The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Sol

The Ever Shining

By on October 18, 2009 1:30:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

New demigod that I came up with:

Name: Sol

Type: Assassin, Forces of Light

Apperence:

A: Looks like Blaze from mortal kombat 5 (no shakles or anything, plain and simple fire elemental)

B: Giant red sun, with appearance “A” inside

Pros: Excellent recovery ability, Large pool of mana

Cons: Extreme stats (either very low endurance (health, amor) and high magic(mana, count down for abilities), or low magic and high endurence), Main abilities can harm his allies and heal his enemies

Backstory: Before the casting of The Progenitor, there was no night and no day, only a grey ambience with a never changing dull lighting. Once The Progenitor was cast, he became the night, and to see his path he brought forth a star, but the star’s light intensity was too strong and he was unable to use it for his means, as he could not approach it. He tried making more stars many times, taking pieces of his insides to make them, in hopes that one might come out at just the right intesity. He never stopped until the cosmos twinkled non-stop and he was not entirely whole, making him very fatigued. He saw how he couldn’t go back to his world, within a cluster of stars, to rest for he could not approach the stars as together their light was too intense, so he separated them and swallowed them to the depths of his bowls where they could not be seen. Eventually he returned to the world that he was banished to and saw how a single star lit half the world, the other half was his, so he hid behind the world and it turned, and like a hunting lion he awaited for the human prays to shroud themselves in his darkness and strengthen him as he swallowed them too. He would not eat this star, for it was the last one, he was to weak to create more, and maybe he would eventually be able use it for his means. The story goes that a very wise man knew of this fallen ancient, and he did not want the ancient destroying the people he cared for, so he used the power of his voice through the Solfeggio Frequencie of Awakening to awaken the only star which pushed away the darkness. It is said that the frequency was “SOL” and once the people heard the frequency throughout the land and they saw the star’s reaction, they named it Sol. The old man’s frequency echoed to the outside of the universe and even the ancient’s heard it. The ancients had been resting after the struggle against The Progenitor; as they woke up, they realized that that The Progenitor needed to be stopped once and for all. The Ancients decided to obtain another one of them, so they called forth back to the old man’s cries, and all of the beings within the universe heard their call, even Sol. In Sol’s attempt to shine through the darkness he tried to intensify his light by swallowing other powerful beings, joinging the tournament was the best plan he had. The old man looked back to the people and how some of them went to the shadows on purpose; he gave up on them, and followed Sol’s light.

Abilities – Active:

Hotkey 1: Sunrise – 5 Lvls. – 2000 mana - 2/2/1/1/4 CT - 14/14/10/10/20 CD – Sol intensifies his light and heals all units around him (both allies and enemies, also himself) by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% base health for 10/10/8/8/12 secs (he cannot move while this ability is in effect, does not affect structures, increases sight radious by 4 yards)

Hoteky 2: Sunset – 5 Lvls. – 2000 mana -  2/2/1/1/4 CT - 14/14/10/10/20 CD – Sol hinders his light and lets the darkness harm all units around him (both allies and enemies, also himself) by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% base health for 10/10/8/8/12 secs (he cannot move while this ability is in effect, does not affect structures, decreases light radious by 2 yards).

Hotkey 3: Solar Flare – 3 Lvls. – 7%/14%/25% his current mana-  4/3/2/1/instant CT - 20/22/24/24/20 CD – Sol expels 4/8/12 loops of fire from his body harming 25%/50%/75% of the units around him (includes allies and all structures) which return the burn matter as health. Increases all harmed units' speed by 2/4/8.

Hotkey 4: Red Giant (Requires Sol at level 8 or 15, not sure) - instant CT - 40 CD - Sol’s health , armor, and range is 4x larger, attack speed and movement speed are down to 4, absorbs all damage for 8 secs, then drains 2% health for 20 secs. Mana is fully restored. Drains 5% base mana per second. Lasts as long as he has mana left and cannot be canceled in any other manner. All abilities get a faster count down (reduced to one fourth of the original amount) and wider range (+4 yards). (Changes his appearance from “A” to “B”)

Abilities – Passive:

Sunshine (Requires Sunrise and Sunset at level 5) - 2 Lvls: add 240,402 damage to Sol’s max attack.(so at level 20 he would have 200-802 attack)

Light of Dawn – 2 Lvls: Every time player's death count reaches zero, and Sol returns to playing field after death, all friendly demigods gain 200/2000 health. All enemy demigods loose 200/2000 health (those with 200/2000, or less will be killed). Reveals the map for 14/20 sec.

Solar Plexus: Allows Sol’s light to reflect 20% damage done to all allies in his line of sight (Appearance change: light radiating off of Sol is intensified, brighter)

White Dwarf (requires Red Giant) - If Sol dies as a Red Giant, a white dwarf star remains at his place of death. At his time of death, all units and structures (both allied and enemy) in a 20 yard radius receive 400-800 damage instantly. All enemy units (not structures) receives 200 damage every second until Sol returns to the playing field after death

Ultraviolet Radiation: Sol’s radiation that takes away 2% base health from all enemies in his line of sight, and healing all allies for 4% current health in his line of sight.

STATS: Beginning level, Last level

HP: 2000>>4000 (Divide max hp on lvl 20, 4000, and you would get how much hp he gets per lvl up)
MP: 40000>>40000 (divide by 20)
Armor: 200>>400 (divide by 20)
Damage: 200-200>>200-400 (divide by 20)
Attack Speed: 1.44
Range: 20 yards
Movement Speed: 8 

Tell me, what do you think of this demigod in the game? (Don't hold anything back!)

0 Karma | 6 Replies
October 18, 2009 8:36:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

400,000 mana?

October 18, 2009 8:58:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Light of Dawn – 2 Lvls: Every time Sol is revided from death, all friendly demigods gain 200,2000 health. All enemy demigods loose 200,2000 health (those with 200,2000, or less will be killed)

how exactly does this work, since ppl cant be revived from a skill and there is no corpse to target.

but i think the whole concept needs a slight restructure.

i got a diff function for solar flare though.

Solar Flare
3 sec cast time
Recharge: 28 secs

Any enemy units/demigods hidden due to the fog of war, are revealed. All enemies on the map recieve 100/200/400 dmg and their movement speed is decreased by 3%/7%/12%.

October 20, 2009 3:29:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,

Light of Dawn – 2 Lvls: Every time Sol is revided from death, all friendly demigods gain 200,2000 health. All enemy demigods loose 200,2000 health (those with 200,2000, or less will be killed)

how exactly does this work, since ppl cant be revived from a skill and there is no corpse to target.

but i think the whole concept needs a slight restructure.

i got a diff function for solar flare though.

Solar Flare
3 sec cast time
Recharge: 28 secs

Any enemy units/demigods hidden due to the fog of war, are revealed. All enemies on the map recieve 100/200/400 dmg and their movement speed is decreased by 3%/7%/12%.

How about this:

Light of Dawn reveals the map for EVERYONE for 14/20 secs, and heals all allied demigods for 200/2000 health. It damages enemy demigods for 200/2000 health. THIS ABILITY IS PASSIVE, BUT IT'S EFFECT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN SOL DIES AND THE DEATH COUNT REACHES ZERO AND HE RETURNS TO THE PLAYING FIELD.

I dont think solar flare should get revelation abilities as it will be used way too often, causing major unbalance issues. I think solar flare should be left alone, other then your idea of the speed increase, I think that makes perfect sense so I added it to the character concept!

thank you for you input, you have been very helpful!!!    ^^

~Nova

October 25, 2009 1:17:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How about a suicide skill called "Dwarf Star" in which he instantly reveals the entire map, and deals like max 400 instant damage, then like 1400 DOT, to entire map. His story is kinda weird and fragmented, but its a sweet idea.

October 25, 2009 8:59:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
How about a suicide skill called "Dwarf Star" in which he instantly reveals the entire map, and deals like max 400 instant damage, then like 1400 DOT, to entire map. His story is kinda weird and fragmented, but its a sweet idea.

Thankx for the help, I added the dawrf ability (also tweaked it, but do tell me what you think), and I will work more on the story!

October 25, 2009 7:40:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sweet dude! That would be awsome in play! He could like run over and perpously suicide on like UB and rape the hell out of him!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.