The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Skills That Need Buffs

By on October 5, 2009 7:56:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I thought I would help GPG out here by making a thread with a list on which skills need buffs. If anyone here thinks I've missed out a skill or I've listed a strong skill please say.

Sedna:
Yeti's - All of her other skills are really useful, but Yeti's just never cut it. One can argue if used correctly they can be okayish...but if we are being honest a Sedna without Yeti's is stronger than one with. HA FIXED IT NOW!

QoT:

Shamblers - They suck. Im pretty sure everyone agrees with me?
Compost + Uproot - I am not 100% sure on this (someone can confirm?) but I think these are pretty weak skills. If I remember correctly ground spikes + auto attack can allow QoT doing 500 damage per hit anyway on buildings.

Erebus:
All his skills can be used to be useful.

Oak:
Pretty much all useful too

Rook:

Structural Transfer - Not very useful at all tbh. The move takes too long to do and can be interupted easily. Taking other skills is usually always the better choice

God Strength - Wont say this is useless, but I THINK it is....anyone care to expand on this?

Regulus:
All Level 15 skills (apart from mark of betrayal and stats).
Deadeye, Vengance and Impedance Bolt - Vengance and Impedance Bolt imo have some potential to be pretty awesome skills imo. I think their chance of their effects taking place are too low and their effects too strong - maybe balance that out a bit?

Unclean Beast:
Beastial Wrath - An iffy one. Is it useless or not? Needs discussion.

TB:
Full of interesting skills imo

+26 Karma | 27 Replies
October 5, 2009 8:04:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Beastial Wrath - An iffy one. Is it useless or not? Needs discussion.

its terrible

October 5, 2009 8:04:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok nice ppoints but uhhh...

a Sedna without Yeti's is stronger than one without.

And i wouldnt say Rook's transfer skill is lame.

If used correctly you can stay on the field like forever

also when you have the time ( not getting an interrupt ) you just tear down towers with it.

my 2 cents.

October 5, 2009 8:04:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Beastial Wrath is a weird one. If you ever played long enough to get decked out with artifacts then clearly it's amazing, but I really can't see myself skipping spit or ooze to get there and still have room in my build for it.

That being said I suppose you could just take only one rank of claws and grasp and have room to max it out at 20 along with ooze, putrid flows, and acclimation. Come to think of it that's probably what I'll start doing after having been stuck in an hour long exile match. If you buff it to be so useful in the early and mid game that it's a contender for spit or ooze then it's going to be balls-out insane late game and probably unfair. 65% weapon damage really is pretty crazy.

October 5, 2009 8:07:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

a Sedna without Yeti's is stronger than one without.
I think you meant with on the first one. Anyway it's not true, as you would have heal, healing wind, pounce, inspiring presence, or whatever in its place. The only way you're better off with yetis is if you view morale as the alternative.

And i wouldnt say Rook's transfer skill is lame.
It really, really is. The only time it's a really good idea to take it is when you have the other team sorely overmatched or when you're being whittled down with something like snipe. As a combat heal it's really just awful.

October 5, 2009 8:09:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fixed the Sedna line. I meant Yeti's suck basically

October 5, 2009 8:21:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Beastial Wrath is a weird one. If you ever played long enough to get decked out with artifacts then clearly it's amazing, but I really can't see myself skipping spit or ooze to get there and still have room in my build for it.

That being said I suppose you could just take only one rank of claws and grasp and have room to max it out at 20 along with ooze, putrid flows, and acclimation. Come to think of it that's probably what I'll start doing after having been stuck in an hour long exile match. If you buff it to be so useful in the early and mid game that it's a contender for spit or ooze then it's going to be balls-out insane late game and probably unfair. 65% weapon damage really is pretty crazy.

thats true you can actually get about a 2-5k dps going but you need slayers ashkandor and mage slayer which is only posstible one crucible on other maps the other team probably already ahas giants and your screwd.

