma | 8 Replies
October 29, 2009 11:30:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agree, Demigod really needs a overhaul of the useless items. Make each of them more unique as well, not just "rank 1" and "rank 2" like the hp and mana items atm.

October 29, 2009 11:47:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with this too. I've been playing LoL a bunch with my buddies lately and although it's fun, none of the heroes have any depth to them at all.

In DG I'm constantly thinking about how I'm going to evolve my skill build with the current situation.

If DG had a bunch more items, that would even farther increase diversity.

October 29, 2009 11:57:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I tried League of Legends Friday and cant stop playing it.

Its damn addictive and finally I can play as a premade with my friends without waiting all day. The heros rock as well.
Its very easy to get into a game.

They have 40+ heroes and they are all very different in playstyle and art.

They have a server system and people can reconnect, I have not seen a single laggy game yet. I can suggest everyone to try it.

October 29, 2009 12:22:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod may "offer" different skill sets but I typically use the same skill build over and over again.  At most I have two different builds for some of the DGs but I don't think I have 3 builds for any DG.  The only real choice I make is the favor item.  Outside that, most games are the same.

October 29, 2009 4:28:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For starts Demigod at least has a decent name instead of LoL...

October 29, 2009 4:44:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Melric,
Demigod may "offer" different skill sets but I typically use the same skill build over and over again.  At most I have two different builds for some of the DGs but I don't think I have 3 builds for any DG.  The only real choice I make is the favor item.  Outside that, most games are the same.

Do you not adapt? Instead of ooze get spit because your allies can't seem to get that final damage off to kill someone. It may not have 3 effective builds but at least you can adapt and even change your build slightly each time. I do that with every demigod don't tell me it isn't possible and that one build rules them all. There is no single best way to pick skills because each game is differant. I even as QoT find myself using a mixture of all her skills with no particular build in mind. I make it up as I go.

October 30, 2009 4:51:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with XaviorFist, adapting makes the game so much more interesting and gameplay more effective. I use different builds depending on the demigods on each team and adjust the build depending on how the game is going. For example, with Erebus if they have a trigger happy Regulus, I would upgrade poisonous blood before minions and so on.

October 30, 2009 4:13:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Gorets,
I agree with XaviorFist, adapting makes the game so much more interesting and gameplay more effective.

First, a DG may appear to have more depth than a HoN or LoL champion in terms of the skill tree, but as someone else noted, there are typically one or two DG builds that players gravitate towards.  So there really is very little difference.

As for adapting, that's where the wondrous diversity of items come into play.  LoL has items to negate stealth, deflect spells, cheat death, augment abilities, etc, etc, etc, which have a tremendous impact on gameplay, whereas DG items tend to follow a predictable sequence.

Play some more LoL and I think you'll find there's much more depth than you think when it comes to composing teams, selecting lane partners, upgrading skills, and buying items.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000296   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.