The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Overlay Beta

By on October 6, 2009 5:21:22 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

If you’re feeling lucky you can try out the beta of an updated overlay.

http://draginol.stardock.net/files/impulsereactor-100609.zip

Unzip the files into your bin directory.  This is a beta, so back up the files you’re overwriting. If you’re non-technical and don’t know how to do this then wait until the official update.

Very useful (like in my game, NeptunePisces, rage quitted in our game after insulting our team because he died, now I can make a note of that <g>).

To write notes about players, go to their profile and go to the notes tab. Here’s the one for me:

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/player/10397/notes

Locked Post 65 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 7, 2009 4:47:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Keep in mind that stats do not update immediatly.  I belive all player stats are updated at the end of the day, each day, so that may throw things off a bit for new accounts.

October 7, 2009 5:09:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
Quoting Esuzu, reply 23Can you really use it with the current version of demigod?

How that does work?

You can use it with the current version of demigod and its not that hard to install (a couple of minutes and you are all set). 

Download the file in the OP. 
Navigate to c:\program files\stardock games\demigod\bin (for me it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock Games\Demigod\bin)
You’ll want to backup the files that will be overwritten (ImpulseOverlay.dll, ImpulseReactor.dll, and ImpulseReactor.xml).  Just zip them up and save them in the same folder if it will let you or copy them to your desktop. 
Extract the file you downloaded into the bin folder and choose to overwrite when prompted
Re-launch demigod. 
Join a MP game and check out the overlay.

Thanks pacov.

I'm guessing this is only a merely visual update then and nothing else since normally people with different versions of a game for example Demigod, shouldn't be able to play with each other?

October 7, 2009 8:00:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The overlay is separate from the game itself, so it does not neccesarily make for incompatible versions if it's different (such as the case here).

October 7, 2009 8:27:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not shoot myself in the foot here, but I have been thinking that this and tools like this should be paid items and aditional revenue streams.  I dreamed up the requirements for this functionality about six months ago.

October 7, 2009 9:13:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not to sound ungrateful, but things like this should be included, I am happy we got this and you guys didnt have to help us with it, but to ask to have paid extra for this wouldnt have flown with me at least(I mean CNC tiberium sun had this back in what '99?). Again I sincerely appreciate that you guys are working hard and taking care of your community.

October 7, 2009 11:17:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Played another half dozen games and so far it's pretty much been perfect.

Has anyone tried pantheon to see if it shows stats in the connectivity screen there? Screening teammates could kill that matching system if it work, but I have no idea if it does so be sure to wait for someone who actually knows before decry the interface for it.

October 7, 2009 11:21:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BratE9000,
Not shoot myself in the foot here, but I have been thinking that this and tools like this should be paid items and aditional revenue streams.  I dreamed up the requirements for this functionality about six months ago.

You don't happen to work for EA Games, do you?

October 7, 2009 11:37:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Possible Bug? : Whenever I host, and people join and leave while I'm using overlay, their name will occasionally stay present on the connection screen even though they aren't in lobby.  Game was full until they left, so while Im waiting for another person to join, I check http://www.demigodthegame.com/opengames.asp to see what other games are up.  I see my game up there as full, so I alt tab back only to find nobody joined or left.  It's been about 10 min.  I then open another slot, and seconds later someone joins (wasn't just a lobby refresh by opening closing, I had done that already to try to take them off the connect screen)

Anyway.. someone joins and leaves, they tend to be stuck on connect screen when I host, my lobby acts like they are filling a slot but they aren't.  Only happened after I got overlay beta.  Here's a SS of what it looks like:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

October 7, 2009 11:54:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I saw the same thing in a 2v2 when I was the host.  One player left, but stayed in my connection info screen.  Apparently it still showed 4 out of 4 players to anyone that might join the game. 

October 8, 2009 12:37:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually, I did notice this from time to time prior to this Overlay release, I haven't tried the Beta release myself, however it has been a while since I can recall seeing it. It seemed to get ironed out as the updates came along.

October 8, 2009 2:33:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright, gave pantheon a try and while it didn't really matter since everyone stayed, I think there's a lot of potential for this to be abused by people who want to game the system. I think this feature should be disabled for pantheon matches.

October 8, 2009 4:16:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kryo,
The overlay is separate from the game itself, so it does not neccesarily make for incompatible versions if it's different (such as the case here).

That answers my question Cheers.

October 8, 2009 5:22:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Possible Bug? : Whenever I host, and people join and leave while I'm using overlay, their name will occasionally stay present on the connection screen even though they aren't in lobby.  Game was full until they left, so while Im waiting for another person to join, I check http://www.demigodthegame.com/opengames.asp to see what other games are up.  I see my game up there as full, so I alt tab back only to find nobody joined or left.  It's been about 10 min.  I then open another slot, and seconds later someone joins (wasn't just a lobby refresh by opening closing, I had done that already to try to take them off the connect screen)

Anyway.. someone joins and leaves, they tend to be stuck on connect screen when I host, my lobby acts like they are filling a slot but they aren't.  Only happened after I got overlay beta.  Here's a SS of what it looks like:

Same with me.

I am not 100% sure if this stopping people joining my games but there have been times when our game is 5/6 full and no one joins for a looot longer than usual.

October 8, 2009 7:10:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When I have player list scrolled down I can't click on info button. Is this happening to anyone else?

October 8, 2009 7:22:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gunblob,
When I have player list scrolled down I can't click on info button. Is this happening to anyone else?

Yes.  Every now and then, nothing happens when I click the info buttons.  I still see games played in the connection dialog, but I can't access the specific player info.

BTW:  I loved seeing my notes on players start popping up.  Great feature.

October 8, 2009 7:59:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think this feature should be disabled for pantheon matches.

Along with the connectivity dialog box showing who's in the game for pantheon (IMO)...

October 8, 2009 8:13:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Previously I woud have agreed Pacov, but after playing with 2nana last night and his 1k ping I feel it's important to be able to see people in the lobby.There's a handful of other peeople I refuse to play for similarly legit reasons and you can't trus random people to concede in time.

October 8, 2009 8:35:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

would it be possible to open notes up to friends?

October 8, 2009 3:53:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love this overlay stuff awesome work Stardock Team

October 8, 2009 4:45:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,
Previously I woud have agreed Pacov, but after playing with 2nana last night and his 1k ping I feel it's important to be able to see people in the lobby.There's a handful of other peeople I refuse to play for similarly legit reasons and you can't trus random people to concede in time.

I see your point here too... kind of a no-win situation imo.  If the overlay is hidden in panth, you end people trying to get into AI only matches (or mitigate against it some degree) or trying to stack a team.  Excellent counter point though. 

October 8, 2009 8:12:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
I see your point here too... kind of a no-win situation imo.  If the overlay is hidden in panth, you end people trying to get into AI only matches (or mitigate against it some degree) or trying to stack a team.  Excellent counter point though. 
Well I mean don't get me wrong, you're absolutely right. I shouldn't be picking and choosing partners for any reason when it comes down to it. If I weren't so impatient that I tab out every time I wait for a game to start I would actually be quite picky for unacceptable reasons, like there were some games today in which my partners absolutely refused to speak the entire game, they would wander off mid-fight, etc. and I would avoid playing with those people, which is gaming the system and bad for matching in general.

So logically I think you're right, but on a personal enjoyment level I prefer it how it is... but I haven't gotten burned so far by people dropping queue half a dozen time in a row, so if that happens I'll probably change my mind again.

October 8, 2009 8:48:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't tried the beta, bu it still sounds great, and im glad to hear the positive feedback

however, we still haven't heard the biggest info: when will it be an official update?

i know the beta is available, bu tas u have said, there are still some bugs, and not everyone is completely computer savvy...

(myself in-between)

October 10, 2009 6:29:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It works very good as I can see. However, for example my stats are not correctly shown. When I play in Custom Games the overlay says that I have played 40-ish games while my Pantheon profile says 65.

October 10, 2009 8:04:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shiro_Sol,

Probably how many you've played since the exp reset but idk...

Thats my guess I want to know if im right lol.
I really want to know if im right >.>

October 10, 2009 10:05:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes thats right. Its how many games since the reset

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.