October 5, 2009 8:47:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thats true you can actually get about a 2-5k dps going but you need slayers ashkandor and mage slayer which is only posstible one crucible on other maps the other team probably already ahas giants and your screwd.
Well here's my basic build:

1. Spit
  2. Ooze
  3. Save
  4. Spit+Oooze
  5. Foul Grasp
  6. Save
  7. Spit+Ooze
  8. Diseased Claws
  9. Save
  10. Spit+Oooze
  11. Inner Beast
  12. Inner Beast
  13. Inner Beast
  14. Save
  15. Putrid Flows+Acclimation

So by the time I'm ready to start choosing stats, max diseased claws, or whatever, I have a pretty good idea of whether or not we're going to go into overtime with artifacts. Previously I used to just take diseased claws instinctively but now that I think about it I really ought to be taking BW at 16+ becuase stats are such a minor percentage of my total HP/Damage at that point and Diseased Claws is nice but most people have such high movement speed late game that such a weak snare has very little impact.

Also UB can tear up giants with just ooze, a girdle of giant strength and a mageslayer.

October 5, 2009 8:57:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also UB can tear up giants with just ooze, a girdle of giant strength and a mageslayer

im just talking about a wrath build not a hybrid.

October 5, 2009 9:07:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maccilia,

Also UB can tear up giants with just ooze, a girdle of giant strength and a mageslayer
im just talking about a wrath build not a hybrid.
I don't follow. What build would ever have only wrath by the time giants hit the field? Just pure wrath+stats? Maybe Wrath+Post Mortem+Claws?

I agree those types of builds wouldn't work but honestly I don't think spit works particularly well in that kind of setup either. It just really seems like UB revolves around ooze.

October 5, 2009 10:07:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't follow. What build would ever have only wrath by the time giants hit the field? Just pure wrath+stats? Maybe Wrath+Post Mortem+Claws?

Thats what i mean

October 5, 2009 11:19:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Meh, like I said I don't even think spit+post mortem+claws stands on its own. It's better than wrath would be in its place, but still not that great imo.

October 5, 2009 11:53:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB - I've tried Wrath Builds before using Heavan's Wrath to level quickly. You can use Wrath to break Grasp which is somewhat useful but only if you're playing demigods without any stuns to just stun you back (Sedna, Oak, Queen, Reg) and therefore you just burned your mana for it...

Only an effective very-late game (then it's crazy...) but you won't get there unless you're playing newbs.

Sedna - Yetis

Oak - Last Stand should give some sort of passive buff, similar to how Poison Blood is.

Queen- Compost + Uproot. Uproot is just terrible. Shamblers would be better if they just fixed the horrendous targeting and pathing they have (issue a comman to them to walk to the middle of a creep wave so you can mulch them... yeah. It won't work 90% of the time). Most Level 15 skills.

Reg - all level 15 skills, pretty much. Fine other than that though.

Rook - Transfer... some good players get it butI've never considered it particularily good just because you hurt yourself more than you heal if you do it to the wrong place. God Strength seems useless with Rook's low attack speed and then he gets Cleave/Throw-back if you get his weapon damage high enough anyway.

Erebus - All good, Poison Blood is sorta weak, I s'pose but most people get it for the very high HP regen anyway. And the fact it's a fear-tactic.

TB - all good

--

that said, in general a lot of the Level 15 skills seem lacking:

UB - Foul Grasp III (and II, really)

Sed- the <30% hp== +50 hps one. End game if you're at 30% hp, you are dead within seconds, unless you have a sigil on (raised to an Aura possibly, maybe make all abilities cost 0 mana or very little mana). Pounce's level 15 isn't useful either, since ... no one uses minions on Sed. If Yeti's were made viable, it might become better. Yeti's final skill... but it's yetis so.

Rook - Strut transfer, 150% mana only after using a skill isn't much... TB has +200% regen AND +15% pool as his level 15

QoT - Tribute... Violent Siege

October 6, 2009 12:06:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So by the time I'm ready to start choosing stats, max diseased claws, or whatever, I have a pretty good idea of whether or not we're going to go into overtime with artifacts. Previously I used to just take diseased claws instinctively but now that I think about it I really ought to be taking BW at 16+ becuase stats are such a minor percentage of my total HP/Damage at that point and Diseased Claws is nice but most people have such high movement speed late game that such a weak snare has very little impact.

The cool thing about the last rank of BW is that your movement speed cannot be reduced while in that state. Pretty sweet.

