The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Idea] Making tanking actually viable through armor and a favor item.

By on October 2, 2009 5:04:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This idea revolves around armor actually doing something major to every enemy instead of just towers and creeps. Now right now armor is very effective at what it does greatly dimishing the effect of AA from grunts, towers, and other enemies. Now this becomes a problem for people like Rook, QoT (yeah she can take punishment more than most people can think), and Sedna who rely on their health and armor than other demigods. Now there are 2 approaches that I've thought of. Personally I like option 1 better but I want others to decide. Both these ideas involve modifying how armor works towards spells and overall.

Now numbers are subject to change so please if you think some number is too low or high please voice your opinion.

Option 1

A favor item lets give it the name Steel Chestplate is 2000 favor and is for everyone.

Steel Chestplate

• Minus 35% damage in all damage. We don't need someone who takes massive damage to do massive damage in return.
  • Plus 1000 armor
  • (The plot thickens) Now at this level this demigod easily could easily be taken out by a caster because the armor is virtually useless. SOOOO now armor effects spell attacks in a static ability damage reduction that is HALF of what his armor mitigation is. So lets say they have 60% autoattack mitigation. Thats 30% ability damage reduction. Thats significant when fighting someone like regulus who operates off mines and snipe.
  • All health items give an additional 100 health and 5 health regen.

Now overall this item would turn you out almost even instead of really good. The damage is too much of a mitigation to make up for the extra armor early game and the damage would severly effect that person late in the game in kills. But the idea here is that early in the game you could actually tank and late game last against multiple demigods alone.

To explain the per item bonus lets say you got

• Scalemail which alone gives you 600 armor and is an item that isn't bought frequently. But now it gives an extra 100 health and 5 regen.
  • Now you get branded armor another 400 health and 5 regen. With another 100 health and 5 regen.

Now only that you can start with give you 600 armor 600 health and 10 regen which is significant saying the armor now effects spells that extra 200 health may have become 300. It's a small boost that could make a differance.

As I said this is my prefered option because it would make it so you would chose if this happens and makes it so you can actually take damage decently without bulwark of ages and other abilities.

Option 2

Just make the spell mitigation on damage given to everyone is basically all. But if this happened we'd need items to boost spell damage as well so this would require much much more coding than the above technique and I'm afraid this option would make the game even more prone to health stacking.

Thank you for reading this and please leave your comments below. I will consider all below replies and will very much appreciate if this post (expecially) option 1 becomes a hot topic and maybe eventually make it into the game.

+11 Karma | 5 Replies
October 2, 2009 6:06:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So you get to be almost unstoppable but your attacks and spells are reduced by 30%? is that what this means?

October 2, 2009 7:14:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If everyone chooses this favor item, no one would ever die. It's hard enough to kill an enemy Demigod in the endgame.

October 2, 2009 7:56:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We may just need to scale down ability damage and health stacking in order to make other trees a little more feasable.

October 11, 2009 1:17:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
So you get to be almost unstoppable but your attacks and spells are reduced by 30%? is that what this means?

I never said the 35% damage reduction was the only thing we could do. Maybe put it up at 45% it would need to be tested.

October 11, 2009 1:18:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
If everyone chooses this favor item, no one would ever die. It's hard enough to kill an enemy Demigod in the endgame.

Maybe have a speed decrease then.

P.s. Sorry for double post

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.