The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Artifacts...Am I missing something? Yes.

By on October 23, 2009 8:19:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, so maybe the info is somewhere here on the forum and I've missed it (probably is knowing my luck) , but here's my predicament:

I play for fun, but I also love winning, so I read the forums as often as I can-- anyway, my favorite games are big battles (4v4, 5v5 if it were playable) and I sometimes find myself with enough gold to dabble at the arty shop (especially if the war score isnt high enough to buy creep upgrades) so I was wondering if there is a go-to list for which artifacts are best for which demis-- mid game and late game-- and if not could someone compile one and post it? (maybe including multiple artifacts per demi just to show me the indestructable demi)

P.S.  Yes, I know most games dont get that far, but I dont play 'pro 3v3 cata' every game.  I play for fun (although I will admit getting stomped isnt fun)

+1 Karma | 8 Replies
October 23, 2009 8:33:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mage slayer

Ashkandor

Bulwark of Ages

Giant's girdle

All Fathers ring

those are the best ones imo.

October 23, 2009 8:50:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Orb of veiled Storms for sedena, gives her more hp per second, more attack speed, and a nice AoE that she clearly lacks.

October 23, 2009 9:56:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Both helpful, thanks a lot. 

Shiro: yeah, i've read that about those-- I'm just wondering what order to get which ones with which demi if a game ever comes to that (i guess max three cause even in a 'for fun, or one-sided non conceder game' i've never been able to get more than that).

October 23, 2009 10:59:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I actually think the cloak of elvenkind ends up being the best artifact based on cost/benefit analysis.  It does... A LOT of good things.

October 23, 2009 11:08:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting yeahneil,
Both helpful, thanks a lot. 

Shiro: yeah, i've read that about those-- I'm just wondering what order to get which ones with which demi if a game ever comes to that (i guess max three cause even in a 'for fun, or one-sided non conceder game' i've never been able to get more than that).
On exile which is the map I play I get to multi artifact lvl 15 stage atleast 25% of the games I play (on Exile)

Which artifact to get really depends on the situation say if they have giants out and your team has aoe problems Giant's Girdle gives you a cleave atk and nice hp bonus.

If your having a bit of a problem hitting big Buy ashkandor and mageslayer for a hard hitter with tons of life steal.

If your taking to much damage and can't go outta your base buy Bulwark of Ages it reduces ALL damage even spells by 25% really nice.

And for the Ring well....I haven't used it much cuz I buy a ton of lower cost artifacts but it's awesome.

October 24, 2009 11:15:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, cool, so I guess it is generally accepted that the 2-3 artifacts one should get are dependent more on the game situation rather than the demi?

Thats fine, and thanks for the help, I was just looking more for a "beast/oak/sed/ere is indestructable with bulwark, girdle, ashkandor....U get those with him, u should never, ever, ever, (ever) die" kind of advice.

October 24, 2009 11:26:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mageslayer is very good if you have auto attack regulus build.

Elvish cloak is very good if you are playing sedna and just want to dash around the map capping flags lategame.

October 25, 2009 1:44:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All of the artifacts are good in the right situation. (I know not helpful but its true)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.