The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Stats are so "AWESOME", just 3 examples

By on October 24, 2009 12:33:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Player GodHamachi:

played one Pantheon game, 4v4, 7 AIs in his game, he earned 178 exp-points for the Pantheon-ladder and 37 points for the Overall-ladder.

Player OverlordNike

played two Pantheon games, both 4v4, both with 7 AIs, her earned 250 exp-points for the Pantheon-ladder and 20 points for the Overall-ladder.

Player mercerb

played 4 Pantheon games, he lost 2 games, 2v2 against humanplayers, and he won 2 games against AIs, as result he have now 1218 exp-points in the Pantheon-ladder and 999 at the Overall-ladder.

Stats are just a joke, looks like nothing has changed in the last 6 month

Why is it impossible to show us how much points we won/loss for each game we played to each player in opponent team???

The 24 hour update of the ladder is very disappointing too.

Is there a maximum/miniumum amount of exp-points u can win/loose in one game???????

I only chosen this 3 players, because they played less games, so it is easier to show the stats problem. I dont want to flame anyone of them.

+1 Karma | 3 Replies
October 24, 2009 1:40:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's true, the stat system needs a total workover.  The current experience system doesn't make much sense at all.  So far, our only real indicator of skill is win % and games played, but it's really unreliable.  It encourages noob bashing and making unfair teams.  If the game had a proper rating system, stronger players might be as inclined to noob bash since they'd gain relatively nothing, and decent players would be less afraid of good premades, since they have much more to gain from winning.  It would also help integrate noobs into the competitive gaming field, since having a low rated noob wouldn't just be a liability, it would increase the amount of rank you gain if you win.

I don't understand why companies lately don't just implement the ELO rating system that has been used in a lot of older RTS games.  It worked perfectly, and it would be great for Demigod.

October 24, 2009 7:49:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i agree, i play for a good position in ladder is a motivation , but is a joke , players with 4 games playing with AI´s  have the same points like a person with 50 games

Sorry for my english, i just learning

Greetings

October 24, 2009 8:33:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No. It's an approximation.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000093   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.