October 6, 2009 2:47:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think structural transfer should grant a rediculous armor buff for 10 secounds on use. Like 1000-2000 armor, this would help deal with the stun problem. With the armor jacked up you would still be able to GTFO or tank the tower your raping even better.

October 6, 2009 4:31:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Part of the problem of structural transfer is that it doesn't scale well.  The first point is by far the most effective, but you never 'arrive' at a strong point later on. I think if structural transfer 2 through 4 each gave -2 seconds to the channel duration, but the same total health, it'd be pretty awesome. At level four you'd channel for only 4 seconds, and get 2000 health, not a bad snack mid combat.

Yeti's need to do significantly more base damage, and have a bit more starting health.  Later levels should cost less mana. Sedna is very mana intensive, as she does little Auto attack damage, and often uses idol minions. There needs to be either more synergy, or cheaper costs to her hybridding into Yeti's.

Bestial Wrath I think could cost a little less mana, and that's about it. I think the idea of the skill is sound, but it loses out on a damage per mana scale so very easily compared to his other skills.  That said, Beast already has an amazing layout of skills, so it is hard to truly suggest giving him another amazing option.

Last Stand is fine I think. I'm fairly certain that this is one of those abilities that sits around looking awkward until the metagame cycles over to it... and then it rocks. Only thing I could think of would be to make the 'death' animation before it a little faster. People already consider it an 'unfair' ability in some cases with fortress victory condition.  Hard to not think there may be a similar path with a citadel.

October 6, 2009 5:10:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that sedna line is still wrong +P

October 6, 2009 7:25:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

God's Strength is quite useful, imho. It gives your attack quite an extra kick, and helps you get that nifty splash damage faster

October 6, 2009 12:16:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zechnophobe,
Part of the problem of structural transfer is that it doesn't scale well.  The first point is by far the most effective, but you never 'arrive' at a strong point later on. I think if structural transfer 2 through 4 each gave -2 seconds to the channel duration, but the same total health, it'd be pretty awesome. At level four you'd channel for only 4 seconds, and get 2000 health, not a bad snack mid combat.

Yeti's need to do significantly more base damage, and have a bit more starting health.  Later levels should cost less mana. Sedna is very mana intensive, as she does little Auto attack damage, and often uses idol minions. There needs to be either more synergy, or cheaper costs to her hybridding into Yeti's.

Bestial Wrath I think could cost a little less mana, and that's about it. I think the idea of the skill is sound, but it loses out on a damage per mana scale so very easily compared to his other skills.  That said, Beast already has an amazing layout of skills, so it is hard to truly suggest giving him another amazing option.

Last Stand is fine I think. I'm fairly certain that this is one of those abilities that sits around looking awkward until the metagame cycles over to it... and then it rocks. Only thing I could think of would be to make the 'death' animation before it a little faster. People already consider it an 'unfair' ability in some cases with fortress victory condition.  Hard to not think there may be a similar path with a citadel.

I agree.

In addition to that, I think the QoT Skill 'Tribute' and Regs 'dead eye' need a serious overhaul. Tribute should be replaced with something that enhances shambles more and Dead Eye should either heave a higher stun chance or a longer duration.

October 7, 2009 5:25:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In addition to that, I think the QoT Skill 'Tribute' and Regs 'dead eye' need a serious overhaul. Tribute should be replaced with something that enhances shambles more and Dead Eye should either heave a higher stun chance or a longer duration.

Definitely agreed. Reg and QoT both need some serious buffing anyways.

October 7, 2009 12:01:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Reg needs buffing ?

October 7, 2009 8:36:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

regs level 15 skills are all that needs addressing imo.

October 8, 2009 8:42:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeti's?

October 8, 2009 10:57:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,

Yeti's?
Yeti's what?

October 8, 2009 12:14:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeti's what?

Need buffing?

Hard to know context of replies without quotes sometimes I thought he meant the only thing in DG that needs adressing is Regulus's level 15 skills.

October 8, 2009 12:32:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,

Yeti's what?
Need buffing?

Hard to know context of replies without quotes sometimes I thought he meant the only thing in DG that needs adressing is Regulus's level 15 skills.
It was a grammar joke. "Yeti's" made no sense there.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.