The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Countering-Hp Stack

By on October 15, 2009 3:53:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

An item that does extra damage based on the enemies max hp (or even current!).

E.G

GlovesX - +200 mana, +1% Damage (of opponents Max HP).

So this would give +70 damage to a UB with 7k hp and would do only +20 damage vs a 2khp Reg.

Of course figures can be changed (0.8%, 0.2% - whatever).

+26 Karma | 17 Replies
October 15, 2009 4:06:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Personally I think hp stacks are over-rated. In the hands of a pro, it does make DG very hard to kill but pros are hard to kill by definition.

October 16, 2009 12:45:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

SINCE DAY 1 IVE NEVER HP STACKED, I GET ALOT ALOT ALOT OF KILLS (WHEN I PLAYED THE GAME) BUT BARELY DIE, HP STACKING IS FOR LADIES!!!!

October 16, 2009 11:27:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Scream more Ryan. Pretending HP stack is not a problem is bollocks.

October 16, 2009 11:55:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with Ryan. Unless you are going against a well cordinated team with heals and shields, there comes a point in the game where you hit a certain damage threshold and you can totally own hp stackers. Even if they have heals and shields you can trick your opponents into protecting the wrong person and still own them.

Hp stacking gives you an early game advantage but if you fail to capitalize on it you will get owned.

October 16, 2009 5:44:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

YA hp stackiong is worthless, I mean sig of vitiality doesnt make hp stacking uber strong.

October 16, 2009 5:48:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

An item that does extra damage based on the enemies max hp (or even current!).

E.G

GlovesX - +200 mana, +1% Damage (of opponents Max HP).

So this would give +70 damage to a UB with 7k hp and would do only +20 damage vs a 2khp Reg.

Of course figures can be changed (0.8%, 0.2% - whatever).

This is a good mechanical idea for an item. I`m not sure if there is a need for the facility to counter any particular strategy of Demigod play as discussed here, but nonetheless this is a good idea.

October 16, 2009 7:23:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hp stacking creates less diversity in item choice, and therefore makes item choice static and boring.  People not dying is not causing this debate.

October 16, 2009 8:05:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes, thats what bugs me most about the game. i really would like to play another combo than unbreakable, flemish, crown, hauberk and unbreakable and early on these cheaper items, but they are just too good and give too much of a boost for all the things you need. so if i get +weapon damage i would salvage another item thats just better! so perhaps its not the hp-stacking thats too useful, its the damage and attack speed stacking that is far too expensive.

so  from me dalzk. its a good idea though it must be balanced well. 1% propably istn enough later on since you get >30hp/s.

October 16, 2009 8:09:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zygwen,
Personally I think hp stacks are over-rated. In the hands of a pro, it does make DG very hard to kill but pros are hard to kill by definition.

QFT!!!!

learn to team up and gear for team tactics! who is the most focused target? does really any player need hp stackign?

it is not hp stacking the problem. this and calls for overpowerness is what i hear imediatly when someone faces something he cannot handle. don't make it so easy for you. watch ther eplay and start to learn. if you cannot then accomodate with your level.

October 16, 2009 8:11:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You know what the easiest way to address HP stacking would be? Replace the HP flag on Cataract with something else.

October 16, 2009 9:43:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the item in the OP is a good idea. Out of every offensive equip in the gloves category, if this was implemented i would choose this almost every time (if ppl choose to go hp stacking, otherwise id just use slayers wraps).

October 16, 2009 11:02:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hp stacking is no different from anyother strategy, I hate people who spam rooks towers but I'm not trying to get ian item just to battle towers. That's why we og qot , wait I've forgotten the point I was trying to make...

October 16, 2009 11:04:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
I think the item in the OP is a good idea. Out of every offensive equip in the gloves category, if this was implemented i would choose this almost every time (if ppl choose to go hp stacking, otherwise id just use slayers wraps).
Slayer's wraps are expensive and give very little DPS. Why not nature's reckoning?

October 17, 2009 1:15:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,

Quoting gkrit, reply 11I think the item in the OP is a good idea. Out of every offensive equip in the gloves category, if this was implemented i would choose this almost every time (if ppl choose to go hp stacking, otherwise id just use slayers wraps).Slayer's wraps are expensive and give very little DPS. Why not nature's reckoning?

either one im happy with.

October 17, 2009 1:31:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
either one im happy with.
Why? One costs over twice as much as the other and deals significantly less damage.

October 17, 2009 11:32:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HP stacking is too strong because the HP equipment itself is much more useful per cost than attack equipment.  Best solution would be to boost attack stacking through equipment, or nerf HP stacking in the same way.

October 18, 2009 1:56:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,

Quoting gkrit, reply 14either one im happy with.Why? One costs over twice as much as the other and deals significantly less damage.

well for one i was talking about the "gloves" category specifically, natures wreckoning is in the trinkets category. thats why i said wat i said.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000688   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.