The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Need help on my Hybird UB skills.

By on October 3, 2009 9:00:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright can you please watch my replay and give me tips on how to improve my game, thanks in advance.

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&tab=upcoming&show=details&id=97373

+25 Karma | 21 Replies
October 3, 2009 10:59:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A few times, you ran behind capped flags. That's asking for a gank. The sharp corners on Exile means that enemies can pop out of nowhere. Your Rook had an inadequate amount of towers considering how far forward he was. You waited 30 seconds to buy Unbreakable Boots, but during that time your team needed you to keep the left side. Your build was ok, just be more careful.

October 4, 2009 2:57:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

help with hybrid UB lol... 

1. Click 1

2. Click enemy

3. rightclick enemy

4.(optional) click 3

5. ???

6. Profit.

October 4, 2009 3:24:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've actually had problems against long range slow stacking AF builds with my UB hybrid. I think it's one of the few valid counters to hybrid UB.

October 4, 2009 5:00:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

spit? 

stack speed+slow yourself, melee triggers it more than ranged.

October 4, 2009 6:25:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

stack speed+slow yourself, melee triggers it more than ranged.

In an even microing match, long range Reg seems to win. At least, that's what it's always come down to for me. Mines and maim are a guarunteed slow. Once UB starts stacking speed, he becomes more squishy. I've faced it many times, and it's an uphill battle with UB. I usually let the minion builds take care of him. Spit is ok, but your opponent is doing crits from long range with slows. You'll crawl towards him once Reg get to level 12+. UB can't dance with this build 1v1.

October 4, 2009 5:14:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

disagreed.  if reg wants to fight, by level 12 you have rank 4 spit / ooze, grasp, and the potential for rank 3 diseased claws w/out sacraficing almst anything.

One helm, unbreakables.  Just start spit harrassing reg if he doesnt want to fight.  Avoid the mines by running through him not away from him.   If he stands up to you after you spit him, make sure ooze is on before you get motb... dont use any abilities so he cant slow you other than maim (which claws will make up for).

October 5, 2009 5:20:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Never had problem with any Reg as an hybrid UB, but maybe I didn't face a player who master it.

October 7, 2009 9:33:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

when i played with UB i got spit and ooze, and then foul grasp. I would typically get ooze active and then spit em, and foul grasp. It drains the hell out theyre health. Then i would also get his frenzy skill (the bonus dmg skill) and just go for em all out. I would spit them and hope they dont reach the crystal in time to counter spit. I got a ton of kills this way.

October 8, 2009 3:52:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bestial Wrath sucks. It costs a lot of mana, and has a very significative activation, which means, every clever player will just run away 7 seconds.

October 8, 2009 9:27:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bestial Wrath sucks. It costs a lot of mana, and has a very significative activation, which means, every clever player will just run away 7 seconds.

not if u activate it during the grasp stun. But when I play hybrid, i dont get cause of the mana cost. I only take it in map with lots of towers.

October 9, 2009 2:27:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DeathWeaVer666,
Bestial Wrath sucks. It costs a lot of mana, and has a very significative activation, which means, every clever player will just run away 7 seconds.
Beastial Wrath doesn't suck, it's just inferior to other abilities early game.

If you get drawn into a long match though it's incredibly powerful with artifacts. No one can go 1v1 against UB when he's doing 165% weapon damage with ooze, spit, and putrid flows active.

October 9, 2009 3:10:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Beastial Wrath doesn't suck, it's just inferior to other abilities early game.

If you get drawn into a long match though it's incredibly powerful with artifacts. No one can go 1v1 against UB when he's doing 165% weapon damage with ooze, spit, and putrid flows active.

That's what I'm saying. I prefer Spit, Ooze, IB, DC. So who cares about an ability you begin to think taking at levels 16/18.

OK, no one can stand 1v1 with BW. So, people are running away 7 secs and come back after.

I can only see the point of BW for destroying building faster. Spit do this very well, so why sacrifice several ability points?

October 9, 2009 11:44:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DeathWeaVer666,
That's what I'm saying. I prefer Spit, Ooze, IB, DC. So who cares about an ability you begin to think taking at levels 16/18.
I would say about 5-10% of my games reach level 18+. I do hit level 20 from time to time. What this abilities does is protect UB from extremely late game shifts. Many DGs plateau in strength after level 15, but then there's a few like Oak who actually get completely out of hand if they reach extremely high levels. BW adds UB to that short list of DGs that cannot be allowed to hit level 20.

Btw. if you start taking BW at 16  it's 10 out of every 20 seconds once you hit 20, a full 50% of the time (or even more if you have a cooldown flag). Just running away from UB every single time they fight isn't so simple. It means that no one but Oak and to a lesser extent Erebus can stand their ground against him, which is a major strategic disadvantage.

I can only see the point of BW for destroying building faster. Spit do this very well, so why sacrifice several ability points?
What are you sacrificing? I take BW at 16-20. Stats at that level are pathetic. Spending those four points on stats would be a whopping 5%'ish HP and an obvious DPS loss. Your only alternative is Diseased Claws ranks 2 and 3, which are also just awful. When players have their speeds at 120% and higher and wands of speed that small of a snare is negligible compared to the utility of a "either run for your life and die" ability.

