Okay so this is my last attempt to try to get this game working... I've NEVER been able to play multiplayer(and this game has virtually no single player so I'm starting to feel a little ripped off). I tried back in June, several times. There was a big connectivity thread going there... so here's the post from there explaining the major things I've tried:
2) done - firewalls are all disabled
4) Done - same as #2
1) Shaw Cable
3) Cable Modem
4) http://www.paste-it.net/public/r8c2f2a/ - this paste is no longer valid as it was so long ago.
5) When trying to connect to any type of game, or when trying to host a game, I get the message 'cannot connect to NAT Facilitator. Try again later'.
(As a response to the following questions)
1. Open ports 6112 to 6200 on your router and point them to the PC IP address you're playing on. This isn't generally necessary but it can help.
2. Make sure you don't have some firewall blocking out Demigod. Some router firewalls prevent UDP traffic from getting through.
3. Have you tried the parameter /serverproxyonly in the Demigod shortcut as a parameter? This will have us host your connection for you.
4. Make sure you don't have a firewall or packet blocker on your own machine as they are designed to block p2p connections.
Now, if you are still having problems, let's walk through what we need:
#1 Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
#2 What brand and make of router are you using?
#3 What kind of connection do you have? Cable Modem? DSL? ISDN? ADSL? VDSL? Something else?
#4 Post your impulsereactor.log file in your comment. It's in your my documents\my games\gas powered games\demigod directory.
#5 Describe clearly and specifically what problem you are having. What were you trying to do? What did you see on the screen? What did the connectivity dialog say? The more information we have, the better we can help you.
Edit: So to sum it up, no matter what I do... when I try to host or join a game of any sort, I get "Cannot connect to a NAT facilitator", and am unable to play. I've tried several times in the past 4 months... basically every time Impulse told me there was a new update, and each and every time the error has been the same.