Now I don't think there needs to be a drastic change in QoT to make her good just a few skill switches which I explain below.
First off her damage is gets really bad as the game goes on. Her tanking barely makes up for it and against multiple targets you are screwed. So I plan to take away entourage and replace compost to replace with better passives that would benifit her greatly and probally change peoples view of her around. Now this would mainly benefit closed QoT not open (still would be good for open too, would add variety) so if anyone has a good idea for increasing open's powers then please post below. I myself have a partial idea formed in my head. Another problem is uproot but I'll leave that for someone else to fix. Because this would make uproot unneeded in demolition.
Now my open idea has to be explained before I get into my others or it doesn't make sense. It mainly is this:
- Add these to QoT's open form
- Increased maximum health by 25%
- 15% damage vampire effect from enemies. Works against buildings but not with abilities. We don't need a super godly AoE QoT running around. Although that would be amazing.
- Decrease in mana costs by 25% (hungerling crown would take 25% of the remaining 75%)
First off fixing entourage.
What I think
- Waste of skill points. All the other demigods have an ability that increases health with their summon. QoT however does not.
- Not enough of a benifit. At 4 shamblers that 30 damage still isn't enough to be worth a 3 skill points.
- Combine with summon shambler.
Now we need a replacement so how about...
Thorn Mastery - Various bonus's to shamblers and QoT's attack
Level 1 - (Level 2 passive)
- So I don't want to start it too strong and a shambler bonus at level 1 wouldn't be worth getting because if you get this at all it'll probally be early and 1 shambler with 10 damage isn't doing much.
- It gives QoT's closed attack increased area and 40 extra damage. For open it adds 4% increased vampire effect.
Level 2 - (Level 5 passive)
- Now at level 5 you probally have a much better chance if you are going shamblers to have enough to give a bonus.
- It gives QoT's closed attack more increased area and 80 extra damage. For open it adds 8% increased vampire effect.
- Shamblers gain 2 range and 25 damage.
Level 3 - (Level 8 passive)
- Just increase of what already exists.
- Closed attack even more area and 100 extra damage. For open it adds 12% increased vampire effect.
- Shamblers gain 4 range and 50 damage
Level 4 passive ability - (level 15 passive) - Nutrient Draining
- Now seeing as QoT at this point would be at a particular disadvantage we add a lot to the open form ability while giving a nice bonus to QoT in general
- QoT's attacks cause a debuff to be placed on the enemy stacking up to 4 times doing 150 damage over 10 seconds for each application (an alternative is to have it be an armor debuffer but since we have ground spikes it seeme unneeded). I chose this because this is unnegatable damage. For 4 hits it would be doiing 600 damage over 10 seconds and get refreshed every hit for 4 stacks.
- QoT's vampire effect now increases her mana by 5% of the damage done.
- Shamblers gain 9 range and 65 damage.
- Also increases her damage to 150 extra.
Now summon shamblers would give all the bonus health that entourage gives. It would just be combines and the damage increase taken out. To explain my changes I say this. Now as a defensive closed QoT this would be an amazing bonus to shamblers and make your damage scale that much better for the end of the game. Now sure your shamblers could snipe a tower but by the point they do enough damage to have it be significant QoT will have so much damage out of ground spikes and her auto attack it wouldn't even be a scratch. Now closed QoT wouldn't get as much as a buff as Open QoT.
Open QoT now has the ability to cast more spells and have more health than before along with the increased damage. The reason. Now the reason I made this ability effect both sides is because now all the sudden you made a hybrid QoT more possible Open QoT possible in all aspects and Closed QoT good enough to scale to endgame.
Ah compost... not enough of a bonus and if you do away with uproot it's useless. Now we buffed open QoT we need a buff for QoT's bramble shield and vulnerability to stuns. When stunned she is pretty much screwed 90% of the time because she can't heal and bramble shield is gone in 1 second in late game so this would need to be a usefull buff with a level 15 that makes it worthwhile. Now you could go pure bramble thorns and by level 10 be godly with your support which is what I wanted as a possibility but lacking the now buffed shamblers and open form abilities you would be damage hindered and very badly.
Nutrient Usage - Various bonus's to QoT's heal spells and resistance to stuns to make it so stuns aren't an insta-kill.
Nutrient Usage level 1 - (level 2 passive)
- Now I want it to stay the same mana to health while giving it some extra oomph. This would be very powerful early game one on one but this advantage would dimish as the game goes on so it's not as OP as I would suggest.
- Cooldown of Bramble Shield and Mulch is reduced by 15% (about 1 second out of the cooldown)
Nutirent Usage level 2 - (level 5 passive)
- Gaining mulch at this point and if you are going suppor this would be a skill to save up and get with mulch.
- Nutrients mulched form shamblers disperse healing nearby allies for the same amount as the damage done. (So not particuallarly much but significant as the game goes on scaling well good for keeping your creeps alive so maybe your giants don't die as fast so usefull end game)
- Bramble thorns and mulch shamblers cost 15% less mana.
Nutrient Usage level 3 - (Level 8 passive)
- Increase of abilities
- Bramble thorns and mulch shamblers cost 30% less mana.
- Mulch gains increased range aroudn shambler mulched.
The Queen of Thorns - (level 15 passive)
- Now at this point the previous buffs just aren't enough to scale bramble shield so this is mainly a buff for it.
- More increased range for mulch around shambler mulched.
- Bramble thorns cost is reduced by 40% and can be cast while stunned.
- When QoT dies all allies within 30 yards (including creeps) gain a bramble shield absorbing 400 damage. (The animation for this would be very small.)
Now this would buff support QoT so that endgame she is usefull while breaking some of the need of mana items makeing it possible to actually get other items. Now her damage would be absolutely horrible besides mulch but if you focus in this you shouldn't be expecting high damage. I wanted to make a demigod that could be full on support when needed.
A shoutout to Gkrit for giving me the idea on this through his many posts regarding QoT.
I hope you guys like it. I'm almost afraid to post this and see the infinite wall of text that stands before me. If you got to this part you probally have some questions so feel free to ask and I will respond to the best of my ability.
And Gkrit gave me a good idea and with his permission his post has been added below. You can read the post in context by reading through replies
early creep waves consists of about 7 creeps. Now if you lvl1 ground spikes (250dmg) them, the 5% vampiric in total will give you 87.5 health. now thats barely your full health.
last lvl ground spikes (625 dmg and 5% vamp) killing 9 creeps, ull gain 281 health when using the skill.
>> Thats still barely "full health"and would only take 1.5 auto attacks to rid you of that health just gained. Its effectiveness would increase nicely with narmoths, but the expense is 4000 gold. Worth the money now?...
last lvl ground spikes (625 dmg and 13% vamp) killing 9 creeps, ull gain 731 health when using the skill.
>> Thats half of heal. Consider this skill as an alternate functionality to surge of faith. Surge of faith boosts nearby allies' movemetn and attack speed, but it comboes up nicely with that skill line that grants health and mana with each kill you make.
ALSO, think about it for a bit, say if your losing and creeps are raping at ur citadel, a qot could effectively push them back now giving ur team a chance to recover from the tough situation coz it SCALES BETTER late game. NOW THAT could be a unique ability for QoT.
**youd have to hit roughly 18 creeps to get to about sednas last heal strength. To me that seems like a nice easy balance.
I know sedna doesnt do mass aoe dmg when she heals (ignoring the 200 dmg she deals at last lvl), but she can negate all debuffs and that itself is VERY powerful and can mean life from death.