The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Is there an easy way to change Demigods language?

By on October 8, 2009 1:14:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Currentyl I have installed the german version of Demigod. Thought it would be handy to switch sometimes to the englisch version as especially for online play the english names of items, spells and so one are good to know.

Is there an easy way to change that? As far as I remember the installation dialog showed me many languages to choose of, so the data should be at the DVD. Is there for example some kind of command line switch to enforce a language or can some ini-File be changed or would I have to deinstall my german version and replace it with a english one?

+2 Karma | 4 Replies
October 20, 2009 9:45:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You should look into the "LOC"files I think.

October 24, 2009 10:38:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just follow the steps mentioned here.

Maybe you want also give this updated translation a try

November 2, 2009 8:29:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for the link.

I did't know that there are more options in the prefs file available than that are used by the game.

November 5, 2009 8:49:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For those that are interested. If you also want to change the sound files according to your language and not only the text files:

On the DVD there are folders for each language. French, German, ... Go there to the Sounds folder where you find a VOICE.fsb file. This file contain the sounds. So copy this file to the folder where you have installed Demogod, for example

C:\Program Files\Stardock Games\Demigod\Sounds

To change to the english sound file (if you have not installed this language but your local language) you will find the sound file not in the folders (the one for GreatBritain does not contain it). You will find it in the archive file Demigod.7z that is in the root folder of the DVD. Open it wit 7-Zip or WinRAR or any other archive-program that understand this format. There you will also find the Sound folder with the english VOICE.fsb

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.