The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Add a "Draw" Option?

By on October 10, 2009 9:15:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Would be nice if you Stardock/GPG could maybe add an option to "draw". It would be the same as concede, but if everyone clicks draw the match ends like that.

This would be useful for matches where a player leaves on the 3 minute mark or the game is way too laggy to continue (which happens VERY often - *cough* lifekatana *cough*)

+26 Karma | 12 Replies
October 10, 2009 3:59:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would be very cool, especially for when someone disconnects.

October 10, 2009 4:03:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not a bad idea.

October 10, 2009 4:49:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If someone leaves on the 3 minute mark and everyone concedes by the 5 minute mark, I thought the game doesn't count towards your stats anyway.  Had I heard wrong?

October 10, 2009 6:59:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i only know of the 3 minute rule.

i would like a draw button as well! if one person disconnects early game one should be fair enough to make it a draw or a not counted game. btw. the option of custom games that dont count would be really great to introduce beginner into the game.

October 10, 2009 9:09:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would be very cool, especially for when someone disconnects.

the winning team would never do this.

its not a very good idea.

October 11, 2009 12:02:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd say you are generally correct.  I personally would use a feature like this to have unranked matches.  It would work great in premade v premade for me, anyway (if someone on the other team had a crash afer 5 minutes, etc).  I doubt it would get as much use in a PUG though as you'd have to get everyone to buy in. 

October 11, 2009 3:18:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How do you know that?

October 11, 2009 4:53:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How do you know that?

common sense.

if you are winning and someone on the other team disconnects, ragequits or goes afk etc.. would you draw the match for them? YEA RIGHT LOL.

ive also spent 30 mins waiting to start a game and i dont get stats for it? FK OFF.

October 11, 2009 7:30:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if you are winning and someone on the other team disconnects, ragequits or goes afk etc.. would you draw the match for them? YEA RIGHT LOL.

Yea I would actually.

With PuG vs PuG maybe your right, but with pre vs pre it would be very helpful.

October 11, 2009 11:24:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would prefer the option to play unranked custom games but a draw option would be nice if it isn't too much work.

October 11, 2009 12:14:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've often thought a draw function would be nice and I'm sure my group would use it often.  Its rough to have a 62 game winning streak end just because you decide to play an inhouse match or your team mates drop.

October 11, 2009 8:02:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i would use that function. well, there are situations in which someone ragequits. but i often enough had games during which someone dropped without it being decided or when the game just had begun, the 3 minutes where over and yet no one had been killed.

i can just speak for myself but yeah i would use that function for sure!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.