The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The world was made in 7 days

map editting

By on October 14, 2009 5:08:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG_blackmage

Join Date 06/2009
+42

I know not if this has been discussed before or is being planned in future update, but I think there are three ways we can improve demigod or create more fun ways of playing. I am not the most literate person so if you got a problem with it than gtfo

1.      1.  Create various channels, beginner, intermediate, and advance in such. This isn’t an uncommon think in mmo games and can give newer players a better fill for a game without having to play games and face insults because they are new. How they advance can be calculated on the amount of games they play and  there win percent, why not everybody seems to care more about it than just enjoying a game anyway.

2.       2. I would like to have a “View as Bystander” option because it would be nice to see how other players play, and see how some of the so called godly players play, or just jump and watch a random game for the hell of it.

3.       3. This is the one that is going to take the most coding and programming but it’s something I believe a game like demigod really should have. A map creation, edit system. Yea you heard me right, a map creation system and no I don’t play halo 3 online. I’m taking about something much more than just place a tower here, place a portal here but a true creation system. We select the battlefields style, have various styles of towers, traps, obstacles to choose from. Than we create the route the creeps will follow and then select all the useless crap just to make our map look flashy.

Problems that we could face with such a feature implemented!

1.  Unjust players creating creeps route that go nowhere near there centidale (I might not have spelled it right.)

2.  Players telling their teammates or exploiting where traps are at, creating secret passages trap free, or special sniping points which can only be accessed through teleportation.

3.   Unjust placement of more traps on enemy side.

Idea’s for map editing

1.       Towers other than the default!

This would be one of the best features I think, being able to create/manipulate towers to create new and more destructive things. Here are a few I can think of off the top of my head.. Not there are some that will have complicated features that could probably be too hard or take too long to code and implement into demigod, but I can dream can’t I?

Torch Tower: The tower has the same head as torchbearer’s staff, it shoots fire out at every direction (or just one direction, player choice) when an enemy comes within range. The damage isn’t high nor is the range far, but it DoT.

Kamekaze towers: Towers that do regular damage and have regular tower hp, but the lower the hp of the tower gets, the more damage it does. Once the towers hp reaches 0, it becomes a sensor bomb which explodes once something within its range move doing massive damage to all enemy units within range.

Rose tower: These towers aren’t offensive but defensive, they blocking pathways and act as guardians only allowing allied units through. The head looks like a rose bud, and the gate is made of vines. When QoT is within a certain range of these towers, her Aoe range and damage is increased.

Spirit tower: Ok this one is one of my personal favorites, these towers use the power of necromancy to summon spirits to tag enemy demigods, Once tagged all stat increasing abilities or items or nullified until that tower is destroyed, and these towers increase the strength  and speed of oak’s spirits when they are in range of them. Each map is limited to two of these towers, one for each side so position fair/wisely. These towers have banners at their top.

Weather control towers: These towers do various effects to the filled which affect every demigod, creep and other towers.

Effects

Rain: Makes the field slippery reduce the speed of all demigods and players, this also weaken TB’s fire damage. Qot’s Shamblers gain regeneration ability from adsorbing the water around them

Snow: Reduces the speed and strength of all organic demigods, strengthens Ice spells and increase their effects, Increases yeti summoning damage and durability.

Earthquake: Damages all buildings over time, damages down by this will not regenerate back and this includes the centidale.

Hurricane: Increase the speed of all demigods not bound to the ground. (meaning demigods who hover naturally or posses a skill that allows them to float or fly won’t be effective during the time the skill is activated.) Increase to cooldown on all skills.

Sunny day: Reduces the cooldown of all skills, increase fire elemental type damage, increase the damage done by QoT thorns, shamblers and damage adsorb by bramble shield.

The weather won’t remain constant, it will randomly be changing as the game progress and only one of these towers are allowed and it’s in the middle of the map. It can be destroyed by either teams but minions won’t target it only demigods can destroy it.

Various traps and effects to the environment…

Well traps will be pretty standard, spikes from the ground random anvils falling from the sky on top of our heads, failed acme rockets blowing us up instead of that wild road runner lol. Ok yea I haven’t put much thoughts into traps yet but they can be implemented.

The following is mostly dream rambling so you can stop reading now if you wish.

Well there are various affects I would actually like to see implemented which could easily change the game play examples…

Rocks hammer slam could affect the environment more, like making pathways unusable, and forcing creeps and players to find other ways around. This could both be used strategically and be overly abused on maps like cataract, where rock takes a flag and then damage both sides making it uncross able except by teleportation and flight. (Lord emo, Angel eye and ghost ri….I mean TB)

Venom spit could be used as a trap on a path way…..seriously it’s spit…

Just about every ice spill should effect the environment but hey moving on..

If anyone should have the biggest affect on the environment, it should be QoT. Ok here goes a mad dreaming ramble so you might want to skip or go get a snack.

Uproot: Should cause roots and vines to grow on buildings and the area, the building becomes useless stuns any enemy demigod or unit that walks into its aoe for a period of time. The affect resets when they leave and will stun again when they walk back into it. At higher levels it should allow QoT to move her shambles around the field like a teleport from one vine building to another and can even affect her own buildings nut not stunning, creating a new time of tower. (Not mentioned above.)

Groundspikes: Pretty much do what they do, but leave debris. (doubt I spelled that right either)

Well if you are still reading this than you deserve a reward, go get yourself a cookie. What that’s not enough than give your self 25 dollars, no wait 50 you deserve it.

Locked Post 18 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 14, 2009 5:39:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can u make it visually easier to read. bolden the name of a topic.  atm its just too muchtext to handle for me. but i looked through some of it and im liking the whole concept. towers with diff roles and weather that effects different things in diff ways. although i dont like the idea of earthquake dishing otu dmg that cant be regenerated.

October 14, 2009 7:21:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
can u make it visually easier to read. bolden the name of a topic.  atm its just too muchtext to handle for me. but i looked through some of it and im liking the whole concept. towers with diff roles and weather that effects different things in diff ways. although i dont like the idea of earthquake dishing otu dmg that cant be regenerated.

I hope that makes it much easier, the whole idea is for us to have a custom maps that we can create, place all this different styles of towers that do different jobs, a destructible and manipulative in game environment which can cause one to instantly have to shift their strategy. I came to these ideas for a couple of reasons:

1. I constantly hear this game being called a dota copy or being compared to it, I have never played dota personally so I for one can’t say. But to me demigod if time a bit more time was put into it which I don’t doubt is still being done, has a capability to be put in a league of its own. Demigod is a good – ok game, everyone wants new characters (heck only characters I play with is QoT, Oak, and recently Tb and ya it kind of shows ,) But there are still some let’s say rogue elements that I think is being left out that can enhance the feeling of the game.

2. Demigod is a RTS, I know I haven’t played too many games or win many at that but from what I have seen in the RTS there has been less S in the games part. I’m not saying it’s not there it has just been harder to find, most strategies revolve around the build which of course is important in how you play. But there has been a lot less in game strategy besides that, mostly all you need to do is farm creeps, upgrade centidale, hold flags you win. Of course it’s not going to be that easy but that’s literally the basis of the entire game and there is not too much wrong with that, well you got to exclude the fact there is no rogue factor that can shift power or cause you to have to quickly change your way of playing. Well what I’m saying the in game lacks something that cause the player to try and adapt.

It has been said plenty of times just sit back and watch how the game goes, and that is true and unless you’re playing someone of equal skill it will either be within the first 10 minutes either you are winning or they are winning and you can sit and watch as much as you want but unless you can pull like so and so kills out your ass or halt your opponent advancements which are unlikely than it’s going to remain a losing battle majority of the game. There are very few games I’ve played where someone came out of nowhere and pulled a victory out there ass… and that game I swear they were premade vs just too random players.

October 14, 2009 8:35:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i see where ur coming from and variation in terms of how the game can be played out would be a unique trait that demigod could use.

ok bak to the weather aspect (coz i like it lol).
maybe there could be a flag for this which controls a 'weather tower'. This is a capturable flag and once captured, that team can decide on a type of weather theyd like to have effect. The chosen weather effect will continue until the flag is neutralised.

