The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

some info

By on October 20, 2009 8:22:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

-Don't go over capped flag, cap it from the side that is closer to your escape route.Unless you are baiting or you are sure it is safe.

-Use fake tps to save your friends. For example: your ub has low health and runing away to base. He is on gold flag and oak is chasing. If he can make it without you getting there, sometimes it is just better to show tp to scare them off and then cancel it. keep your tp and your position in map.

-Play in an angle that you see the whole map.Zoom in and out.

-Bait, using consumables(sigil,pot..).

-check opponents levels and know their possible average DPS. Stay or run according to this information. Of course know yours and your teammates as well. 

-Hp flag is usually more important on cataract, when it is a mirror match. Still the exp flag is the most beneficial.

-Use your consumables at the right time, you can aggro damage from your friends and bait more by doing last minute. but beware of stun and sudden death. Count enemy's CD's if you can. Focus on important ones like, grasp, pen, charm, pounce.

-as mentioned earlier in many guides try to use your interrupts wisely.

-Exchanging kills can be advantage as well. late game can be used to buy troops when leading on warscore. This can aslo be done depending on depending on DG setup.

+7 Karma | 9 Replies
October 20, 2009 1:07:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All good tips, let me add a few in the same vein:

- Don't let people interrupt your flag locks: Level 3 shield by oak, or a well placed mass charm will give you a window large enough to get off a flag lock unperterbed. Especially important if owning that flag. Even 'faking' by using a healing potion or starting the lock and cancelling to draw out the pounce/penitence/etc can be valuable.

- Buy the gold upgrade immediately when you get warscore 3.  It is just that good.

- Different tiers of monk idols do not share a healing cooldown.  That means mix and match your idol monk types when you can.  4 High Bishops isn't as good as 2 high priests and 2 Bishops.

- Save your stuns for the moment the opponent actually runs away. Stunning them before they see your friend coming from behind isn't nearly as useful.

- Be ruthless against unprotected towers, especially if you have monks. Be meek around protected towers.

- Always buy monks or other healing idol minions if available.

- Always kill steal if possible. You never know when they'll blink, invuln, heal, etc.

October 20, 2009 5:32:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zechnophobe,
All good tips, let me add a few in the same vein:
 - Always kill steal if possible. You never know when they'll blink, invuln, heal, etc.

lol no?
well if you have to you have to but try to go for the assist if possible

I guess this only relates to regulus since he's the only char that can really killsteal, just go for the assist

October 20, 2009 8:12:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What I mean is that just because someone else is going to LIKELY get the killing blow, a little overkill is better than a little underkill.

October 20, 2009 9:34:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zechnophobe,
What I mean is that just because someone else is going to LIKELY get the killing blow, a little overkill is better than a little underkill.

Exacly when I play with a reg I dont care if he always gets the kills. As long as he helps with cit upgrades.  I would rather have a sure kill, and get the assist than give them a chance to get away.

October 20, 2009 11:11:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exacly when I play with a reg I dont care if he always gets the kills. As long as he helps with cit upgrades. I would rather have a sure kill, and get the assist than give them a chance to get away.

uh huh ksing isnt a big deal. when i get lucky and get almost all the kills i usually start buying items for my teamates and dropping them WAAAY behind the tower line.

October 21, 2009 12:09:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting tperge,

Quoting Zechnophobe,
reply 3

Exacly when I play with a reg I dont care if he always gets the kills. As long as he helps with cit upgrades.  I would rather have a sure kill, and get the assist than give them a chance to get away.
Yes, actually I have never been in a game yet where someone complained about Kill Stealing. When I was new I did it a few times and always apologized to my teammates who said it was no problem.

It is better to steal and get Kill+Assist+sure kill than not and just get Kill+not as certain kill.

October 21, 2009 12:42:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

-Don't go over capped flag, cap it from the side that is closer to your escape route.Unless you are baiting or you are sure it is safe.

-Use fake tps to save your friends. For example: your ub has low health and runing away to base. He is on gold flag and oak is chasing. If he can make it without you getting there, sometimes it is just better to show tp to scare them off and then cancel it. keep your tp and your position in map.

-Play in an angle that you see the whole map.Zoom in and out.

-Bait, using consumables(sigil,pot..).

-check opponents levels and know their possible average DPS. Stay or run according to this information. Of course know yours and your teammates as well. 

-Hp flag is usually more important on cataract, when it is a mirror match. Still the exp flag is the most beneficial.

-Use your consumables at the right time, you can aggro damage from your friends and bait more by doing last minute. but beware of stun and sudden death. Count enemy's CD's if you can. Focus on important ones like, grasp, pen, charm, pounce.

-as mentioned earlier in many guides try to use your interrupts wisely.

-Exchanging kills can be advantage as well. late game can be used to buy troops when leading on warscore. This can aslo be done depending on depending on DG setup.

Good tips

October 21, 2009 1:43:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The only time a kill steal is unacceptable is when you actually start delaying attacks to finish opponents off... but even then if you're oak that's fine with me, I'll glady take the 1k heal and mana.

October 22, 2009 1:07:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,
The only time a kill steal is unacceptable is when you actually start delaying attacks to finish opponents off... but even then if you're oak that's fine with me, I'll glady take the 1k heal and mana.

Ya that Divine Justice is nice with oak

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000547   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.