The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Creating New Items

By on October 17, 2009 6:42:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think creating new items is probably the most effective way to increase diversity/strategy in Demigod.

They are very easy to make (correct me if im wrong here guys...im not a modder), require only one small artwork picture and can really make a difference in the game. This means we can make loads of them - easily. Right?

Would be awesome to have tons of news item in when modding is introduced.

+26 Karma | 5 Replies
October 17, 2009 6:44:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the biggest problem is balancing, not making them...you can easily make a sword which give 200 damage...but that's not really balanced

October 17, 2009 6:52:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If we all discussed the balance of items here that should make it much easier.

I also think LOTS of other items need serious rebuffing/nerfing/redoing. Would be really cool if there were alternatives to the few viable items that exist.

October 17, 2009 9:42:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd start by making those items that are never used, better for a start. Who gets the 10% XP favor for example? No one. So you could boots it too 15% or 20%. You could give some life like +200, to claim some BoTF users. Health items are so strong and scale so well because of the available MaxHelath effects such as Sigil and Priest. There should be more effects that give +x% damage. Mana Steal/Reduce should be available. Reflect and Shield are cool mods too.

We could make mid cost consumables with OSkills, like a 3s consumable shield, among others.

Just some ideas.

October 18, 2009 1:43:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I imagine that there are plenty of things we can do to make currently useless items relevant. My first mod is going to make all of those useless mana helms useful.

October 18, 2009 7:54:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've got some suggestions in my bug thread... some might be of use.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/354365

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.