October 14, 2009 9:24:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The weather tower was that rogue element I was talking about, no player controls it but both teams can destroy it making the game go back almost to the way it is now. Or both teams can try and go with it know that the different weather changes will affect the entire field. I tried to come up with some situations where the weather tower nerfed some demigods and boosted others, but in the end the ones who could truly work alongside whether elements are those who actually had connections with the elements or nature thus TB and QoT would be the most beneficial. The game already has mist so yea they got Reg’s sniping covered already but a change of weather could remove the mist and turn the field into snipe central which is another fault to the idea.

October 14, 2009 4:23:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some of your ideas are good, but seeing as though it took months to fix sedna's healing wind and fire TB still can't autoattack while moving.. I wouldn't exactly get your hopes up too much on anything being implemented.

October 14, 2009 4:31:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Envix,
Some of your ideas are good, but seeing as though it took months to fix sedna's healing wind and fire TB still can't autoattack while moving.. I wouldn't exactly get your hopes up too much on anything being implemented.
I dont really expect any of it to be implemented it's just my thoughts put down.

October 15, 2009 3:41:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i like the idea of player grouping beginner/intermed/advanced

October 15, 2009 4:30:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting inerz,
i like the idea of player grouping beginner/intermed/advanced

my good friend as u probably already know the chat system in demigod is IRC so all u gotta do to be in a beginners channel is type /channel demigod-au-beginner .... <---something along these lines i guess it dependswhere u come from...

talking about chat (i know its in the wrong topic).... im on my laptop and on telstra wireless internets (shizzle big time but got no choice) for some reason when i go to join chat it does nothing then says ....blah blah blah kicked or some crap due to excess flood... a please explain is placed here for anyone with a idea as to why

p.s these are my real initials in reverse....

October 15, 2009 8:29:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually I looked at that and both beginner and advance chats were empty.

October 15, 2009 9:50:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well the reason for that?....theres no community there....thats what im saying if people wanted it they would make it... do u understand or should i go in more depth?

October 15, 2009 11:02:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting MixMagic,
well the reason for that?....theres no community there....thats what im saying if people wanted it they would make it... do u understand or should i go in more depth?
And why isn't there a community? If you haven't notice this will just go all the way back to the reasons I posted this in the first place.

October 16, 2009 1:10:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,

Quoting MixMagic, reply 10well the reason for that?....theres no community there....thats what im saying if people wanted it they would make it... do u understand or should i go in more depth?And why isn't there a community? If you haven't notice this will just go all the way back to the reasons I posted this in the first place.

oh my goodness mate...ok here... right u go into say /channel demigod-au-beginner stay in there while ur playing...post on the forum to let all begginers know that you are doing this and will be in there all the time...you will see soon enough wether or not other gamers are as keen as you or wether its just as convienient as informing a FULL channel ur hosting a beginners game... yeah?

October 16, 2009 2:29:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting MixMagic,

Quoting synnworld, reply 11
Quoting MixMagic, reply 10well the reason for that?....theres no community there....thats what im saying if people wanted it they would make it... do u understand or should i go in more depth?And why isn't there a community? If you haven't notice this will just go all the way back to the reasons I posted this in the first place.

oh my goodness mate...ok here... right u go into say /channel demigod-au-beginner stay in there while ur playing...post on the forum to let all begginers know that you are doing this and will be in there all the time...you will see soon enough wether or not other gamers are as keen as you or wether its just as convienient as informing a FULL channel ur hosting a beginners game... yeah?

I just wasted 30secs reading a bunch of bluhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you seem to miss the point.

October 16, 2009 2:32:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well is the point u want GPG to make a specific channel for it? because if so its not possible yeah because they use IRC chat so anyone can make any channel yeah? if u have irc u know how it works.

October 16, 2009 3:02:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting MixMagic,
well is the point u want GPG to make a specific channel for it? because if so its not possible yeah because they use IRC chat so anyone can make any channel yeah? if u have irc u know how it works.

check your pm.

October 16, 2009 5:52:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

good point but i think what ur proposing is so gmae changing we know it wont happen...we need to get the patches thta are already in workl b4 these new ideas can even be thought of reaallly..but great idea.

October 16, 2009 6:43:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yea like I said i doubt 99.9% of the stuff in demigod would be put in the game lol.

October 16, 2009 7:23:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
Yea like I said i doubt 99.9% of the stuff in demigod would be put in the game lol.

agreed lol...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time: