The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Oakasaurus Vs Minion Oak

Fun fight

By on October 23, 2009 2:52:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This shows what I like to call Oakasaurus Vs. PeterDumptrucks minion oak which is highly annoying, it can ripe you appart in a few secounds. Oh this also shows me Vs peter for all the people who think we constantly play on the same team. We just vs each other twice.

Funnest game I have played in a while:

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=99223

+28 Karma | 8 Replies
October 23, 2009 7:29:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dont like the missing flexiblitiy of the full moral build. I like the assasin build and I like hybrid. Minion is good for holding position and tower killing, but the minions are too slow/stupid for chasing.

October 23, 2009 2:03:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I posted this to show to different highly playable oak builds. I just thought that we both executed our builds very well.

October 23, 2009 6:41:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeh i agree, minion build sucks at chasing, you need someone else to do it. Just played peter's build though and I really think erebus would be much better for the way he plays.

October 23, 2009 9:52:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some low cost items are very effectiv for their price (I'm thinking: Scaled, Scalemail, Banded). Instead of having 3 or 4 empty slot I suggest filling up all slots, then replacing one item at a time.

The assasin oak has alot of diversity and counter measuring, and buffs against the minions. The problem of full focus minion build is that you won't get any of these for a very long time. I believe it's worth it to sacrifices some damage for more survivability (shield), maybe soulpower I. I'd cut down on Moral/Pestilence to get these. Also I suggest getting the +10 dmg favor item. It's like 2 levels of Moral.

I honestly haven't tried this, but I think a hybrid having more survivability and only minor dps losses on the minions side could work. What you also want to do with a DPS-monster is constantly push buildings, therefore forcing the enemy to come to you, which in return disburdens the other team members.

October 24, 2009 2:57:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Archon_Saar,
yeh i agree, minion build sucks at chasing, you need someone else to do it. Just played peter's build though and I really think erebus would be much better for the way he plays.

He usually does play as erebus but he has started using oak because the spirits I believe do more damage because more can swarm you at a time than nightwalkers.

October 24, 2009 8:57:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But if you get maxspirits you should get atleast soul power I

October 24, 2009 9:32:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've noticed something odd. Once Oak reaches higher levels, he can have 8 spirits out with only 1 point in Raise Dead Ward. I'm not sure at what level this occurs. Can anyone else confirm this?

October 24, 2009 11:52:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When I play oak, I tend to play max minion. The only flexibility I give up is Shield which I know is a staple for most oak players. Penetence is used to help chase DGs. Having another DG to help box in or slow the opposing DG really helps but is not necessary for minion oak.

Minion Erebus has an easier time than minion Oak for two reasons. Nightcrawlers have more hp and deal more damage than spirits. Nightcrawlers don't require planting flags to summon.

The advantage Spirits have is that they are flying unites and can take a straight line to their designated target. This can make it easier to chase or allow you to take out targets deep in enemy territory. I've won a few fortress games by sending spirits in against enemy fortresses. Yes, nightcrawlers can do this too but not as well since they have to walk there.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.