The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Erebus Should Be Targetable in Mist Form

By on September 30, 2009 9:03:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

...when you have a Totem of Revelation in play.

I understand invisibility was in the beta, but there is nothing in Mist's description that makes him immune to damage or interupts. This is either a bug, or a mis-wording on GPG's part. Erebus is TARGETABLE in mist form when a Totem is out, but you cannot do anything to him.

+37 Karma | 11 Replies
September 30, 2009 10:08:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think if he could be damaged while in mist form, it would kill the utility of the skill.  The totem description could benefit by simply removing the word "cloaked".

September 30, 2009 10:26:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think Brjoha might be right here, in my experience I use Mist to remove things like Spit, but I also use it to wait out my opponents in key situations.

September 30, 2009 10:30:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erebus Should Be Targetable in Mist Form

he is. you can shield him when he is misted , without totem.

September 30, 2009 10:47:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The totem currently detects him in mist form. He should be interruptable in that case since mist does not prevent this.

However, brjoha could be right and this is just an oversight of GPG. Although I think totems could be a good counter to mist. Certaintly would change up consumable combinations.

October 1, 2009 5:18:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you can shield him when he is misted

Does not work with Bramble Shields though. Your mana is gone but there's no Shield.

October 1, 2009 5:38:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

erebus is not invisible in mist form! he cahnged his form. making it possible to harm him in mist form would render the whole spell totally useless!

it is more of an bug that the totem makes him targetable. they probably used the property "invisible" to make him disapear and show the mist instead. that's why the totem works.

@Stack3d: does he really keeps hsa the shiled on after getting out of mist? i can heal him too, while in mist form but it has no effect on his hp. simply my mana is wasted. thus he is indeed targetable in mist form but heals have no effect (which by the way pretty much fucks me up when i wasted the heal and the cd on an ereb in mist form).

edit: it really stupid what currently happens in the forum. as soon as somebodys tactic/attacks do not work as they wish its called overpowered or something liek that. mist is made for being untouchable! otherwise its the most useless skill in dg, end of story.

October 1, 2009 8:37:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@Stack3d: does he really keeps hsa the shiled on after getting out of mist? i can heal him too, while in mist form but it has no effect on his hp. simply my mana is wasted. thus he is indeed targetable in mist form but heals have no effect (which by the way pretty much fucks me up when i wasted the heal and the cd on an ereb in mist form).

tbh i dont know. ive only seen it done to me. i it could be a bug, who knows?

someone should test this out.

October 1, 2009 9:06:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

"I wanna cast…Magic Missile"

"Why are casting Magic Missile? There’s nothing to attack here."

"I…I’m attacking the darkness!"

"Fine, fine, you attack the darkness!"

October 1, 2009 9:16:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CosMoe,

you can shield him when he is misted
Does not work with Bramble Shields though. Your mana is gone but there's no Shield.

Same with Sed's heals, I believe.

October 1, 2009 9:39:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,
edit: it really stupid what currently happens in the forum. as soon as somebodys tactic/attacks do not work as they wish its called overpowered or something liek that. mist is made for being untouchable! otherwise its the most useless skill in dg, end of story.

Excuse me. If you check my record I have not played for a long time. This is something I just have been meaning to post, but never got around to it.

October 1, 2009 7:34:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can't speak for the others, but Bramble definately

a) Sticks on after he leaves mist if you cast before he enters it.

b ) Is not applied if already in Mist form, but mana is lost and skill goes on cooldown.

I know for a fact Frogboy has experienced firsthand (and died because of), so maybe it has a higher than normal chance of getting fixed

I see two solutions, either cancel spells with erebus as target when he goes to mistform (best solution imo), or allow friendly skills to target him while in Mist, in which case he should also be targetable by opponents if detection is present.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.