The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Homeworld turns 10!

By on October 3, 2009 10:59:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hawawaa

Join Date 09/2006
+30

A great game... Can only hope for another one to come out!

First Link. http://www.relicnews.com/

Man good game and great memories! Mods made it even better!

http://www.relic.com/news/September-30-2009---Homeworld-A-Thank-You/

Links got a nice wallpaper with it too!

Locked Post 20 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 3, 2009 11:10:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Homeworld is still one of my favourite RTS games of all time - the sequel, not so much - the depth that the Z Axis added was intense. And it's one of the few RTS games where the campaign really captured me, the opening scene of the Mothership is still one of the most memorable in gaming.

October 3, 2009 11:49:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

To celebrate, can we get get it on Impulse? Please?   I have long since lost my disks, and it would be really nice to not need a disk at all. So again, please?

October 3, 2009 11:58:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

God this is starting to make me feel old. I remember when I first got HW1. Man back then those graphics where amazing! The ships and the ion beams and the explosions, you cant forget about the explosions. That and the Z axis was probably the most innovative thing in RTS that I have seen in a long time.

Here hoping that we will see a HW3, and while were wishing for the release of sequals that will never come heres hoping that a Freespace 3 is in the works as well  

October 3, 2009 11:58:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Homeworld on impulse? with updated graphix as well? pretty please with a cherry on top?

October 4, 2009 1:03:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

mod page at http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/359937

October 4, 2009 4:30:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Cool video.

October 4, 2009 10:04:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

"Kharak is burning."

*sniff*

October 4, 2009 10:41:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ryat,
Homeworld on impulse? with updated graphix as well? pretty please with a cherry on top?

I would be happy with old graphics. From what I hear, there are plenty of mods that improve the graphics.

October 4, 2009 11:01:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Homeworld is the greatist RTS of all time.

I makes me sad to think of how old it is....

Though I am convinced that Relic is making anouther HW.

October 4, 2009 11:11:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You probably don't want them to make another homeworld. It's "going to be just like homeworld 2, but with a CoH tactics system"

October 4, 2009 11:26:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Homeworld was a beautifully designed game, but what really set it apart, what made it unforgettable, was the story.

October 4, 2009 1:58:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh Homeworld, please forgive me for losing the disc to you;  I remember Homeworld 1 and I hope to play the original again someday.

October 4, 2009 2:42:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting kyogre12,

Quoting Ryat,
reply 4

I would be happy with old graphics. From what I hear, there are plenty of mods that improve the graphics.

tried to find such mods, could only find outdated links

October 4, 2009 3:22:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

try the point defense mod for homeworld

pds.hwaccess.net

it's got major graphical updates as well as cool design elements.

October 4, 2009 5:47:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The PDS mod is for Homeworld 2, not the original.

October 4, 2009 7:30:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dude if they got all the Homeworlds on Impulse that would be great!

PDS is a good mod! Another Good one is Complex! http://www.homeworld2complex.com/forum.htm

The only thing is to use their forums you just need to make an accout. But you don't need an account to download the mod.

Ya its a pain in the butt to find mods for the original!

October 4, 2009 8:46:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ah yes... an epic game, still got it and rarely play it... lol I play sins a lot more now

October 4, 2009 9:20:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

herm... i read the wikipedia article... and apperently the source code for the origional homeworld has been released... and the source code linked from wikipedia... is it possible to complile homeworld from this source? that would be preety awsome.

if not, at least, does this mean that the original homeworld is now free? or if not, is there a way to buy it? (without the whole ebay-amazon buying the 10 year old "collector item" box thing)

October 4, 2009 10:07:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Pbhead,
herm... i read the wikipedia article... and apperently the source code for the origional homeworld has been released... and the source code linked from wikipedia... is it possible to complile homeworld from this source? that would be preety awsome.

if not, at least, does this mean that the original homeworld is now free? or if not, is there a way to buy it? (without the whole ebay-amazon buying the 10 year old "collector item" box thing)

Indeed, the source code has been released and can be compiled. There's actually a project to port Homeworld to other systems. Or at least the yet-unreleased Pandora.

I've seen Homeworld 2 at a number of abandonware sites, but not the original Homeworld. Regardless, I'm still not certain if it's entirely legal.

But wow... Homeworld is already ten years old? I really have to play this.

October 7, 2009 12:25:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Oooh. Homeworld really brings a lot of good memories!

Congratulations Homeworld.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time: