The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigods prepare to go out to the public

By on October 17, 2009 1:44:30 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

image The two new Demigods are getting close finally. And we’re very excited to start playing with them.  Since we’re going to want to do some “play testing” to nail down the balance before they end up being foisted out on everyone, we’ll be releasing an update to Demigod in the next couple of weeks that will allow us to add these new ones to a person’s Demigod account.  They’ll be able to play it online in regular games with others and we’ll see how they work out.  As we nail down balance and such we’ll expand out access to it until everyone who has Demigod can access it.

Locked Post 163 Replies +4
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 17, 2009 1:51:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

October 17, 2009 2:04:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's love at first site!   I assume that this is also testing the ability to make purchaseable demigod's?  (by tying(sp) them to an account)

I can't wait!  Will be great to have a roster of 10 demigods ready to roll!

October 17, 2009 2:42:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

October 17, 2009 2:52:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

-sight  -

I think he looks a bit much like erebus though=(, for the rest very cool!

October 17, 2009 2:58:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

honestly while this is great news, i'm really not sure how i feel about the prospect of joining a game where someone has one of the 2 new demigods to use against me whilst i don't have the option to play them too.

It's hard to focus on balance issues, when the opposition haven't had the chance to play as a character and then know how to effectively counter it.

October 17, 2009 3:01:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been waiting for this for so long. Hopefully I can help out GPG/SD with the balancing.

October 17, 2009 3:02:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Omen, wtf are you talking about? We all get the demigods for free??

October 17, 2009 3:20:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Omen, wtf are you talking about? We all get the demigods for free??
Yes, but before that, some will get the Demigods to test them out.

October 17, 2009 3:22:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait... some people get the new demigods before others and can play with them against people who do not yet have access to them?  Surely you jest.

October 17, 2009 3:24:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, the shoulder pads and physique are very Erebus-like.  However, I'm sure that he'll play differently and has his own animations.

October 17, 2009 3:26:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

count me in for the test! Looks like a recicled erebus, which is cool for me since i love erebus

October 17, 2009 3:28:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait how are you going to choose who to give them too?Will it be random, or win  percent or whatever. I find it unfair that someone is going to use the new general before the rest of us.

October 17, 2009 3:44:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It would be fine if there was a separate beta where new DGs were allowed.  There would be nothing wrong with that.

October 17, 2009 4:13:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome news....he's looking good.

Hopefully can help out with the balance

October 17, 2009 4:14:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, at first the only people who will have them will be people from Stardock and GPG.  From there, it'll be largely people who volunteer and have Ready to Play set up so that we can get ahold of them to try them out.

If you don't already have Ready to Play, sign up on that page with the email your Impulse account is set up on and we'll add you prior to the Demigods being ready for handing out to people.

October 17, 2009 4:28:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been sitting back just watching the forum over the months and I feel it's time to start posting a bit. Really looking forward to using the new demigods, keep up the great work!

October 17, 2009 4:37:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I WANT INZ omgoodness he looks like me new DEMIGODZOR ...i want i want thats all i can say is i want!!!!!!! damn lol he looks so wicked stix ....btw hes very slick compare to erebus, LE is like a tank in comparison.....

while ur here Frog boy check out wipuliwo and tell me what u think of them stats and all the non registerd losses in his profile....

October 17, 2009 4:52:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting eternalspirit23,
I've been sitting back just watching the forum over the months and I feel it's time to start posting a bit. Really looking forward to using the new demigods, keep up the great work!

I got a feeling you are not alone.

October 17, 2009 5:30:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demon Assassin still reamins my favorite. Warp Area is the coolest ability ever.

October 17, 2009 5:45:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

um congrats

you've released 2 new demigods, 0 maps, an overlay, and no extra contact or fixes for the atrocious netcode in the time S2 has released 4-5+ Heroes, features, balance fixes and so on.  Why not just admit the games being abandoned because your sales have sucked due to a poor release, and terrible netcode that you *CANT* fix

none the less, ill try the new DG's cause this game has potential and is fun when it works, very rare, but when you get a game with someone whos lag doesnt bring down the entire game its truly wonderful..such a shame GPG and Stardock dropped it shortly after release for Elemental and so on, clearly not the standard of supporting their games for years cause its still not playable most of the time

October 17, 2009 5:47:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

October 17, 2009 5:59:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Neoauld,
um congrats

you've released 2 new demigods, 0 maps, an overlay, and no extra contact or fixes for the atrocious netcode in the time S2 has released 4-5+ Heroes, features, balance fixes and so on.  Why not just admit the games being abandoned because your sales have sucked due to a poor release, and terrible netcode that you *CANT* fix

none the less, ill try the new DG's cause this game has potential and is fun when it works, very rare, but when you get a game with someone whos lag doesnt bring down the entire game its truly wonderful..such a shame GPG and Stardock dropped it shortly after release for Elemental and so on, clearly not the standard of supporting their games for years cause its still not playable most of the time

What on earth does this have to do with anything? He posted an update, and you posted a downdate. I mean, that's like your kid coming home from school with a pretty picture he made out of macaroni, and then telling him that 'well, that's nice, but you still got a C on your last math test'.  Like past actions somehow make these less cool.

And HoN put out 4-5 hero's? Have you LOOKED at those hero's? Half as many ability, considerably fewer polygons, and due to volume, less need to focus a lot on their balance.  It isn't even comparison.

October 17, 2009 6:05:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

uh Neoauld, this is not the place for individual problems or personal issues. The majority of the players have no problems getting games going and running smoothly bar the odd person with 55kb internet connection or running DG on a calculator. The game is not dead or dying. Please take your offensive self elsewhere.

Also I can't wait to play with or against the new DGs. I'm pretty excited to see just what they can do.

October 17, 2009 6:28:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and when are they going to the public? i'll volunteer and already have 'ready to play' set up and installed.

October 17, 2009 6:40:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Another volunteer with "Ready to Play" account is right here!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time: