The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

If a player quits should you try your best not to hunt the a.i?

By on October 1, 2009 2:25:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What do you guys think?

I had a 3v3 Pug game and one of our players (JewishLumberJack - Dont play with this guy) ragequit even though we wernt losing (he was just dying lots). I asked the enemy team to try and not hunt down the a.i....but they did as much as possible.

Thoughts?

+26 Karma | 30 Replies
October 1, 2009 2:30:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Depends. If it is close before the drop, I won't.

If we were clearly winning before the ragequit, I will so that I can get enough gold to end the game quickly with Catapults or Giants.

October 1, 2009 2:30:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If a player quits should you try your best not to hunt the a.i?

you should farm on the AI as much as possible. its your bad luck, due to the flaws that are already known in this game.

this should tell u that AI should never have been put in this game at all.

October 1, 2009 2:36:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Farm the AI, when the shoe is on the other foot booya

October 1, 2009 3:21:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

id farm the ai as much as i could also lol.

but i reckon the benefits of killing the ai need to change again...maybe the killer coudl get something like a temp health regen boost?

October 1, 2009 4:05:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I find it bizarre that you decided to stay in that game when your teammate quit so early on.  Most of us just accept our fate and concede if a teammate disconnects, cause 2v3 is usually hopeless.  I mean what else did you expect?

I tried my best not to farm the AI in that game but sometimes it's unavoidable, especially late game when the AI goes down in the matter of a few seconds.  Of course my teammates weren't exactly accommodating to your request, but then again your attitude and taunting wasn't winning any friends either.

Just concede, it's what the rest of us do, one loss isn't the end of the world.

October 1, 2009 7:21:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

perhaps they should add a feature, when someone RQ, then you get AI, ok. So the other team gets 2 AI added to flavour the mix.

We all know AI is just food.

Yeh so maybe killing AI should count the same as killing 1 minion wave and thats it....

October 1, 2009 7:58:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've tried this don't kill the AI stuff before (moral high ground and all that), but inevitably, the AI will throw themselves at you die.  I think we'll all been in this position before.  You get pissed if you are on the receiving end (AI on your team) or you immedidately realize you pretty much won if the AI is on the other team.  I always feel bad for just killing the AI, but oh well. 

October 1, 2009 8:27:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If the other team requests it and they still have a fighting chance then you should try not to go out of your way to kill the AI. If the AI comes to you there is not much you can do but kill it.

October 1, 2009 9:01:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I find it bizarre that you decided to stay in that game when your teammate quit so early on.  Most of us just accept our fate and concede if a teammate disconnects, cause 2v3 is usually hopeless.  I mean what else did you expect?

I tried my best not to farm the AI in that game but sometimes it's unavoidable, especially late game when the AI goes down in the matter of a few seconds.  Of course my teammates weren't exactly accommodating to your request, but then again your attitude and taunting wasn't winning any friends either.

Just concede, it's what the rest of us do, one loss isn't the end of the world.

I would normally concede but your team wasnt exactly the best. We got giants before you and managed to lock your portal 3 times (you locked ours zero times) so we had a good enough chance at winning so that I wouldnt concede. Tbh the A.I wasnt much worst then JewishLumberJack so the game would have resulted in the same way.

Just some tips - lock our portals! You guys could have easily won about 10-20 mins early if you did that.

And its true the A.I often throws itself out you - it is hard not to kill them.

October 1, 2009 9:20:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm most interested in having a good game.  If my team is solidly winning the match, and an opponent drops, I avoid the AI to make it more interesting.

If they are raping us, and one drops, I'll definitely kill an AI to make the game better.

October 1, 2009 9:38:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would normally concede but your team wasnt exactly the best. We got giants before you and managed to lock your portal 3 times (you locked ours zero times) so we had a good enough chance at winning so that I wouldnt concede. Tbh the A.I wasnt much worst then JewishLumberJack so the game would have resulted in the same way.

Just some tips - lock our portals! You guys could have easily won about 10-20 mins early if you did that.

And its true the A.I often throws itself out you - it is hard not to kill them.

Yea to be honest your team actually had me worried for a few minutes near the end.  I don't know what it was in the early and mid game but we just couldn't get our shit together

Still, it's pretty risky investing so much time in a 2v3, so be prepared to deal with teams that ignore your request to not farm the AI.  I pretty much expect players to farm my AI teammates if players drop, so I don't even bother staying when that happens.

October 1, 2009 9:40:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You cannot ignore the AI. Its kinda ridiculous when you think about it.

October 1, 2009 11:16:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lukas_A_79,
perhaps they should add a feature, when someone RQ, then you get AI, ok. So the other team gets 2 AI added to flavour the mix.
I think it would be better to give the AI some notable bonus when it replace a player. For example give her some good items for free. This could be made dependent from the levels of the enemies and the level of the player the AI is taking over. A well equipped AI is dangerous and not only food.

October 1, 2009 12:23:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No but you can not purposely hunt the a.i as much as possible all the time.

October 1, 2009 12:33:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,

No but you can not purposely hunt the a.i as much as possible all the time.

Its just such a stupid situation for a strategy game in the first place. I would take games with AI replacements very lightly.

October 1, 2009 12:39:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sure, it would be the 'honorable' thing to do but it would be incredibly naive to expect anyone to actually abide by this rule.

As was said, this is just another reason that the AI has no business showing up to a round between actual people (unless invited to do so beforehand) in the first place.

October 1, 2009 7:01:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've tried not hitting the AI at all for the entire match. Every time I've done it, my team still won by a long shot because the other team was down a man and the AI would kamikaze charge a push or tower and get hit by someone's splash damage for free assist gold. I've killed the damned things on accident before because they wouldn't run and got killed by my trebuchet as rook. So I don't think avoiding hunting the AI is an actual option. I say if the other team asks you politely not to hunt the AI and the game's close, you can give it a go, but the probability of a comeback after a leaver is...low.

October 2, 2009 7:34:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Should have conceded when he left everyone will farm AI

October 2, 2009 8:29:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Play to win. That's all there is to it. Who's going to purposely avoid killing the AI? No one. Hell, I'd single them out without a second thought.

October 2, 2009 11:20:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok

I was just curious as to what the general thought on this was. I had just played a match where people were agreeing that hunting the a.i shouldnt be done and the next people were saying they should.

October 2, 2009 5:55:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The people on the team with the AI almost always think it shouldn't be done...

October 2, 2009 6:49:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You have to screw the other team and farm the a.i, because they would do the exact same thing if circumstances were reversed.

October 3, 2009 12:39:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just treat the A.I. just like I treat a newb (admittedly a really stupid newb), if it gets in the way of what I'm trying to do I kill it. If it stays out of the way I don't actively hunt it down. A decent team will almost alway beat the team with the A.I. even if it isn't being singled out because you can't get it to work with the team it is on, period.

October 3, 2009 1:41:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Guderian77,
I just treat the A.I. just like I treat a newb (admittedly a really stupid newb), if it gets in the way of what I'm trying to do I kill it. If it stays out of the way I don't actively hunt it down.

This.

October 3, 2009 2:24:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im curious if you guys would rather when someone leaves their character does too - and no A.I or anything is left behind?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000813   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.