The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

something broke > digicons and uploading avatars

I assume they are related

By on October 2, 2009 12:07:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

something recently happed that is now preventing me from seeing non classic digicons and preventing me from uploading a new avatar for myself.

I've tested this on two computers in 3 (technically 5) browsers.   One computer is windows 7 with flash 10.0.32 installed, tested in IE 8, google chrome, and firefox 3.   My other computer (my lappy) is windows XP with Flash 9.0.159 installed, tested with IE 7 and firefox 2 (haven't updated her in over a year, and proud.  Firefox 2 is way better than 3 in my opinion anyway)

When I see a digicon, it has its [ e digicon :... ]   stuff in front  and behind it.      Classic digicons seem to appear just fine, and often in the newer digicons.

When I try to upload an avatar, it accesses the file and seems to upload with no fight, but then tells me to "please upload a new image".   If I try to remove my avatar, it gives me an error saying it couldn't be removed, try again later.   ("undefined" is listed at the bottom for what its worth)

Doing it directly through Impulse gives a very strange error saying that my browser doesn't have flash 9 or higher installed (this is on my windows 7 computer that obviously has flash 10 installed).   I've tried on the elemental forums, and in impulsedriven forums.

+154 Karma | 3 Replies
October 2, 2009 12:09:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

seems like a problem they are fixing right now. i noticed the bug in the digicons earlier today too.

October 2, 2009 12:12:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

oh, have they been working it? 

I figured it would be noticed, but nobody was reporting it that I could see and I couldn't pull the bystander's "somebody else will report it" anymore because I want to change my avatar.

October 2, 2009 4:35:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

added note: 

I also noted I suddenly started getting "div"s rather than "p"s one one of my posts.  It might be because I coppied something from one of frogboy's posts, but it threw me fore a loop.    Since I've never seen it until now, I can only assume its related still.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.