I know not if this has been discussed before or is being planned in future update, but I think there are three ways we can improve demigod or create more fun ways of playing. I am not the most literate person so if you got a problem with it than gtfo
1. 1. Create various channels, beginner, intermediate, and advance in such. This isn’t an uncommon think in mmo games and can give newer players a better fill for a game without having to play games and face insults because they are new. How they advance can be calculated on the amount of games they play and there win percent, why not everybody seems to care more about it than just enjoying a game anyway.
2. 2. I would like to have a “View as Bystander” option because it would be nice to see how other players play, and see how some of the so called godly players play, or just jump and watch a random game for the hell of it.
3. 3. This is the one that is going to take the most coding and programming but it’s something I believe a game like demigod really should have. A map creation, edit system. Yea you heard me right, a map creation system and no I don’t play halo 3 online. I’m taking about something much more than just place a tower here, place a portal here but a true creation system. We select the battlefields style, have various styles of towers, traps, obstacles to choose from. Than we create the route the creeps will follow and then select all the useless crap just to make our map look flashy.
Problems that we could face with such a feature implemented!
1. Unjust players creating creeps route that go nowhere near there centidale (I might not have spelled it right.)
2. Players telling their teammates or exploiting where traps are at, creating secret passages trap free, or special sniping points which can only be accessed through teleportation.
3. Unjust placement of more traps on enemy side.
Idea’s for map editing
1. Towers other than the default!
This would be one of the best features I think, being able to create/manipulate towers to create new and more destructive things. Here are a few I can think of off the top of my head.. Not there are some that will have complicated features that could probably be too hard or take too long to code and implement into demigod, but I can dream can’t I?
Torch Tower: The tower has the same head as torchbearer’s staff, it shoots fire out at every direction (or just one direction, player choice) when an enemy comes within range. The damage isn’t high nor is the range far, but it DoT.
Kamekaze towers: Towers that do regular damage and have regular tower hp, but the lower the hp of the tower gets, the more damage it does. Once the towers hp reaches 0, it becomes a sensor bomb which explodes once something within its range move doing massive damage to all enemy units within range.
Rose tower: These towers aren’t offensive but defensive, they blocking pathways and act as guardians only allowing allied units through. The head looks like a rose bud, and the gate is made of vines. When QoT is within a certain range of these towers, her Aoe range and damage is increased.
Spirit tower: Ok this one is one of my personal favorites, these towers use the power of necromancy to summon spirits to tag enemy demigods, Once tagged all stat increasing abilities or items or nullified until that tower is destroyed, and these towers increase the strength and speed of oak’s spirits when they are in range of them. Each map is limited to two of these towers, one for each side so position fair/wisely. These towers have banners at their top.
Weather control towers: These towers do various effects to the filled which affect every demigod, creep and other towers.
Rain: Makes the field slippery reduce the speed of all demigods and players, this also weaken TB’s fire damage. Qot’s Shamblers gain regeneration ability from adsorbing the water around them
Snow: Reduces the speed and strength of all organic demigods, strengthens Ice spells and increase their effects, Increases yeti summoning damage and durability.
Earthquake: Damages all buildings over time, damages down by this will not regenerate back and this includes the centidale.
Hurricane: Increase the speed of all demigods not bound to the ground. (meaning demigods who hover naturally or posses a skill that allows them to float or fly won’t be effective during the time the skill is activated.) Increase to cooldown on all skills.
Sunny day: Reduces the cooldown of all skills, increase fire elemental type damage, increase the damage done by QoT thorns, shamblers and damage adsorb by bramble shield.
The weather won’t remain constant, it will randomly be changing as the game progress and only one of these towers are allowed and it’s in the middle of the map. It can be destroyed by either teams but minions won’t target it only demigods can destroy it.
Various traps and effects to the environment…
Well traps will be pretty standard, spikes from the ground random anvils falling from the sky on top of our heads, failed acme rockets blowing us up instead of that wild road runner lol. Ok yea I haven’t put much thoughts into traps yet but they can be implemented.
The following is mostly dream rambling so you can stop reading now if you wish.
Well there are various affects I would actually like to see implemented which could easily change the game play examples…
Rocks hammer slam could affect the environment more, like making pathways unusable, and forcing creeps and players to find other ways around. This could both be used strategically and be overly abused on maps like cataract, where rock takes a flag and then damage both sides making it uncross able except by teleportation and flight. (Lord emo, Angel eye and ghost ri….I mean TB)
Venom spit could be used as a trap on a path way…..seriously it’s spit…
Just about every ice spill should effect the environment but hey moving on..
If anyone should have the biggest affect on the environment, it should be QoT. Ok here goes a mad dreaming ramble so you might want to skip or go get a snack.
Uproot: Should cause roots and vines to grow on buildings and the area, the building becomes useless stuns any enemy demigod or unit that walks into its aoe for a period of time. The affect resets when they leave and will stun again when they walk back into it. At higher levels it should allow QoT to move her shambles around the field like a teleport from one vine building to another and can even affect her own buildings nut not stunning, creating a new time of tower. (Not mentioned above.)
Groundspikes: Pretty much do what they do, but leave debris. (doubt I spelled that right either)
Well if you are still reading this than you deserve a reward, go get yourself a cookie. What that’s not enough than give your self 25 dollars, no wait 50 you deserve it.