The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Does anyone by Slayer's Wraps for the health regen?

By on October 6, 2009 2:57:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just curious, do you people who buy those things actually care about the health regen or just the damage?

Also which characters do you buy them on?

+37 Karma | 22 Replies
October 6, 2009 3:02:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I buy them on Regulus.

October 6, 2009 3:26:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Xenogenic,
I buy them on Regulus.
But for the damage or the health regen or because of both?

October 6, 2009 4:16:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

on regulus i sometimes buy them because of both but more for the regen. on ub i buy them allways because of both.

October 6, 2009 4:33:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you want health/defense in the 3 to 4k zone, I think the preferred item is Narmoth's Ring. Hard not to wait 700 more gold for an item so much better.  So if you do buy the wraps, it is for the +30 damage, and +10% damage, not the 10 hps.

October 6, 2009 6:15:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I see the health regen as somthing that makes up for not having amour in that slot. It really is not worth it just for the regen as this can be gained from unbreakerble boots. I do aggree with celmare that it can be used offset ooze damage.

I generally buy slayers wraps for sedna as it is the most effient methord of upping sednas dps before artifacts, due to high damage low rate of attack (is not that effective just adding fixed damage to the attack).

October 6, 2009 7:50:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its crit and damage is usefull enough, but it works the best for ooze UB

you get damage and hp regen, two of the most usefull thing for this build

October 6, 2009 9:26:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Could boost +hps on Erebus.

October 6, 2009 9:50:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd get Slayer Wraps for any Assassin build for the Crit strike. +hp/sec is a nice bonus but not the main reason for purchasing that item.

October 6, 2009 10:02:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

for the crit although I dont really buy it ever, better purchaves to be made.

October 6, 2009 10:05:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

for the crit although I dont really buy it ever, better purchaves to be made.

October 6, 2009 10:15:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Playing as Sedna I like to have as much HP regen as possible, so I buy all the best regen items (Hauberk of life, Narmoth Ring, Slayer Wraps, Unbreakble Boots), this way you need a ton of burst damage to kill her. This item has a very effective combo (DPS + HP regen) for Sedna and also Ooze UB, so this is the 2 cases where I do care about HP regen when buying Slayer Wraps.

For the others chars, I buy it only for the DPS, like Regulus or Oak.

October 6, 2009 10:54:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a wonderful item imo. Really worth the 3300 gold.

With UB, I'll try to have it everytime (after Narmoth's Ring, which is even better). With my Ice TB, I'll always buy it. I guess it works very well with Reg but I miss experience with him.

And the critical damages are not anecodctical. It surprises me (and my opponents) many many times.

In a word, I think this item rocks for every good AA DG.

October 6, 2009 12:49:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I used to buy it a lot with rook. Crits for 1k on structures and synergises well with god str. Then I figured out stacking hp was the way to go..

October 6, 2009 3:58:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I usually have this on my ooze beast (full ooze, max claws, max inner beast). It offsets some of the ooze health loss along with a full line up of 4 hp times + blood of the fallen. You just don't need a mana item in that build.

October 9, 2009 4:27:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll get them for health regen with reg if im playing against noobs and i have an insane amount of kills. I'll get my mageslayer, narmoths ring and slayers and i can basically tank any character in the game at that point.

October 9, 2009 5:04:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well what if they added an item that had twice the offensive strength, cost about half as much, and gave some mana instead of the regen, would you get that instead?

October 9, 2009 8:52:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The health regen is a nice bonus, but I buy them for the dammage and the crit.

The crit can take a surprise chunk of health and cause the enemy to reevaluate the outcome of a fight. If he starts to run, this is good, because it means you aren't taking any more damage and can stay in play after you've driven him off.

October 9, 2009 11:24:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,
Well what if they added an item that had twice the offensive strength, cost about half as much, and gave some mana instead of the regen, would you get that instead?

Shhh...

October 10, 2009 5:07:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shade,

Quoting obscenitor, reply 16Well what if they added an item that had twice the offensive strength, cost about half as much, and gave some mana instead of the regen, would you get that instead?

Shhh...

The mana-drain gloves don't provide any damage output enhancements...it is was a +60 weapon damage, I'd think about it.

October 10, 2009 8:02:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,
The mana-drain gloves don't provide any damage output enhancements...it is was a +60 weapon damage, I'd think about it.

October 11, 2009 12:50:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ITT: Pros

The item reminds me of Zeus/Thunder Bringer's chain lightning attack.

October 11, 2009 8:16:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bahaha. Sarcasm?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.