The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Anatomy of a Rage Quit Post

By on October 22, 2009 7:52:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've noticed many people are rage quitting Demigod recently and making posts here about their feelings. Follow these few simple steps and you'll feel better about that $40 Stardock and GPG stole from you.

1) Expletives. The more the merrier. I would suggest an average of atleast 6 sentence enhancers in your post. Bonus points for made up words that sound mean, or using higgledy piggledy.

2) Make sure to mention Frogboy specifically. Make it feel that Stardock's work is not appreciates. In fact, I recommend explaining how Stardock and GPG do nothing all day and don't care about Demigod.

3) You need to mention Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends. You get extra credit if you actually move on to play one of those two games. Make sure to really let Stardock know just how much better those two games are and Stardock and GPG should be ashamed of Demigod. Bonus points if you still chime in now and then in other threads about how either of those two games does X better.

4) The bugs. You need to list the bugs that specifically annoy you whether they are real or not. Because those 100s game breaking bugs just got to you. This is of course, the buggiest game you've ever played right?

5) And the connections. You need to talk about how it takes atleast 40 minutes to get a game going. Make sure to cross reference Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends and despite those games being free to play and being open to anyone who wants in, more people play it and it takes about 1/2 a second to get a game going in those games.

And that's it. Implement those 5 points in your post and your rage quit should be received well by the community. Happy rage quitting! We want to hear your posts, because the community cares so much about what games you prefer.

(Disclosure: I have nothing but respect for Stardock and GPG on their work of Demigod. This is my attempt at whimsical humor)

+37 Karma | 9 Replies
October 22, 2009 8:28:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

anatomy of defending your choice to continue playing:

1.) You must enjoy waiting 40 minutes for a game

2.) The bugs.  You must embrace the love as you don't get to properly finish 1/3 games or more after waiting the 40 minutes due to a disconnect / invalid gamestate error

Am I doing it right? 

I don't really care about your other reasons..

October 22, 2009 8:57:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is my attempt at whimsical humor

hehe

October 22, 2009 10:56:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Continuing from RAWR:

3)  You must indoctrinate yourself with the mantra that lag is the players' fault, not the game's, even though no other game lags like Demigod.

4)  You're a minimalist person - you just don't need all the extra features of modern mulitplayer games - like votekick, swapping slots in the lobby, and robust handling of disconnects.

5)  You love desyncs.  What better way to end a game than for the whole thing to break at any random moment and tell you its going to quit in 10 seconds?

October 23, 2009 12:14:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

5) And the connections.
Back when I was in the air force I had to live in a dormitory. Warcraft 3 came out during that time and I had to play it on dialup, sharing a connection with my roommate...

AND IT WORKED FINE. Two players could play Warcraft 3 simultaneously on 56k, when you to criticize people on broadband for bitching about DG lag you just sound like a fanboy. It's a massive problem, it's f'ing 2009 already. Stop trying to blame players for GPG's massive mistake.

October 23, 2009 4:22:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,

5) And the connections.Back when I was in the air force I had to live in a dormitory. Warcraft 3 came out during that time and I had to play it on dialup, sharing a connection with my roommate...

AND IT WORKED FINE. Two players could play Warcraft 3 simultaneously on 56k, when you to criticize people on broadband for bitching about DG lag you just sound like a fanboy. It's a massive problem, it's f'ing 2009 already. Stop trying to blame players for GPG's massive mistake.

To be fair I have high speed internet, but not what is considered Broadband... And I, I repeate I dont have connection issues.

October 23, 2009 5:02:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting tperge,
To be fair I have high speed internet, but not what is considered Broadband... And I, I repeate I dont have connection issues.
But that ignores the nature of this service. Your connection can be fine, but naturally you play at the speed of the slowest player. Now I certainly had some agonizingly laggy games of Starcraft, but nonetheless the average player of WCIII or SC was able to play with far fewer issues than the average DG player, which meant that you could go for days straight without having to endure a problematic game.

Frogboy has acknowledged that mystery lag is one of their top priorities, and I'm glad that he has, but I still place a lot of blame on GPG for setting this game up the way they did. It's frustrating.

October 23, 2009 5:17:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've noticed many people are rage quitting Demigod recently and making posts here about their feelings. Follow these few simple steps and you'll feel better about that $40 Stardock and GPG stole from you.

1) Expletives. The more the merrier. I would suggest an average of atleast 6 sentence enhancers in your post. Bonus points for made up words that sound mean, or using higgledy piggledy.

2) Make sure to mention Frogboy specifically. Make it feel that Stardock's work is not appreciates. In fact, I recommend explaining how Stardock and GPG do nothing all day and don't care about Demigod.

3) You need to mention Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends. You get extra credit if you actually move on to play one of those two games. Make sure to really let Stardock know just how much better those two games are and Stardock and GPG should be ashamed of Demigod. Bonus points if you still chime in now and then in other threads about how either of those two games does X better.

4) The bugs. You need to list the bugs that specifically annoy you whether they are real or not. Because those 100s game breaking bugs just got to you. This is of course, the buggiest game you've ever played right?

5) And the connections. You need to talk about how it takes atleast 40 minutes to get a game going. Make sure to cross reference Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends and despite those games being free to play and being open to anyone who wants in, more people play it and it takes about 1/2 a second to get a game going in those games.

And that's it. Implement those 5 points in your post and your rage quit should be received well by the community. Happy rage quitting! We want to hear your posts, because the community cares so much about what games you prefer.

(Disclosure: I have nothing but respect for Stardock and GPG on their work of Demigod. This is my attempt at whimsical humor)

Indeed

October 23, 2009 10:03:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just out of curiosity, how much would it cost to implement client/server architecture?

This is on topic, since it seems to be the main difference that hon/lol have compared with Demigod. From an ignoring the content, graphics and playerbase view.

Would it really be that expensive with what remains of the playe base now?

October 23, 2009 10:09:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dunno, I wonder how much of the proxy infrastructure could be converted to it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.