The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Another hacker evidence or a common error

By on October 24, 2009 12:29:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just (not) finished a game we would have won if we didn't got an error window we all know. i asked one of the opponents about being hacked as it happened near the end. he asnwered it is a common error when you control the flag. well, we controlled all but 2 flags (or 3).

although i visit this forums quite frequently i never heared of this error being related to controlling the flag. in fact i never had this error at this point up to now. i got it due to leaving players as substitution for the formaly desync error or never.

so, is this a know reason for this error? if so it is game breaking. if not i will provide names and data of this game to investigate who maybe hacked it due to bitter losing as there was a related discussion at beginning of the game taht could have been a reason.

+11 Karma | 14 Replies
October 24, 2009 4:44:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some people specualte that it is tied to when the anoucer says "the forces of XXXX controll the map".  I have had it happen once or twice to coincide with this utterance, but I do not think they are connected. 

October 24, 2009 5:13:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ive seen it 3 or 4 times all when someone leaves with that setup (controlling all but 2/3 flags), some people cant take a loss :/

October 24, 2009 5:26:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had a perfect FORCES OF LIGHT CONTROL THE MAP desync today. It could just be that the hackers decided to do it at that time to create the illusion that the audio file breaks it (GPG dev Sorian cannot repro it locally). But, its happened to me a few times before at that time, so I do think it is an issue.

(sorry for grammar, apostrophe key broken).

October 24, 2009 5:48:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

maybe it has something to do with the game language, I know that if the game isnt set to english (especially know on 'polish' setting) that it sometimes creates desyncs on certain announcements.

October 24, 2009 9:44:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the english game.  I have seen this happen a few times, but not enough to cinvince me.  And I have never seen it when the other team is winning.  I think that its just a coincidence.

October 24, 2009 9:47:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just (not) finished a game we would have won if we didn't got an error window we all know. i asked one of the opponents about being hacked as it happened near the end. he asnwered it is a common error when you control the flag. well, we controlled all but 2 flags (or 3).

although i visit this forums quite frequently i never heared of this error being related to controlling the flag. in fact i never had this error at this point up to now. i got it due to leaving players as substitution for the formaly desync error or never.

so, is this a know reason for this error? if so it is game breaking. if not i will provide names and data of this game to investigate who maybe hacked it due to bitter losing as there was a related discussion at beginning of the game taht could have been a reason.

Yes, this happens sometimes when the announcer says "The forces of X control the map". Or "The forces of X are halfway to the goal" for example. So far we and Sorian couldn't reproduce this bug though, so no fix in sight yet.

October 24, 2009 9:48:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

People that hack the game just do it when they are about to lose. and when you are going to win, u usually control the map (on cataract). For 10 minutes or 5 whatever, u are controlling most of the flags and the announcer says many times "THE FORCES OF XXXX CONTROL THE MAP!". many times. so it is just a coincidence that they hack the game with desync just then.

Because they are losing. and the best time to hack so it desyncs is when they are about to lose.

Ergo, when u control the map and it is impossible to come back and recover from their low war score or smth.

Or they simply want u to think it is due to the audio files of the game and stuff. Bullshit

October 25, 2009 2:38:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Because they are losing. and the best time to hack so it desyncs is when they are about to lose.

This is sadly often the case.  Again I'll add that desyncs can be induced (to cheat), but can occur without someone pulling a fast one because of connection issues. 

Even though some believe the error is related to total flag control, I don't, in any way, believe this to be the case.  If I had any say in the matter, I'd rather Sorian not be investigating this supposed flag control bug as I don't think it will yield any results.  I looked into it thinking perhaps it might exist and be related to different language versions of the game, but that does not appear to be the case either. 

Also, I'd think we might be better off with this https://forums.demigodthegame.com/364809 being looked into and fixed. 

October 25, 2009 3:07:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I mostly play with in Australian community and never had desync from flag control. So I assume its forced desync or only happening with different language settings (assuming all Australians are using english).

October 25, 2009 4:54:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

This is sadly often the case.  Again I'll add that desyncs can be induced (to cheat), but can occur without someone pulling a fast one because of connection issues. 

Even though some believe the error is related to total flag control, I don't, in any way, believe this to be the case.  If I had any say in the matter, I'd rather Sorian not be investigating this supposed flag control bug as I don't think it will yield any results.  I looked into it thinking perhaps it might exist and be related to different language versions of the game, but that does not appear to be the case either. 

Also, I'd think we might be better off with this https://forums.demigodthegame.com/364809 being looked into and fixed. 
I find it highly unlikely that different players would always intentionally cause this error at the exact same moment in many different games.

October 25, 2009 8:38:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

Quoting pacov, reply 8

Also, I'd think we might be better off with this https://forums.demigodthegame.com/364809 being looked into and fixed. I find it highly unlikely that different players would always intentionally cause this error at the exact same moment in many different games.

But it doesnt happen always only when the announcer says this message.

It has happened to me without controling the map.

October 25, 2009 8:43:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,
But it doesnt happen always only when the announcer says this message.

It has happened to me without controling the map.
No one is saying, that desyncs only happen in this particular situation. Desyncs can be caused by a number of things.

October 25, 2009 9:00:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,

Quoting morpheas768, reply 11But it doesnt happen always only when the announcer says this message.

It has happened to me without controling the map.No one is saying, that desyncs only happen in this particular situation. Desyncs can be caused by a number of things.

True

October 25, 2009 5:28:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I find it highly unlikely that different players would always intentionally cause this error at the exact same moment in many different games.

But the error doesn't always occur at the exact same moment in many different games.  And if you trigger a desync, the desync does not occur immediately.  Just my 2 cents, but I don't think this is a bug.  I, of course, could be completely wrong, but as I mentioned, my thought is that issues like the infinite connectivity screen might be a better focus of the very limited resources (that I'm aware of) for bug fixes than a potential bug that can't be consistently replicated... especially with the infinite connectivity screen existing as a direct result of 1.19.  To me, so long as anyone could force a desync, fixing a potential instance where desyncs might naturally occur doesn't really need to be a high priority. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.