October 9, 2009 12:44:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah bestial wraith does suck... early game, becasue ur base damage is small. Late game u get beastly items, so ur auto attack is better. Ur auto can go from like 400 to 600 easy. It is not useless, just expenisve. It is inferior just like qots shamblers are weak early game (they are actually useless entire game)

October 9, 2009 3:28:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is inferior just like qots shamblers are weak early game (they are actually useless entire game)
No, it's not inferior. In fact it's likely even superior to spit late game. I will gladly start a level 20 game with anyone in this thread with gold set to high. I'll be allowed to take BW and you will not and we'll see who wins.

You can't buff UB by buffing BW because anyone who takes BW early won't have either Ooze, Grasp, or Spit. So if you buff BW to be a viable early game alternative to those abilities you'll only be opening UB up for late game suckage.

Currently UB can be 100% viable early game with Ooze and Spit (in fact most people want him nerfed) and then he can transition to godliness with a 10 second long 65% autoattack buff at level 20 if the game reaches that point. Don't forget that it also increases the amount of lifesteal you get, proving not only damage but healing/survivability.

If you turn BW into a viable early game ability you will nerf UB, not buff him. Leave the skill alone.

October 9, 2009 5:47:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have just recently re-added BW into my build for UB actually.  I'm still not sure where to put it, but it definitely has its place.  For comparison, here is my old build:

1. Spit
  2. Diseased Claws
  3. Ooze
  4. Spit
  5. Grasp
  6. Ooze
  7. Spit
  8. Ooze
  9. Save
  10. Spit + ooze

I am a very strong supporter of the Blade of the Serpent for this build, though I know a lot will use blood of the fallen too. (Which isn't strictly worse or anything, just another option at this point).

Now, what I've noticed as I play this build, is that while I'm attacking someone, with spit/ooze/grasp tricks flying around, that activating the Blade gives me basically infinite mana for the duration of the combat.  Also, any activated ability can be used with grasp to give you a bit of extra time(Stops the damage, breaks the 'stun 'on you, but not the target). So, what if I insert a Bestial Rage in there instead of Diseased claws? Of course, it isn't worth skipping ooze for early BW, so I'd change my order a bit.

1. Spit
  2. Ooze
  3. Save
  4. Spit + Ooze
  5. Grasp
  6. Bestial Wrath
  7. Spit
  8. Oooze
  9. Save
  10. Spit + Ooze

The point is that if you are in a 10 second Mana Splurge due to the blade, the mana cost of the Bestial Wrath is significantly negated, meaning it is just a 25% boost to AA damage for a while.  It also allows you to pick up the line a lot faster once you get to the end game. Now 11-15 could look like this:

1. Beastial Wrath
  2. Beastial Wrath
  3. Beastial Wrath
  4. Save
  5. Spit + Beastial Wrath

Which has some perks to it.  No doubt the level 15 variety of BW is pretty astoundingly powerful.  Longer duration, and INABILITY TO BE SLOWED are amazing effects.  It also allows you to scale up your AA damage much faster than others during this period.  My other build used Inner Beast up to Acclimation, but I have to say that BW 4 at level 13 giving 55% more damage, is a lot better than +10% attack speed.

Anyhow, I've tried this only once or twice, and not in close games (Easily won them.. but generally against poor pug teams )

October 11, 2009 10:57:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would say about 5-10% of my games reach level 18+. I do hit level 20 from time to time. What this abilities does is protect UB from extremely late game shifts. Many DGs plateau in strength after level 15, but then there's a few like Oak who actually get completely out of hand if they reach extremely high levels. BW adds UB to that short list of DGs that cannot be allowed to hit level 20.

Btw. if you start taking BW at 16 it's 10 out of every 20 seconds once you hit 20, a full 50% of the time (or even more if you have a cooldown flag). Just running away from UB every single time they fight isn't so simple. It means that no one but Oak and to a lesser extent Erebus can stand their ground against him, which is a major strategic disadvantage.

Now, I see the point in taking BW for very long game. I'm so used game's are finished between level 10 & 15. I agree with you on theory and will test that.

October 24, 2009 2:23:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i was saying beggining game its a waste, becase you got low base damage, but late game, it is the shit.

October 24, 2009 2:56:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bestial Wrath is really cool if your oppenents will stick around. Usually, I've found that decent players will avoid me for the 7 seconds. Also, you shouldn't really activate spit or foul grasp while under BW because it's a waste.

October 24, 2009 4:17:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if u active BW when during a grasp ur enemy can't run away.

October 24, 2009 7:18:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i must say that last posts i read, obscenitor always spoke clever and the best, so i'm givin you 1 karma now for BW.

And it is funny, cause after i got the game it took me just 2 week to know that BW is the best skill to take from 16-20, and i also wrote it in my first comentary a month ago when i logged in (talking about my beast), but here you are guys arguing does BW suck. I thought that was settled already, but anyway, it is good to know that obscenitor is here to fight for truth!

respect!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.